Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 15-Mar 21,2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 15-Mar 21,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 15-Mar 21,2021

Unread 03-15-2021, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 15-Mar 21,2021

If your hysterectomy was between Mar 15-Mar 21,2021 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2021, 07:32 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 15-Mar 21,2021

Welcome, This is your Recovery Thread, where you’ll be able to share your progress and meet other sisters who are recovering along with you. This is a safe environment where you should feel comfortable to ask questions, voice your concerns or even vent your frustrations. Truly a place without judgement, only loving support by others sisters and knowing that you are not alone.

I have the privilege to walk alongside you in your healing journey as your caring sister. I will offer guidance, share my own experiences and tips, point you to others resources, and remind you that with time you will feel better. I am not a medical provider, so if at anytime you are overly concerned as you know your body best, please check in with your doctor.
Healing should be your main focus! This was major surgery and healing takes place both inside & outside. Don’t be surprised if you experience things both emotionally and physically in the weeks to come. This process is different for everyone, learned to be patient and listen to your own body is key to helping to heal.

So here is some sisterly advice:
• Follow your doctor’s orders/restrictions
• Time to lean on others for help, the priority is YOU
• Get plenty of rest (your sleep maybe intermittent so nap when you are tired)
• Drink lots of water, seriously lots! (you want to pee out the anesthesia drugs)
• Take your meds as directed (don’t be a warrior in pain)
• No lifting, pushing, pulling, or bending (ask for help)
• Walk a little each day as you are able (trips to bathroom might be your start)

I changed my life on 11/8/2018 when I had my own hysterectomy. After trying everything and many years of issues with Endometriosis, failed Ablation which left my uterus full of pockets of scar tissue and a diagnosis of Adenomyosis, I finally ended the cycle of my pain and heavy bleeding and opened a new chapter in my life, one with better quality. Personally, my own HysterSister recovery thread was a lifesaver! Knowing I was part of a group of sisters that knew exactly what I was going thru and offered suggestions/support was a true blessing in my healing journey. This is why I wanted to pay it forward, by volunteering to be here to help you. I am looking forward to hearing from all, when you are ready to post.

Use the when you first post and introduce yourself to the group, tell us alittle about who you are, where you are from and how you are doing.

Take Care
Unread 03-16-2021, 03:03 PM

My procedure started at 7 AM this morning. I was out of surgery by 9:30 AM and back to my admitting room by about 11 AM. I was given pain meds, saltines, lime Jell-O, and water and was able to pass urine right away! Yay! They sent me home and I am camped out in my recliner as of 1 PM today. Napping on and off this afternoon. All in all things went really well - even though the size of my fibroid was twice what they expected ( hidden on imaging by the uterus). Ice pack for the abs and warm wrap for the back are my new best friends.

Hoping and praying for everyone else scheduled this week. Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2021, 12:05 AM
I made it!

Hey fellow Hyster Sisters!
It is 3/17/21 and I had my surgery at 7:45am this morning. Dr said she didn’t find anything else concerning aside from my enlarged uterus (suspected adenomyosis) and sent it off to pathology. She took that, my tubes and cervix. But I got to keep my ovaries!

I was given a lot of different things and it took me a long time to come out of anesthesia and I
was in a lot of pain when I came to, so the nurse put more pain meds through my IV. The problem with all that it has taken me ALL DAY to come out of being groggy and be able to get up and move around. Still dizzy when I get up.

I was able to eat real food and I can’t seem to get enough water. I will be in the hospital overnight. Hopefully catheter removal in the morning and some Walking so I can go home in the afternoon.

The only pain I have now is right below my belly and in my right shoulder. We think it’s gad pain and irritation from the catheter. I also have bad lower back pain being exacerbated by the abdomen pain, but I had that beforehand. Just on Ibuprofen and Tylenol for now. An IV with infusion of electrolytes and I know they put antibiotics in the first round.

Aside from all hat I’m exhausted and will try to sleep. I hope we get confirmation of adenomyosis just to make me feel better about all this. But it needed to be done.

Hope you all are healing and resting.
Unread 03-18-2021, 07:23 AM

Hi Everyone!

I had my surgery yesterday, 3/17 at 9:20am. Everything looked good on the early pathology report.

I was discharged at 6pm, so I got to come home and sleep in my own bed- which was fabulous!

I feel really great, all things considered. I will say I was STARVING when I came out of anesthesia, which surprised me as a lot of what I read said that most women had no appetite for a while post-surgery.

Fingers crossed that things keep going the way they are so far!
Unread 03-18-2021, 11:07 AM

Good for you! I get discharged this afternoon.
And I was starving too!

