Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021 - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Unread 07-20-2021, 02:45 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

I found these on Amazom, and love them: Weintee Women's Knit Sweatpants Capri Pants with Pockets

I got capris, cause my surgury was at the beginning of summer and wanted to try to keep cooler. The description says sweat pants, but they are light weight. They even have pockets and are very forgiving during post op swelly belly!

They even make shorts. Yay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2021, 09:53 PM

Hi everyone,
I have seen a cardiologist because of the heart rate/ palpitations and low blood pressure. Trips to ER. Waiting for results from the heart monitor I wore. The EKG was abnormal, had an echo which was ok, but the stress test on a treadmill was abnormal. Has anyone else experienced issues with this maybe from hormonal imbalance? I kept my ovaries and asked the gynecologist about it and he said he didn’t think it was related. I had SVT- fast heart rate while pregnant with all four kids and was wondering if it was related to the uterus somehow and now that it has been removed maybe my body is out of whack? I have another test coming up because the stress test indicated that the blood flow was not adequate in the heart. I started having the fast heart rate and low blood pressure immediately after the hysterectomy and while in recovery. Any thoughts or has anyone else had this?
Unread 07-20-2021, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugbug34 View Post
Hi everyone,
I have seen a cardiologist because of the heart rate/ palpitations and low blood pressure. Trips to ER. Waiting for results from the heart monitor I wore. The EKG was abnormal, had an echo which was ok, but the stress test on a treadmill was abnormal. Has anyone else experienced issues with this maybe from hormonal imbalance? I kept my ovaries and asked the gynecologist about it and he said he didn’t think it was related. I had SVT- fast heart rate while pregnant with all four kids and was wondering if it was related to the uterus somehow and now that it has been removed maybe my body is out of whack? I have another test coming up because the stress test indicated that the blood flow was not adequate in the heart. I started having the fast heart rate and low blood pressure immediately after the hysterectomy and while in recovery. Any thoughts or has anyone else had this?

No similar experience, but feel for u having to deal with after recovery from major surgery, so didn't want to leave unresponded to.
TC Helen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2021, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helebrownb View Post

No similar experience, but feel for u having to deal with after recovery from major surgery, so didn't want to leave unresponded to.
TC Helen
Thank you for responding. It’s appreciated!! It has been a lot. Hope all is well with you.
Unread 07-21-2021, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Hi there, glad this is getting looked into for you! I would imagine that the stress a major op takes on the whole body, it could well have brought this heart issue to light. Fingers crossed for you!
Unread 07-23-2021, 12:49 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassbow View Post
Hey folks...can we talk about swollen tummies! Who else is still on the swollen tummy train?
My doctor said I'd likely notice it less by week 8 and I did, more likely to see it in the evening after a day of living. Beyond 8 weeks whenever I did something which really used my core I'd get dull cramps and swelling. It was always tied to a specific activity, like power washing the porch (now really, what was I thinking?!), heaving a 24-pack of soda over my head on a high shelf, a beach day of body surfing and walking on the sand. One time it was a long 18-hour day: worked for half a day, then took TeenGirl and friends to an outdoor concert about 90 miles away, enjoyed the show, took forever to get out of the parking lot, and got back home in the wee hours of the morning. The last time swelly belly hit me was after kicking up the intensity of an abs workout - at 5 months. So, yeah, it can stay with you for a while.
Unread 07-23-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I have seen a cardiologist because of the heart rate/ palpitations and low blood pressure. Trips to ER. Waiting for results from the heart monitor I wore. The EKG was abnormal, had an echo which was ok, but the stress test on a treadmill was abnormal. Has anyone else experienced issues with this maybe from hormonal imbalance? I kept my ovaries and asked the gynecologist about it and he said he didn’t think it was related.
Heart palpitations can be associated with menopause or a hormone imbalance; I've not read anything that it contributes to low blood pressure, though. The removal of the uterus shouldn't lower BP, either - it's a user of the blood supply and is now out of the loop. Blood loss, thyroid issues, diabetes, adrenal insufficiency (not sure what that entails) can all contribute to low BP.

It's curious indeed. Please keep us posted.
Unread 07-23-2021, 01:07 PM

I bought some high waist yoga pants with tummy control and love them
champion makes an athletic underwear that i also find helps hold me in
i keep gaining and losing water - seems totally based on my activity level

it will get better
Unread 07-24-2021, 12:47 PM

Hello dear Hyster Sisters, many wishes for your good recovery in body, mind and energy.
I am feeling nearly normal. Had first bath and it was divine. Made it a special ritual.
Started more intense yoga and, although I felt a little soreness after, I'm happy to finally move and stretch my body fully and freely. I feel even better than before the operation and so happy I did it. Many blissings! Seraf
Unread 07-29-2021, 09:26 AM

Hi Sisters! I haven't posted in a while because I had to catch up on work. I taught online this summer, and it was harder than I thought it would be to have my surgery and do my job. I had so much work to catch up on over the last few weeks! I have some good news and some questions. I finally got brave enough to have sex around week 8 post op. The first time, we took it very slow, and it was pretty great. We used plenty of lubricant, and we were not as, well, energetic as usual. It was a huge relief that it didn't hurt. I didn't bleed or spot at all. Then around nine 1/2 weeks post op, we had sex again. It was a little more energetic, and it hurt. My husband is well endowed, and I'm pretty petite. When we had sex before with my fibroids, it hurt like all heck. This time, is didn't hurt in the same place. It hurt in my vagina, like maybe where my cuff is? So we backed off and still had a very pleasant evening. I was sore the next day, and I did spot a tiny bit. I'm just wondering if I'll be able to get back to our normal sex life which was frankly really amazing and very energetic. Also, I've noticed that if I sit in a hard chair for too long, like for work, I get the "phantom tampon" feeling. I had that feeling around weeks 6-7, like my vagina was swollen and uncomfortable. Now I only get it for a little while if I exercise too hard or sit too much. I was feeling really good, but now I'm concerned. I hope you're all doing well and enjoying life without a troublesome uterus! All the best!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register