Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 02-Aug 08,2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 02-Aug 08,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 02-Aug 08,2021

Unread 08-02-2021, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 02-Aug 08,2021

If your hysterectomy was between Aug 02-Aug 08,2021 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2021, 07:24 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 02-Aug 08,2021

Welcome, This is your Recovery Thread, where you’ll be able to share your progress and meet other sisters who are recovering along with you. This is a safe environment where you should feel comfortable to ask questions, voice your concerns or even vent your frustrations. Truly a place without judgement, only loving support by others sisters and knowing that you are not alone.

I have the privilege to walk alongside you in your healing journey as your caring sister. I will offer guidance, share my own experiences and tips, point you to others resources, and remind you that with time you will feel better. I am not a medical provider, so if at anytime you are overly concerned as you know your body best, please check in with your doctor.
Healing should be your main focus! This was major surgery and healing takes place both inside & outside. Don’t be surprised if you experience things both emotionally and physically in the weeks to come. This process is different for everyone, learned to be patient and listen to your own body is key to helping to heal.

So here is some sisterly advice:
• Follow your doctor’s orders/restrictions
• Time to lean on others for help, the priority is YOU
• Get plenty of rest (your sleep maybe intermittent so nap when you are tired)
• Drink lots of water, seriously lots! (you want to pee out the anesthesia drugs)
• Take your meds as directed (don’t be a warrior in pain)
• No lifting, pushing, pulling, or bending (ask for help)
• Walk a little each day as you are able (trips to bathroom might be your start)

I changed my life on 11/8/2018 when I had my own hysterectomy. After trying everything and many years of issues with Endometriosis, failed Ablation which left my uterus full of pockets of scar tissue and a diagnosis of Adenomyosis, I finally ended the cycle of my pain and heavy bleeding and opened a new chapter in my life, one with better quality. Personally, my own HysterSister recovery thread was a lifesaver! Knowing I was part of a group of sisters that knew exactly what I was going thru and offered suggestions/support was a true blessing in my healing journey. This is why I wanted to pay it forward, by volunteering to be here to help you. I am looking forward to hearing from all, when you are ready to post. Feel free to post a message anytime, we maybe from different time zones here. For example: I am in New Hampshire, USA and on Eastern Standard Time, and I will typically respond to posts in the evenings after my work day.

Use the when you first post and introduce yourself to the group, tell us alittle about who you are and how you are doing. Oh also, I am amazed how far and wide this website reaches so let us know what state or country you are from too.

Take Care
Unread 08-03-2021, 11:38 AM

Hi all, it's Annie
I had my total hysterectomy, tubes and ovaries removed on Monday the 2nd of August in New Zealand where I live.
I went in expecting laparoscopic procedure but it was converted to abdominal in theatre! So I have all the holes and a cut! Reason given everything was bigger than expected. Tangerine sized fibroids and uterus size of a canteloup melon. Also a cyst on one ovary. All in all, I can see now why I was in so much trouble. You always think perhaps you're just making a fuss, but with all that lot, no wonder I was miserable.
I'm still in hospital day 3 today. Immediately after surgery and for the next day really had difficulty getting pain under control. I reacted badly to the heavy stuff, they tried ketamin, fentanyl and morphine but it dropped my blood pressure and suppressed my breathing, it was frightening there for a while!
20 hours post op I had my catheter removed and got up for the first time. So yesterday was mainly about many excruciating trips to the toilet! But then I had a reasonable night sleep and everything feels better this morning!
No bowel movement yet, but I can feel gas passing so it's all 'waking up' down there.
Drinking masses of water.
I feel no surgical menopause symptoms yet, (I'm 44) not sure what to expect on that front.
I am thinking of all you ladies in surgery this week, I've been reading your posts xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2021, 05:42 AM
Healing Day 1

Yesterday was surgery day for me. I have been anxious to get this done for 3 weeks and especially anxious when I had a date of surgery 8/4.

I woke-up crying and in some remarkable pain with pressure. I asked them to manage my pain as I could not rest. When I did manage to fall asleep I would have the most disturbing dreams. 3.5 hours later with pain management I was doing better! And finally peed (I had the sensation to pee right after I woke up. But I was so numb, I couldn't).

I am a recovering addict and alcoholic (I'm coming up on 7 years) and I am grateful Dr. Rushing is treating me like a "normal" person and provided some pain meds. I am a firm believer of managing pain, and am following the doctors order of staggering between Advil, Tylenol and Oxycodone. Those 3 combinations are wonderful! Pain meds help the healing process (my body doesn't have to be in pain and I can rest)!

I'm off to rest now!

I have been resting and did sleep for 5 hours solid. I think all the napping could be the reason for less hours of sleep through the night. I have not had any hot flashes thus far but am pretty emotional.

I have also asked my lady friends to help with cleaning house and vacuuming. You have to ask for help!

I'll check in later!