QUOTE=VBCM;1527823035]Hi Everyone!

I had my surgery yesterday, 3/17 at 9:20am. Everything looked good on the early pathology report.

I was discharged at 6pm, so I got to come home and sleep in my own bed- which was fabulous!

I feel really great, all things considered. I will say I was STARVING when I came out of anesthesia, which surprised me as a lot of what I read said that most women had no appetite for a while post-surgery.

Fingers crossed that things keep going the way they are so far![/quote]
Unread 03-18-2021, 12:01 PM

My pathology report came in late yesterday. Just a huge fibroid and no sign of cancer! Great news!

I am feeling pretty well. Just waiting for #2 to make an appearance!

Good to hear from the others on this thread. Hugs and healing to all!
Unread 03-18-2021, 03:09 PM

Hello, my sisters

I had surgey at 10 today. Home at 2 pm. So far feeling ok, just nauseous. Hope this passes soon. Wishing everyone speedy healing.
Unread 03-18-2021, 07:13 PM

Welcome, so glad you all checked in here and let us know you made it to the other side of surgery. Now let the healing begin.

Rach1964: Congrats on NO CANCER!!!! Agree both Ice and Heating pad were my best friends during recovery. Love each for different reasons.

Swshea: Wahoo for getting to keep your ovaries!! Did you have anti-nausea meds? If so that might explain the “can’t get enough water” feeling. I know that feeling it really sucked. I must have drank 3 gallons of water before leaving the hospital. Thank god the catheter was left in overnight, so I did not have to get out of bed every 10 minutes. I kept the nurse running to either get me more water or empty my catheter bag.

VBCM: Glad you are home, nothing better than sleeping I your own bed.

Zengarden77: Hope you are less nauseous as time goes on. Are you on RX pain meds? It could be from that or having anesthesia still in system. If it does not go away, you could try a OTC anti-nausea med or check in with doctor for suggestions.

As we wait for more ladies to join us here. I wanted to share some additional helpful hints for the 1st week in recovery.

You will find that no topic is unsafe to not bring up in this RT as if you are struggling with it you know there are others that are going thru it too! So with that said I will dig in!
Ah the dreaded wait for the 1st Bowel Movement!
How Long After Hysterectomy Before a Bowel Movement?
10 foods to Get Your Bowels Moving After Hysterectomy

Try to relax it will come. Stay the course of stool softeners, lots of fluids, eating healthy with fiber and getting up and moving around as you can. I also used a stool to prop my feet up in a squatting position it helps align your system so voiding is easier. In fact, it helped so much that my husband got me a squatty potty and I still used it to this day!! For gas, I found Gas-X was a life saver! Everyone is different and whatever you do don’t force it or go over kill and take laxatives. Diarrhea will dehydrate you and definitely is not at all what you are aiming for.

Shoulder/rib pain and feeling like a truck ran over you is most likely the anesthesia working its way out of your system. I suffered from “splinted breathing” which is sometimes common in abdominal surgeries. I could not take deep breaths without pain. Ice and heat packs helped.

Fatigue is a normal, your body is taking all its energy and focus on healing you, it really wipes you out. Important to Nap/rest when you are tired, no matter what time it is. Don’t fight it Your body needs it. Don’t be surprised if you have interment sleep for a while. The bodies hormonal system is in shock and takes a while to get back in balance. Weird sleep patterns are one of the many things that happens during this time. The best thing you can do is try to listening to what your body needs.

Also, helps to write down when you take meds, so you can track when next dose is due. I know I had a table with all my “stuff” lined up and a log of when I took it. it really helped as I was in a bit of a fog for the first week.

Sending you all healing hugs
Unread 03-19-2021, 07:50 AM

Hello,
I had my surgery in the early morning of 3/17. Once I woke up from anesthesia I felt great and all of the nurses commented on how good I looked. I didn’t even feel tired or loopy at all. It was such a great surprise to be doing so well early on especially since I had never had surgery before and didn’t know what to expect.

As someone else mentioned, I also could not get enough to drink. The nurses drained my catheter 5 times that day!!

I had a LAVH due to extreme pain and heavy bleeding which were thought to be caused by a fibroid with a necrotic center which showed up in an ultrasound. However, once they started surgery they found a very severe case of endometriosis. My doctor said it was the worst she had ever seen. Some of the endo has grown on my bladder which they weren’t able to remove in fear that it would cause a tear in my bladder.
I’m feeling a little discouraged knowing that most women still experience pain after a couple years post-surgery because the endo may continue to grow (they kept my ovaries in).

Did anyone else get a hysterectomy for endometriosis?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register