'Heavy' Question about Hysterectomy? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

'Heavy' Question about Hysterectomy? 'Heavy' Question about Hysterectomy?

Unread 04-29-2004, 07:46 AM
'Heavy' Question about Hysterectomy?

I hear you people!

I am happy I had my surgery, but I always wished there was a pill I could swallow that would make my uterus shrivel up and fall out.

All we go through, and then we have to deal with inequality to boot (though not as bad as some places on earth), we should be on pedestals.

And as for the main subject of this post, let me say this. Women are the glue that have held society together. With men only, or mostly men, we would have been extinct eons ago. We should all go forth, whether we have our female organs or not, have had children or not, and foster a female-way-of-thinking society, because the male dominated one isn't working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2004, 11:00 AM
exuse me?

"cronehood"??????
I do not think I am a crone at 50, nor will I be a crone at 99. I do not choose to think of this surgery as the end of something, but the start of something. I healthy new life for myself, which I will spend hiking the world over, thanks to "the guy with the knife"
I am a happy, healthy (now) strong woman who can take anything that life dishes out, and I don't need parts of my insides to make me this way. I am sorry you have the wrong opinion of age, but I don't see being a mature woman without some of my insides makes me a crone.
God Bless
P
Unread 04-29-2004, 12:54 PM
3 hours before Castle

Well it's 3 hours before leaving for the castle!
I'm feeling at peace - empty and complete
I've had ten days to prepare for this surgery and it's been a whirlwind
I can't imagine what it would be like to know that I was having surgery and to be a LIW for a month or even more
I take a bow to you Ladies in Waiting
I'm sure that my relationship with DH would be challenged!
(it already has been of course)

For the last 5 years I've been 'driving' against the possibility of having a hysterectomy
You see they were 'my reproductive organs' and no one was going to take them away from me

Over the last 10 days - I've lived with everpresent FEAR
There have been other emotions present as well
And I've allowed each of them to arise and come fully into my awareness
Gee - we're big girls now - we're off to have hysterectomies - yep now I can say that 'H' word
It's no longer time to stuff down our emotions in any way
So I've met Fear, Anger, Rage, Grief, Loss, Powerlessness, Fear of Dependance on others and a host of other emotions

This morning just as I go into castle I'm present to a gentle pit of anticipation in my reproductive centre
Forgiveness has come up today!
I now forgive everybody that has ever hurt me and most of all I FORGIVE MYSELF!!!

Each of us hold within us the gift of the 'Eternal feminine'
Each of us holds within us the 'expression of all life'
Each of us holds within us the 'warm, tender, gentle embrace of love'

Until we all meet again
Happychick
xxx
Unread 04-29-2004, 03:14 PM

Happychick, hope it all goes well for you.

The diagnosis for hysterectomy was a big surprise (I'm sure my face showed it when I came out to meet my husband). Two small fibroids had grown into 1 grapefruit, 2 plums and had asked 2 more plums and a little guy to move in ...

No pain, no anguish, no bleeding prior. But the speed of the growth of my intruders made the surgery decision a quick one.

At 51, I'm not a crone. I'm a baby-doll!
Unread 04-29-2004, 06:13 PM

Happy chick, I hope everything goes smooth and easy for you, i cant say dont be nervous it will be alright, i heard that so many times before entering the castle and hearing those words only made me more nervous..we all have made it through some with complications some without, Keep thinking positive through out this whole adventure and you will get through all the hurdles...

special pray for you tonight sister...

write us when you return....
Unread 04-29-2004, 07:20 PM

I have read this discussion with much interest. I have to agree with Tijunkie when she said that women are the glue that holds society together. I think women are the caretakers of the souls on this earth. We are all maiden, mother & crone. You don't leave one to become another. I have seen wise old eyes in the faces of my young daughters. And I have seen the look of a maiden in that first flush of love on my grandmother's face when she saw my grandpa across the room. We all at some point or another reflect some aspect of the female trinity.
I hope future generations will not have to have hysterectomies. I hope a way is found to simply be healed.
But for now I am grateful that we have the procedures to make us strong & healthy again. And I hope that everyday I look upon this world with the joy of the maiden, the caring of the mother and the wisdom of the crone.

Here's to us! Ain't we grand!

Votelady
Unread 04-29-2004, 09:50 PM

loved your post, happychick--and I have often thought of my BSO--which wsa quite unexpected--not as surgical menopause, or instant menopause, but as a hurried induction into cronehood. Celebrate women's wisdom! Someone needed mine, so I had to take on the crone mantle, and quickly!

I hope your surgery and recovery are successful! Blessed be.....

Valarie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register