How old were you when you had your hysterectomy? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > The Polling and Petition Place

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
View Poll Results: How old were you when you had your hyst?
18-25 52 4.27%
26-30 119 9.76%
31-39 406 33.31%
40-49 510 41.84%
50-59 116 9.52%
over 60 16 1.31%
Voters: 1219. You may not vote on this poll

How old were you when you had your hysterectomy? How old were you when you had your hysterectomy?

Unread 12-23-2001, 11:08 PM
How old were you when you had your hysterectomy?

I'm 44 and having my hyst on Jan 11, 2002.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2001, 04:13 AM
Cool - How old were you when you had your hysterectomy? How old were you when you had your hysterectomy?

I am 26 and had the hyst last week.
Unread 01-05-2002, 10:54 PM
Wink - How old were you when you had your hysterectomy? How old were you when you had your hysterectomy?

42, hard-working single mom of a high-maintenance 12-year-old (tho I'm to be married in June to a GREAT guy). I'm at 9 days post-op. I had a supracervical abdominal hyst (SAH) with a 3-inch incision.

Still have swelly belly, fatigue, and pain in late afternoon, but I have no regrets.

Am VERY excited about never having a period again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2002, 02:00 PM

Went in to have a baby came out with a TAH/ RSO. Due to hemmoraging after a vaginal birth. 20 liter blood tranfusion, intubation tube, levine tube, central line, and cut down on my ankle (to get the blood in fast enough), one baby and minus a uterus and ovary. FUN!!!!??????
Unread 02-05-2002, 05:43 PM

I had a TVH (kept ovaries) and am feeling better and better everyday! I wish I had done it when I was 32 instead of tying my tubes. I can't believe how much better I feel... no more constant cramping and spotting! Didn't realize how bad I had been feeling.
Unread 02-17-2002, 06:35 PM

Well, I was not quite 32 when I had my consultaion with the surgeon...my mom came with me, and we were waiting in the office when the Dr. came in...he shook my mom's hand, introduced himself to her, and started to discuss the procedure with her. She kind of gestured to me--he was like, who's THAT? See, my mom is in her early fifties...he never gave me a second glance! I thought it was kind of funny, actually...
Unread 02-22-2002, 11:55 AM

I was 45 when I had my TAH. Best thing I finally did. When I told my doctor I had had it with the pain and the bleeding, she said "That's what I been waiting for you to say." If I had known that I would have said it sooner. LOL
Unread 02-23-2002, 12:02 PM

Hyst at age 35 for fibroids, adeno, long painful periods

's
Unread 02-26-2002, 05:28 PM

34 years old. TAH BSO on 2/6/02. Still second guessing my decision. Anything seemed better the 2 weeks of pain per month. From reading these boards I am counting on feeling more confident in a month or two.
Unread 02-26-2002, 10:35 PM

I was 35 when I had a myomectomy... I will be 39 when I have my hysterectomy on March 20...And I too am very surprised to see how many young women are having/had hysterectomies...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register