Got the Mind-numbin' Belly Swellin' Post-op Blues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Beyond the Land of Hyster > Memorable Messages (Read Only)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Got the Mind-numbin' Belly Swellin' Post-op Blues Got the Mind-numbin' Belly Swellin' Post-op Blues

Unread 06-29-2002, 10:19 AM
Got the Mind-numbin' Belly Swellin' Post-op Blues

I am sooooo bored that I wrote a really corny song - see if you can relate (to the music of the Carpenters' Rainy Days and Mondays, which says alot right there!!)

Talkin' to my sisters
and feelin' low
Not even allowed to sit
None of my clothes seem to fit
Hangin' around
Don't even wanna polish my crown
Post-op days and dissolving sutures
always get me down.

It's actually not quite that bad - a little poetic license for effect! But I sure am looking forward to the New Woman's arrival any day now. I'm 25 days post-op, so please, sisters just tell me she's coming soon. The waiting was indeed the hardest part, but I gotta say, the boredom's a close second!

Cecee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2002, 10:34 AM

Before I logged on to hystersisters just now, I told my husband that I think I have "post surgery depression". This is only my second day home from the castle and I'm already so bored! I'm going to send hubby out to the store to get me some magazines. I just don't know what to do with myself!

I really loved your song. I can so relate!
Unread 06-29-2002, 02:01 PM
Hey Cecee,

That was really cute!

That new woman should be right around the corner. Week four was a pivitol week for me, the one when I started feeling more normal and better than I had in months.

Now, at a little over five weeks, I feel 95% back to normal! I can do almost anything that I used to do! (Except I think I overdid it when I went grocery shopping this afternoon, because now I've got bad swelly belly and achy cramps again. Guess I shouldn't have picked up two gallons of milk at the same time!)

It will get better!

s,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2002, 02:54 PM

Dear Cecee,

Loved the song! My DH and I just tried several times to sing it and unfortunately, we're both tone death so it came out a little funny but we got a good chuckle.

You must be very creative. Hang in there, a new you must be on the way soon!

Love, Lauren
Unread 06-29-2002, 03:16 PM

Hello Cecee,

I'm sorry datemate that you are so bored, we really need to rent a huge house with lots of servents for all us Princess's to share after surgery so that we can just hang out together and chat through the wee hours, play games and talk badly about our hubbies, like a big slumber party!

OKAY, OKAY, now you have inspired me with your wonderful song and I have one to add to our collection, it goes to the rhyme of Twinkle ,Twinkle, little star.

Tinkle, Tinkle, wipe and then.......I come right back to do it again.

How I'd love to get some sleep, .......If only I were counting sheep.

I go to bed at 2:00 and then.........at 4:00, I'm tinkling again.

Ohhh, Tinkle Queen I dont know who you are...but get the H... out of my house before I run you over with my car.

LOL. Sorry, I'm sure this song will give you some idea how bored I have been. Like always, I will see alot of you in chat around 1:00 in the morning.

Hope everyone is doing well

Dawn
Unread 06-29-2002, 05:56 PM

Dear Fellow Date Mates,
I too have the boredom blues. I'm close to tone deaf but manged the song and the tinkle poem. But don't make me laugh because it hurts my Tummy Tuck belly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really have to stop shopping online. I'm off work for the summer and no income and now the bills are going to start in another week!!!!!! Got a song for that one?

Boredom blues and Insomniacs meet in the chat room at 11pm nightly
TC
Unread 06-29-2002, 06:17 PM

Hi Cecee!

Great song!

I can surely relate to that time during recovery, when we're not quite feeling back to normal, and getting very bored and restless and frustrated.

All I can say is Hang in there, princesses! Keep your eye on the prize, and try to enjoy the downtime, because the busy, hectic, business-as-usual-life rolls around soon enough!

s
Unread 06-29-2002, 08:08 PM

CEECEE, I LOVE THE SONG AND I KNOW HOW YA FEEL. I AMMMMMM SOOOOOOO BORED TAKE CARE COLLEEN
Unread 06-29-2002, 09:23 PM

OK, OK I give up...I can't be soo creative, but I sure can relate, and it's only been two days that I've been home! My biggest problem is my achy breaky BACK ! And not being able to sleep! And to make matters even worse, my computer won't let me in the Chat room!
I may have to sneak back in to work in the middle of the night to get online!
Linda B
Unread 06-30-2002, 08:34 AM

Okay, TC - I took the challenge (to the music of For He's A Jolly Good Fellow)

She's a shoppin' princess
A cyber spendin' princess
But a very deserving princess
Which even Visa can't deny.

Cecee
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register