Wednesday, 10 May | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wednesday, 10 May Wednesday, 10 May

Unread 05-10-2006, 12:45 AM
Wink - Wednesday, 10 May Wednesday, 10 May

Morning!

I can't seem to stay asleep this morning, so I am here, wide awake!

Breakfast ~ 2 bananas
Lunch ~ PB on wholemeal toast (I know, I bought it in work for the week, cheaper than buying sandwiches, cos I'm too lazy to make them! )
Dinner ~ ? Can't decide yet, too early

We're off swimming this evening, so that will be good, I try and do 20 lengths every time I go, and then play with the kids for a bit.

Melissa ~ Candy and Dolce went to DHs friend's farm. Apparently they were talking on sat, and DH asked him about his dog, and he said he'd died, and then later on, our dogs were mentioned, we were driving to see MIL and DH had a text from his friend, could he have Candy, and when he rang him, he asked could he have as well. We were thrilled with this, as they would neither of them pine, and Billy wasn't too keen on puppy (Grump that he is!) and we were worried he would bully her!

Right, kettles boiled, and off for a

Have a great day, folks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2006, 02:19 AM
Wednesday, 10 May

okay, okay My DDs told me its weds, but it's too late to edit the thread, have to laugh though, I put my bins out yesterday thinking it was weds!
It only came to light when I was looking for an envelope for dinner money, and the kids said 'it doesn't have to be paid until tomorrow, mammy!' and I'm telling you we're going swimming tonight, and we always go on a weds, to break the week up!

I need

:letsnow: :marble:
Unread 05-10-2006, 05:13 AM
Wednesday, 10 May

Morning everyone

Fran... what a great way to start the morning Boy, don't I wish today was Thursday... sad thing is that I didn't notice until you pointed out that today was Wednesday... now I have to adjust my mindset

This week has been going well... food choices so far have been great... I'm determined to keep this under control. Today should be the same... as well as doing well with the water intake.

Haven't been to the gym yet this week... I've been busy getting ready for our vacation which starts next weekend... We're hoping to get to the gym the rest of this week... which looks good right now.

Amazing how much preparation has to go into getting ready for vacation... took the dogs yesterday to the vets... so they are set. We'll have this weekend to finish getting ready... we're heading down to the Outer Banks for a week fun in the sun (I'm hoping). At least we'll have a break from the critters & work... so looking forward to no responsibilities!!

Well... as with some mornings... I'm running late so I don't have time to say "hi" to everyone individually... just know that I'm thinking of you and wishing you the BEST... tata
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2006, 07:18 AM
Wednesday, 10 May

Hi
I finally made it back after a grueling weekend with just too much to do and emotions running high I ate more than I'd have liked, but strangely I am still losing a bit of weight. At the dr. on Monday morning the scale said 176, and then the dr. said I'd lost 7 lbs since Feb when I last visited. So that was a pleasant surprise. I know not too long ago I was around 195, but I seem to have suppressed the actual weight and time. I think it was last summer, though, before I started the Wellbutrin.

today I stopped at McD's and got an Egg McMuffin where they asked me if I wanted two for $2.22, since the single was more expensive. I was very tempted, very very tempted, but I told myself that just because the actual price was lower for two, I didn't need or want (not really) two. It's just another marketing ploy to get people to buy more and eat more. I must see that movie "Supersize Me". LT and I are poster children for eating too much because it's available and cheap. He prides himself on getting bargain meats and making high fat, high calorie meals, and we both eat them and regret it. I was reminded of our old sister Xena who once threw away part of a pastry because she'd already paid for it once, didn't need to force herself to eat it. I'm not that strong yet, no way.

