Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 12-Jul 18,2021 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 12-Jul 18,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 12-Jul 18,2021

Unread 07-20-2021, 11:37 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 12-Jul 18,2021

Welp, I'm having to go in and see one of the doctors in my gyno's practice today, because my right incision is coming open too much for their liking based on the pictures I sent them last night.

Other than that, things are going pretty good. Pain is negligible unless I move wrong or lean my abdomen up against something. I still don't have an appetite though, so I might mention that when I go in today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2021, 01:08 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 12-Jul 18,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelakeats View Post
I'm so sorry! I hope it gets better for you. There's not much that's worse than constipation after surgery. I had the pebble effect too at first, but I drank A TON of water and ate a bunch of fruit and took Colace 3 x per day, and that helped. I know meds can slow things down, so maybe your idea of stopping antidepressants until you're more regular will work.

Thank you so much!

I was able to go shortly after I made this post. I mean I REALLY removed some crap. I’m at my 1 week post op and I drove here with no issue. I turned the heated seats on and took one of my blanket as a buffer from the seatbelt. I have on high waisted leggings and it hurts like hell around my smelly belly.

I hope my doctor has some good news for me.

This site is such a godsend!! I appreciate all of you so much.
Unread 07-20-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidadog View Post
Welp, I'm having to go in and see one of the doctors in my gyno's practice today, because my right incision is coming open too much for their liking based on the pictures I sent them last night.

Other than that, things are going pretty good. Pain is negligible unless I move wrong or lean my abdomen up against something. I still don't have an appetite though, so I might mention that when I go in today.
Oh goodness! I hope everything goes alright.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2021, 01:13 PM

Quote:

Hope everything goes well at the doctor. Please keep us posted.
Unread 07-20-2021, 01:30 PM

Every time I read a reply from bkfranke I feel like we are all in a cosy room with her at the head of us. She goes round each of us in turn, really paying attention to what we say, then giving us her wisdom. It makes me feel very looked after!

Day 6:
My swelly belly needling pains seem to be a lot better but goodness is it like a football (er.. soccer ball for most of you) when I stand up! I managed to sleep on my back most of the night but woke up with my back and body really aching. DH is going to buy me a V shaped pillow tomorrow to see if it helps.
bkfranke - the physio told me to do the pelvic floor exercises from my first day out of bed. I am still being very careful though.
Unread 07-20-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maljer424 View Post
Thank you so much!

I was able to go shortly after I made this post. I mean I REALLY removed some crap. I’m at my 1 week post op and I drove here with no issue. I turned the heated seats on and took one of my blanket as a buffer from the seatbelt. I have on high waisted leggings and it hurts like hell around my smelly belly.

I hope my doctor has some good news for me.

This site is such a godsend!! I appreciate all of you so much.
my dear … on your good BM … we are rejoicing with you. I am so thankful you are out of the pain from constipation. How was your 1 week post op appointment … I hope all is well. You might want to save your leggings for another time.

HysterSisters was my lifeline during recovery … I am so glad we have been able to be there for you as you recover.

remember you are not alone.
Unread 07-20-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Bkfranke, thank you for the frozen pad advice! What a great idea!

I was able to eat a small portion of the meal my friend brought over last night. It tasted soooo good, and it was OK on my stomach.

I will stay away from those stories for now. Thank you for reminding me those are worst case scenarios.
my dear … I hope you will find them helpful. I’m glad you were able to eat a bit of the meal your friend brought. I can see the smile on your face from here. on staying away from the stories for now. I usually make it a point to not read stories before surgery and during recovery. I have found it better emotionally.

Quote:
Day 6:

I can't believe I'm almost a week post-op! Things are definitely a bit better than when I first came home from the hospital. Pain and soreness are much less, CO2 gas is gone, swelly belly isn't normal yet, but it's much better, and I'm moving around so much better now. I tried on a pair of pre-surgery shorts today, and they fit fine, so I'm relieved I will not need an entirely new wardrobe to accommodate my "new" abdomen.

The itching around my incision sites has begun. I know not to scratch anything, but it gets intense at times! Anyone else experiencing that right now? They don't hurt as much either. Just super itchy.

Still regular with the bowels, but I think I need to go back to 2 Colace a day because my morning BM wasn't as easy to do!