:new:
Unread 08-05-2021, 01:11 PM

Hi all, it's Annie. It's day 5 and I am home! All is going well.
Got home yesterday and had a restless first night. I had to reposition myself every hour or so and just couldn't get comfortable. My hospital bed was like a cloud and I'm missing all the electric controls! My duvet was too heavy to move and I kept getting tangled and I was both hot and cold at various times! Hope it gets better.
Other than that, I feel great in myself. Extremely relieved and lighter somehow.
I did have a bowel movement in hospital yesterday, which was not exactly normal, but no pain or straining. They have me three doses of lactose and some pills to get things going. Passing urine fine.
When I got home I showed my husband my scar...he'll never be the same again

PS A huge area of my tummy in completely numb. My scar is low but I'm numb from below belly button to below the scar and all the way across. Really hoping some feeling well come back as it feels quite odd.
Unread 08-05-2021, 07:42 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 02-Aug 08,2021

Welcome Ladies, so glad you checked in here and let us know how you are doing.

Difficultperiod: Annie you said it, funny what we put up with, it is amazing when we hear all that is taken out. I will never forget when my doctor told what she removed, I cried! it was such a relief to have it out and very validating of the years of issues that I put up with was not a fuss or all in my head! When you say you are lighter I bet you are! I woke in the hospital already feeling better then before surgery. That is saying a lot. Numbness around sutures is common, in time it should be better as healing happens.

12Tiffany21:
Congrats for your 7 years and good for you to be realistic to manage your pain. Sleep disruption is common my advice is to sleep when tired no matter what time it is. Your body needs extra rest during recovery.

So no matter if you kept your ovaries or are in menopause, during recovery it is common to have all kind of hormonal imbalance symptoms. We call it the hormone rollercoaster and will affect you mentally, emotionally as well as physically. It will happen until your bodies system comes out of shock from surgery and is able to balance. hang on ladies it will get better, but takes time and everything in recovery does. Here is the time to work with your body to help it heal the best it can.

Will check back in as more ladies chime in and let us know how they are doing.
Sending you both gentle healing hugs
Unread 08-06-2021, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunesky View Post
Welcome Ladies, so glad you checked in here and let us know how you are doing.

Difficultperiod: Annie you said it, funny what we put up with, it is amazing when we hear all that is taken out. I will never forget when my doctor told what she removed, I cried! it was such a relief to have it out and very validating of the years of issues that I put up with was not a fuss or all in my head! When you say you are lighter I bet you are! I woke in the hospital already feeling better then before surgery. That is saying a lot. Numbness around sutures is common, in time it should be better as healing happens.

12Tiffany21:
Congrats for your 7 years and good for you to be realistic to manage your pain. Sleep disruption is common my advice is to sleep when tired no matter what time it is. Your body needs extra rest during recovery.

So no matter if you kept your ovaries or are in menopause, during recovery it is common to have all kind of hormonal imbalance symptoms. We call it the hormone rollercoaster and will affect you mentally, emotionally as well as physically. It will happen until your bodies system comes out of shock from surgery and is able to balance. hang on ladies it will get better, but takes time and everything in recovery does. Here is the time to work with your body to help it heal the best it can.

Will check back in as more ladies chime in and let us know how they are doing.
Sending you both gentle healing hugs

Thank you! 12Tiffany21
Unread 08-06-2021, 07:06 AM
Healing Day 3

Yesterday (Day 2) was rough, due to gas being trapped under my rib cage. My upper back frontal ribcage and right shoulder was remarkably painful. It made it difficult to rest.

Today ( Day 3), I woke up at 4am. I woke up nauseous. Just feeling a little "icky" this am. I have nibbled on a banana so I can take my pain medication (Advil, Tylenol, and oxycodone).

The numbing is wearing off in my abdomen. I have started passing gas. I crave fruits and veggies. I drink lots of water and a little juice.

But, super tired at times. I do take cat naps all throughout the day.
Unread 08-06-2021, 11:00 AM
Re: Healing Day 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Tiffany21 View Post
Yesterday (Day 2) was rough, due to gas being trapped under my rib cage. My upper back frontal ribcage and right shoulder was remarkably painful. It made it difficult to rest.

Today ( Day 3), I woke up at 4am. I woke up nauseous. Just feeling a little "icky" this am. I have nibbled on a banana so I can take my pain medication (Advil, Tylenol, and oxycodone).

The numbing is wearing off in my abdomen. I have started passing gas. I crave fruits and veggies. I drink lots of water and a little juice.

But, super tired at times. I do take cat naps all throughout the day.
Try Gas-x for trapped gas works for all over body. I found it a lifesaver as well as pushing the fluids. Good luck. Glad to hear numbness is wearing off.
Unread 08-06-2021, 01:01 PM

Day 2 Doing ok but overdid yesterday. Worst is trying to get comfortable.

Lots of gas and BMs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register