I've been having SBD snack bars for snacks and when one is not enough, I don't feel too bad having another. The Zone has come out with some mini-bars that are pretty tasty and keep me from getting frantic about eating. I eat supper with my folks every day now, and frankly even though I feel like I'm eating more, the routine of it (which always includes dessert) seems to be helpful to keep me from grazing when I get home. One evening I was too late to eat with them, but when I arrived at home I started scouring the refrigerator and cupboards for something exciting. After that I decided that small real meals can be done, and I need to follow through.

Welcome to Jeanna and good luck with your upcoming surgery! We'll be here for you My urologist, who I never followed through with, had warned me that I needed to increase my calories post surgery to help healing. What cool and welcome advice! Too bad I cancelled the surgery

Melissa, welcome back
Sue, wave when you enter NC and head to the Outer Banks. I'm only about 400 miles from there!!
Fran, you mean it's NOT Thursday? I thought time was flying but maybe it's not? I'm happy that Candy and the pup have good and forever happy homes.
I did read last week's posts and I'm sending and smiles to everybody ~~~

Desk
Unread 05-10-2006, 07:49 AM
Wednesday, 10 May

Good Morning Friends! I didnt get to post yesterday, had an eye doctor appt. and he was 1 hour late! said he told them not to book any early appts for him(9:30???), so he didnt show up until 10:30. I said well I guess this appointment should be free, and he said I don't care. So I didnt have to pay a co-pay. So that was good, they better not bill me for it later. I then went to visit my mom, and then did a bit of shopping at Macy's. Trying to buy a few items of clothing here and there. Most of what I have is too big.
I didnt get home until late, so no time to check here. WW showed a 1 lb gain last night, but I didnt get upset. I had been to the doctor the day b4 in the morning and knew their scales were probably most accurate. It was showing a 4 lb difference from the WW scales. If I go by the doctor's scales I've lost 50 lbs.. It's taken 3 years to do that. Now only about 100 more to go...
Desk you sound great, congrats on your losses. I just started back on Wellbutrin yesterday. Have you found that that has helped you? I was on it years ago. With all that's been going on these last 6 months, it has all weighted me down and I figured I needed some help.
Melissa, Welcome back! We just booked our cruise for September, when the kids are on fall break. Our 25th anniversary is Aug. 1st, but this will be our anniversary trip. What ship were you on? This will be our 2nd Carnival cruise, and wev'e been on Royal Carribean twice. Can't wait!! Like you, I could live on a Cruise ship! Only gaining .5 that's awesome!! No we have not booked our airfare for Romania yet. I am getting frustrated by this. I want the lady we are traveling with to do it first, but she's still working out details?
I told her last week we need to get that part done and then work on the other details. We still have quite a bit of money to raise also. Food has been pretty good. Did give into temptation(after weigh in) and ate pizza @ Sam's club. They have great pizza OH well, it's out of my system now! Today has been some fruit salad and a package of smart portions muffins. About 4 points total. I've got to get started on my water! I will work out today. My workout yesterday was shopping and trying on clothes. Does that count? !!!!
I need to get this day started even though I've already been out and taken DS to school. Have a great one today! Sharon
Unread 05-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Wednesday, 10 May

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon40
of shopping at Macy's. Trying to buy a few items of clothing here and there. Most of what I have is too big.
I didnt get home until late, so no time to check here. WW showed a 1 lb gain last night, but I didnt get upset. I had been to the doctor the day b4 in the morning and knew their scales were probably most accurate. It was showing a 4 lb difference from the WW scales. If I go by the doctor's scales I've lost 50 lbs.. It's taken 3 years to do that. Now only about 100 more to go...
Sharon this is absolutely great! You have worked so hard, exercised, overcome bodily obstacles and you are making good progress! Fifty pounds is fifty pounds, no matter how you look at it. Has the doctor admitted that you are doing a good job yet? I sure hope so. As for the Wellbutrin, I strongly suspect it has helped me notice when I have eaten enough after all these years of not even noticing until I"m about to explode, and even then not feeling satisfied. I am more emotional, but I sure feel more "alive" and awake and alert since switching over. Several friends of mine have lost substantial amounts of weight after starting Wellbutrin. I did lots of research on it, and it's common to lose a few pounds at least. Like 4-7 lbs, maybe. I did lose those first pounds relatively quickly. And I never even noticed that I was losing weight while in Florida. The only evidence I see in the mirror is that my face is a bit thinner and my chin is somewhat less padded. The rest of the body seems to be the same, although my standard polo shirt (not exactly a uniform, but it's the only thing that fits) is slightly less confining.
Unread 05-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Wednesday, 10 May