I took my vitamins this morning all in one dose like I used to do before surgery, but that was a mistake. My stomach is very unhappy with me now, and I even took them with breakfast so I'd have food in there to help! I guess I need to go back to dividing them up and taking them throughout the day instead of all at once.

Last night, a friend brought dinner over. It was Italian, and I was actually able to eat a little of it without anything negative happening. Before that, oatmeal, soup, fruit, and veggies have been all I could tolerate! I'm excited to get to introduce some "normal" foods now.

Thank you to whoever mentioned pelvic floor exercises. I started them yesterday, and I don't have as much of that weird "guts falling out" feeling down there. In fact, when I sit down now, it feels pretty normal. Like everything has settled into its proper place. I did peek down there last night while showering, and it looks exactly the same as I did pre-surgery. Granted, I didn't do any internal checks, but I was glad to see nothing was hanging out!

I've been OK with surgical menopause so far. I had night sweats before surgery, so that hasn't changed. I was emotional before surgery, too, and that hasn't changed either. The only thing I've noticed that's really different is when my husband kisses me, I don't get the same feeling. It feels nice, but nothing really amps up, if you know what I mean.
You’ve come a long way dear … so glad you are making good progress. I know you are excited to be able to get into your shorts. Please don’t be discouraged if they don’t fit as well in the evening. Swelly Belly tends to be worse in the evening.

The itching can be intense … I hope it will calm down soon for you. It is a sign that your incisions are healing. it might be better spread your vitamins until your system calms down.

I’m so glad surgical menopause isn’t worse than what you experienced before surgery. Our libido can give us different feelings after surgery. Don’t be surprised if it tends to go all over the place. You may find it raging at some point.

remember you are not alone.
Unread 07-20-2021, 06:12 PM

Quote:

Oh my dear, I am so sorry your incision has opened up. So glad they are having you go in … it is better to err on the side of caution. Please let us know how it went dear.

I'm so glad your pain is pretty much controlled ... It's good to be cautious in your movements for a while. I’m sorry you still don’t have an appetite … please let us know what the doctor says.

I hope you rest well tonight.
Unread 07-20-2021, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florrie2 View Post
Every time I read a reply from bkfranke I feel like we are all in a cosy room with her at the head of us. She goes round each of us in turn, really paying attention to what we say, then giving us her wisdom. It makes me feel very looked after!

Day 6:
My swelly belly needling pains seem to be a lot better but goodness is it like a football (er.. soccer ball for most of you) when I stand up! I managed to sleep on my back most of the night but woke up with my back and body really aching. DH is going to buy me a V shaped pillow tomorrow to see if it helps.
bkfranke - the physio told me to do the pelvic floor exercises from my first day out of bed. I am still being very careful though.
Florrie. Thank you for your kind words dear. It’s an honor to be able to walk beside you as you recover. I’m here to help y’all in any way I can.

I know Swelly Belly can be rough. I wish I could tell you when it will be gone but I can’t. It tends to stick around for a bit … it is your body’s response to the trauma it has been through. It will get better, honest. I hope the new pillows will help you sleep better. Praying you won’t have the back and body aches tonight.

I’m glad you are being careful with the PF exercises. I went through Pelvic floor Physical therapy … I know the exercises help strengthen those muscles.

. I hope you will be able to rest well.
Unread 07-20-2021, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfranke View Post
I hope you will find them helpful. I’m glad you were able to eat a bit of the meal your friend brought. I can see the smile on your face from here. on staying away from the stories for now. I usually make it a point to not read stories before surgery and during recovery. I have found it better emotionally.

You’ve come a long way dear … so glad you are making good progress. I know you are excited to be able to get into your shorts. Please don’t be discouraged if they don’t fit as well in the evening. Swelly Belly tends to be worse in the evening.

The itching can be intense … I hope it will calm down soon for you. It is a sign that your incisions are healing. it might be better spread your vitamins until your system calms down.

I’m so glad surgical menopause isn’t worse than what you experienced before surgery. Our libido can give us different feelings after surgery. Don’t be surprised if it tends to go all over the place. You may find it raging at some point.

remember you are not alone.[/color]
Yes! The swelling is worse at the end of the day. I'm not sure the shorts would fit now!

I will definitely be spreading my vitamins out throughout the day tomorrow. I felt OK after an hour or so, but it wasn't fun initially!

Thank you for all the advice.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register