Scheduled TAH Reality is setting in | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Reality is setting in Reality is setting in

Unread 09-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Reality is setting in

I am 20 days out from my surgery and I woke up this morning to the realization that the very organ that nurtured my children in my body is going to be gone soon. I think it is easy to pass it off as just a ordinary body part but when you really think about it you realize that this is my miracle bag. I carried life in this thing and I am feeling a bit sad that it has to go. Are these emotions normal? I really didn't think I had an attachment to it but the closer I get the more I feel like I should have a moment of silence for my baby bag. I actually cried today thinking about the beautiful children this organ has given my husband and myself.....I feel like a hot mess right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2014, 03:09 PM
Re: Reality is setting in

I think it is normal to feel that way. My surgery is on Monday the 15. But back when my problems first began, I was reluctant to do anything because of the thought of never being able to be pregnant again. The funny thing is I never wanted anymore children either. There was just something about the fact that someone else was taking that option from me. It made me sad and depressed. But now that my surgery is closer and I am in constant pain, I'm ready to get it out and move on.
So pay homage to your special uterus for helping you grow your babies. It's okay to feel sad and nostalgic about it. Hugs!
Unread 09-10-2014, 03:14 PM

Well...I never had children. Never wanted to. However, I also found myself getting quite emotional about the loss of this extraordinary body part. I was all over the place...from feeling like it was revolting against me for not using it for what it was meant for, to irrationally considering a life change and having a baby right quick! I'm 43 yrs old.
Those feelings passed but every time I get anxious about the surgery they come back a little. It's helped me to think of it as pre-surgery jitters. That seems to ease the grief.
I realize it's a totally different perspective, but I think your emotions are totally normal.
Have that moment of silence. Then have a few more if you need to.
Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2014, 03:16 PM

Sarah said it very well. Yes,what you are feeling is very normal.

Chris
Unread 09-10-2014, 03:35 PM

I am so glad to read your words...Thank you! I don't want anymore children 4 teenagers is enough for me I am not an emotional person but for some reason that is the thought I woke up with today. For years I have cursed this organ that has revolted against me never really appreciating its abilities. It has caused me numerous visits to the ER to be poked, prodded, and catheterized. The kidney and bladder issues it has caused made me swear like a sailor and the daily pain I have gotten used to made me forget this is part of my body that is amazing. My gf are planning a bon voyage party for it complete with red velvet cake and bloody mary's I know this is the best course of action, however, I will mourn it. Ok, time to put away the baby pictures and start planning my life around my family instead of planning my life around my symptoms.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register