very emotional | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

very emotional very emotional

Unread 02-09-2008, 06:57 AM
very emotional

Hello All

I am scheduled to have have a TAH and a LSO on Monday. I am so emotional. I find myself crying if I let myself think about it too much. The pain and cramping that I am having is getting so unbearable...but at the same time, this feels like something is being taken away from me.....Have you felt like this?

Emotional~

Sarah

35, many cysts, endo, painful periods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2008, 07:21 AM
very emotional

Yes, even though I was 54 at the time of my hyst, I was very emotional and sad from time to time. I think that it's pretty normal to feel that way.

Hang in there, you have only a few more days to wait. I hope that the cramping and pain will ease up for you.

S
Unread 02-09-2008, 07:54 AM
very emotional

Your emotionality is perfectly understandable. You're going through a lot of conflicting feelings right now and that's bound to seem confusing. I had the same thing when I was waiting for my TAH. I definitely wanted all my symptoms to stop because they were terrible and I was so tired of them, yet at the same time something in me was making me very sad. I figured out that since I was a little girl I had been told that the parts that made me different from males also made me special, and I had a primal fear that when those were gone that "specialness" would be too. I think it's pretty hard to avoid that fear altogether because of the way we're conditioned as women, from the time we're old enough to uderstand that we are made differently from boys and men. What I finally came to understand is that what makes me a woman is so much more than a set of organs. I have a heart, mind, soul that is distinctly female and no surgery is ever going to take that away from me. Knowing that did a great deal to ease my mind about the surgery.

If you can try and accept that for a while you will be in unchartered emotional territory and it's going to take you a while to find your way. That's fine. Doin't expect too much of yourself! Every feeling you have is legitimate and you're entitled to it. And many women here have gone through them too, and can help you on your journey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2008, 10:30 AM
very emotional

Thank you thank you~

Thanks for making me feel that what I am feeling is very real. Of course just reading what you both have said has brought me to tears..... Thank you for your support and encouragement during this tough time in my life.

Hugs~

Sarah
Unread 02-09-2008, 07:04 PM
very emotional

Hey Sarah,

I wish I could give you a hug.
Who's to say what is normal? If you are feeling sad, anxious, confused, then that is what is "normal" for you and you are more than entitled to feel this way.

I am only three weeks post-op, and I can tell you with all my heart that the hardest part is the pre-op wait. While I'm not running marathons yet, if someone had told me three weeks ago that I'd be feeling as good as I do right now I'd think they were lying to me.

Sarah, a woman is not defined by an internal organ, but by all the things that make her special, loving and unique. When people think of the reasons they love you, I'm sure your uterus never comes to mind. You will come through this just fine, and the only difference in you when you wake up from surgery is that you will no longer be in pain. All that is being taken from you are the things that are hurting you. You wouldn't think twice about having a tooth pulled if it caused you constant toothaches, right? I know that it's not an accurate comparison, but the analogy holds true.

I'm still new to this myself, and I haven't garnered the wisdom and experience of many of the women on this board, but I am here if you need to "talk". Having these message boards in the days leading up to surgery were a Godsend to me - gather strength from us & before you know it you will be offering strength to someone else.

Hang in there & give yourself a break. Just think, this time next week this will all be behind you & you will have nothing but good things ahead of you!
Unread 02-09-2008, 08:31 PM
very emotional

Annie

Thank you so much. God brought me to this forum for a reason....sisters...you are inspiring me tonight. 3 weeks post op and you are doing alright...simply amazing to me. I am fearful of the pain I will be going through. This past October I had a large cyst on my ovary that had to be removed...painful. During recovery at home I began to hemorage (sp?) and ended up back in surgery. I had a hematoma half the size of my abdominal wall that had to be removed. The recovery was so painful. On monday the dr is going to go through that same incision (5inches long) and I am fearful that the pain will be the same....oh I am emotional. On top of all of that I am in the midst of a divorce..with a husband who is not supportive at all. (not emotionally anyway..) Maybe this is too much information..but it is what I am dealing with right at this moment while I am about to have a TAH with LSO. Uff Da.

Thanks to all of you for listening...

Nervous~
Sarah
Unread 02-09-2008, 09:00 PM
very emotional

Dear Sarah,

Remember the name you chose to use "trulyblessed". There are so many people on this site to support you - don't worry about someone who is not supportive at all... Let God guide you to people who will surround you with warmth, caring, sharing and lots of hugs!

I agree with Annie. You are perfectly normal just the way you are. You just need to have some bad parts removed. Those parts do not make you a friend, a woman, or a person. You will still be able to care, soothe, sympathize, empathize and love. And to receive the same.

I will be following you on Feb 12. I have wonderful support from my family and want to extend some of my peace to you. I hope this helps a little bit.
Unread 02-09-2008, 09:36 PM
very emotional

Hi Sarah

My goodness, no wonder you're feeling so teary. You've got an awful lot to deal with. The feelings of anxiety, fear, loss, and sadness are all so normal before surgery, and yours is compounded by mourning the end of your marriage. I'm sorry that you have to carry an extra helping of brussel sprouts on your life plate right now.

Hopefully the removal of the uterus that's causing you such trouble and the removal of the emotionally unsupportive husband will both be blessings in the end. Surround yourself with people who will support you and hold your hand as you journey down a new path. I'm praying for you that this new road brings you to wonderful places that give you peace and fulfillment.

Hang in there! The waiting is so stressful, but it's almost over and then you'll be able to deal with the prospect of healing and moving on.

Unread 02-09-2008, 10:00 PM
very emotional

Sharon

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I am completely blessed to be able to chat with you and others about my feelings. I know that God is going to use this experience in my life and help me to grow into who He intended me to be.....

Just going through it is hard.

I will be thinking of you as well. I will be looking forward to hearing how your recovery is going. I am glad that you have a wonderful support network around you. I have a wonderful family also...they are stuck with me...and I know will walk down this path with me.

Many Hugs to you!

Sarah
Unread 02-09-2008, 10:05 PM
very emotional

Tracy

Thank you thank you. I am looking forward to that road that brings me "peace and fulfillment" Right now I would say...BRING IT ON!!!

Hugs to you
Sarah

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register