DESK, thank you you are an !!!! You are so encouraging! You are right, 50 lbs is 50 lbs...But for all my effort, I feel it should be 100! I have a problem of comparing myself to others. It may take me 10 years to get the rest of it off, but I guess that's okay if it stays gone! Thanks for the info on wellbutrin. SO glad you are back with us! sharon
Unread 05-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Wednesday, 10 May

Hello BEST
Welcome back Melissa, we missed you.
Jeanna, it is always nice to have new faces join us.
I am working very hard at being OP, my DS and his fiance were going to get married Oct. of 07, they have moved it up to July twenty something! KIDS!!! We just have to except this and make the best of it. So, I need to work hard to look nice for wedding photos. Don't want to embarass them.
I had a piece of angel food cake OK confesion is over.
bkfst today was oatmeal
snack will be yogurt and curves shake
lunch salad
dinner probably roast beef with carrots
Llyn, I hope you feel better.
Desk, good for you for passing up the uneeded sandwich. Sometimes a bargain just isn't worth it.
Sharon, has your group tried a yard sale, we made $1504.00 on our one day yard sale this past Saturday. It is alot of work setting up for it and advertising is sosososo important, but we are always pleased at we bring in. It might help in getting ready for your trip.
I need to get to my dads, I am so tired this morning, DH had a rough night with his legs and keeps me up. I am also worried to death because I have to take a CPR class tonight, I have never done anything like this and I have to have it to work at Curves, which by the way, I love. I am so scared that I will fail.
I must go, I will try to check back in later. Have a great day BEST.
Unread 05-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Wednesday, 10 May

ladies! I have been MIA for the past few days. My sister decided to have a yard sale next Sat. and asked me to join her. I have been scouring drawers and cupboards and closets to find some things to sell. Since my weekend was awful OPwise, I have been soooooooooo good these past 2 days. I have been walking and going to Curves. I told you gals about me being the third biggest loser at my Curves, well now the owner wants to take our pics so everyone knows who the "gold stars" are. There must be about 15 of us who have lost 50 or more combined pounds and inches. So now we will be on the wall of fame so to speak.
home Melissa and to Jeanna......good luck with your surgery!

s to those who need them(Sharon) and Congrats to all the losers!

Love you guys!

Emily
Unread 05-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Wednesday, 10 May

Good morning ladies, I seem to log on last must be the time difference. My attitude is better this morning and I am going to try to have a BEST day. Love reading all your notes to each other and I appreciate the intimacy, encouragement you give one another and the accountability.

I actually am looking forward to rejoining Curves once the surgery is over and getting back to Weight Watchers. I wish weight wasn't a battle for so many!!!

Busy day today - appointments and a good leg shave as my surgery is on Friday. I have been good at writing in my day planner so when I am a little "out of it" after surgery I will remember things that need to get done. My monkey of a 2 year old (I am a "late" mom as I was never supposed to be able to have kids and then at 37 I started getting pregnant - had 3 wonderful boys and although one is now in Heaven, my dear Seth, I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old) needs his cast off in about a week.

So there a little bit about me. And send over that cruise advice as I am going on my first on in late October - Hawaiian islands. It is a Freestyle cruise but I don't really know how that will differ from the regular ones.

Have a great day and hope some of you check back in. Perhaps I will start the thread for tomorrow as I seem to start my day earlier or perhaps later than you all!!

Blessings

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register