R U in Maine? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Maine

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

R U in Maine? R U in Maine?

Unread 05-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Question - R U in Maine? R U in Maine?

Seriously there is no one in Maine anywhere that is a member here?

talk about a
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2010, 02:07 AM
Re: R U in ME?

skryptkitty

The default for the Neighborhood forums is to show posts from the last month, only. If you alter that (at the bottom of the main Maine page) you'll be able to read threads as far back as you choose.

Hope this helps!

Unread 06-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Re: R U in Maine?

Hi I'm in Maine! I just became a member today. Soon to have a laparascopic supracervical hysterectomy (uterus only - hopefully). I haven't scheduled yet though. I'm just learning all about this stuff. I'm a bit scared but also looking forward to relief. Leslie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2010, 11:19 AM
R U in Maine?

[quote=skryptkitty;3192563]Seriously there is no one in Maine anywhere that is a member here?

talk about a[/QUOT
yes, I live in saco
Unread 06-12-2010, 08:12 PM

Hello Ladies : i am still learning my way around this site. it's wicked big and a bit much for me ... i have chronic pain so my attention span is quite short at times.

i live in Maine, up in Gray. i moved here from Portland.
my surgery is set for the 17th but i am having 2nd thoughts. i'm worried about pain. i am already on pain meds for not only endo pain but for a boat load of other issues. my surgeon made it clear he doesn't do pain management. i was okay with that cuz i assumed my pain dr would help me. but i just saw him and he wouldn't prescribe anything else. he said if i need to i can take a few extra of my usual meds. and that scares me!
then at my pre op i was told i should bring my meds from home just in case i decide i want (not need) to spend the night! what? are they kidding? every single Lap i have ever had i have always been told i had to spend at least one if not two nights. and... it was against their rules to bring meds from home.
arg, i hope it's okay for me to vent about this on this thread.any way, i would love to chat with other ladies from Maine.
take care and be well
Unread 06-12-2010, 08:24 PM

hello :

yup, i am in maine. i thought i wrote a reply to this. hmm this place is so big ... lol .. i just dunno - i'm sure what i worte is around here someplace and that's why i don't have a clue yet but i'm learning. heehee

i'd love to hear from other Mainers
Unread 06-12-2010, 08:34 PM

oh my gosh, i see my 1st post above my 2nd post now ... Darrr! wow, how did i miss that?? lol ... uhhg i'm just gonna claim that it's pre surgical numbness ... lol
Unread 06-13-2010, 04:30 PM
R U in Maine?

I don't know my way around the site too well either! Lol I was diagnosed w/ endo & 3 uterine fibroids back in feb due to major pain & my dr sent me for an ultrasound & that's when things were found. I'm starting to get nervous but I'm confident that when all is said & done I will be very happy. The pain causes me to take hydrocodone every day.
Unread 06-14-2010, 04:58 AM

cbeaupre

It's great to have you join us!

If you've not already done so, please check out our <link> Pre-Op Support Forum where you'll find all the other ladies awaiting surgery, and feel free to start a new thread there if you have any concerns. (To start a new thread, just click on the "New Topic" button which is located at the top and bottom left of that forum’s main page, or by clicking HERE). We also have a Pre-Op Page which is packed with information, too. Also, don't hesitate to visit our Endometriosis Support Forum where you’ll have the best chance of support for any endo-specific concerns.

When you have a moment, it would be very helpful if you could tell us a little more by completing your Member Survey. This includes information such as which hysterectomy type/procedure you're having and whether or not you're keeping your ovaries, etc. You can do that by clicking HERE.

We look forward to seeing you over on the hysterectomy support boards and hope you'll enjoy social, non-surgery chatter and friendships here in Neighborhoods!

Unread 06-21-2010, 06:44 PM

Hi i'm in northern Maine and have just joined. No surgery scheduled yet. Still trying to find a doctor who understands Lynch Syndrome. Would love to hear from anyone in Maine with Lynch.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register