73 yrs. Old and scared Silly! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

73 yrs. Old and scared Silly! 73 yrs. Old and scared Silly!

Unread 02-24-2008, 08:52 AM
73 yrs. Old and scared Silly!

I'm thankful I've found this board and have been reading thru the threads .

Last week, MRI found large Pelvic mass in the Adnexal region.

I am schedualled for a Pelvic OS and Trans-Vaginal OS on Monday (Feb. 25th)

I need surgery to remove the mass, ASAP, and the surgery will include a total Hysterectomy.

If the mass is benign , I would like to have a TT at the same time!

Am I crazy to evern thik about a TT at my age along with the TH surgery?

My Internist says I shouldn't do it as it will add time to the surgery & will perhaps add complications - bleeding, infection etc ??? I have spoken with the Plastic Surgeon - he says he does it all the time - but hey - it's a big fee for him and he not the one that will hurt.

I am in good health otherwise and am really motivated to get rid of my 'apron' from childbirth....but also scared silly abut the time needed to get back to 'standing up straight' without pain from the TT??

Thanks for your support and advice......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2008, 09:13 AM

You certainly have a lot going on. To be honest, I'm not pro-plastic surgery at all. The TAH made me realize that I never want to have any operation that isn't absolutely necessary to save my life or keep me from being non-functional. I'm dreading the thought that I may have to have surgery for my herniated discs if they continue to decay. You also have to consider what the "swelly belly" issue will do to any tummy tuck you get. I'd hate for the SB problem to negate the plastic surgery, but I have to confess that I don't know if that would occur. If you really feel that you want the TT then I suppose it's best to do it at the same time as the rest rather than separately, but could you get along without it?
Just my

Here's to a great recovery no matter what your decision!
Unread 02-24-2008, 09:20 AM

I think that I have read on here where other ladies have had both hysterectomy and tummy tuck at the same time. I personally have no frame of reference for it, but wanted to wish you well.

Blessings on you ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2008, 02:16 PM

if you are in good health, i think a tummy tuck is a great idea i had a mini tt/scar revision after my third pregnancy and i absolutely love the results.
Unread 02-24-2008, 02:48 PM

No way are you too "old" to be thinking about a TT!!! The way I figure, if you're thinking about it........then you aren't too old hehe. I would be wary about the fact that the dr will be making alot of extra money on the operation, and that the internist said it wasn't a great idea. However, the doctor normally tries to protect their license, and wouldn't likely perform a surgery that they didn't believe was safe. After all, they have likely done it lots of times. Good luck in whatever you decide!!
Unread 02-24-2008, 03:05 PM

you go girl.
if you get the ok from Dr's, and you feel like taken that apron off... you deserve too..i am waiting to see if insurance will cover mine..if they do. i want it.. i also am concerned with recovery and if having TT will make a difference. honestly if there is a way that i can get rid of this apron i wear i am all for it... so sick of the way clothes fit and look. i am not the kind of person that needs to look thin or beautiful, however i just want this apron off my body...73 yrs young god bless.. wishing you the best of luck...
Unread 02-24-2008, 05:54 PM

Hi Google grandma
I admire your spirit and I pray that your surgery will be straight forward and for a benign cause. If you find that things are benign and you are in good health now, and the doc says okay, then why not take that apron off!, best of luck, I will pray for you.
Unread 02-24-2008, 06:56 PM

I love your enthusiasm GoogleGrammy!

If you could have a TAH and could do the TT at same time, with same incision - go for it! I have had a tummy tuck (combined with another surgery) - and I have never been unhappy with it - and 13 years later - it is still flat!

I'll pray that your tests show benign mass and all goes well with surgery.

Unread 02-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Hooray for the support!

OK - I'm for it IF the doctor says OK & that the extra time of the operation will be OK for me. - (2nd opinon on Tues. 2/26) and of course only if the mass is benign!

I hope 2nd Dr. will scheduale surgery right away (I didn't like the 1st Dr. I saw) - I'm nervous waiting!

Tomorrow I'm going in for Ultra-sound (Trans-Vaginal & Pelvic - it might give a better % idea if the Mass is benign than the MRI??

I still need to scheduale my Stress Test so the Cardiologist will sign off for the surgery.....

I guess I'll know right away if it's cancer or not if I wake up and my stomach is flat! LOL!

Spoke to friends and they said the AH was awful painful - worse than the pain from the TT - so, I guess "in for a penny, in for a pound' (or rather 'off with about 8 lbs.' I think!!)

I'm going to speak to the Dr. about the pain relief 'implants' I read about on these boards - sounds like a great idea for the first 5-6 days!

All my kids are screaming at me - but I'm up for the TT.....can't wait to see what my 82 yrs. old hubby will do with my 'Playboy' figure!! Ha, Ha (He had Prostate Cancer Radiation this summer - it was caught very early - stage 1 -and he is/will be fine - Dr. says 15 yrs. - I'll settle for that for him and for me too!!

If all goes well............I just might go for a Breast Lift next year! LOL!

Thanks to all for the good thoughts - I'll keep in touch.....
Unread 02-24-2008, 07:47 PM

I say- go for it !!
You sound AMAZING and I look forward to seeing your posts
(hugs)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register