Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-17-2007, 08:50 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Pre Surgery thought I would definetly need 8 weeks and am cool at work for it but how well I'm coming along can almost guarantee dr. will go with 6 weeks...only thing that might save me is I have a very physical job so we'll see...sure I will go back with lifting restrictions which is no problem with the other 2 girls but trying to figure time wise, my 2 high schoolers start back August 21 (early I know) and if I calculated it correctly I'd at least have til then with them at the 6 week limit...don't think he's type dr. that would allow before 6 weeks...Thursday prolly won't be able to tell yet but Thurs. I make my 4 week appointment!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2007, 08:52 AM

If not too personal, what's everyone do for a living?
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:13 AM

I'm an accounting clerk. Wow, I can't believe how long some of you have to take off of work!! I'm planning on going back the 30th. (3 weeks total). But all I do is sit on my ***** all day anyways I think the hardest part will be not getting my afternoon nap. And having to get up early! I slept till 9:45 this morning! Crazy!!
Does anyone else sweat all the time? It's crazy. I've never sweated so much in my life. I'm hoping it's the anesthia (wow, I can't spell) wearing off and not hot flashes. I was able to keep my right ovary so .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Do for a living

I am a salon manager. No sitting for me! Dr. has me off for 6 weeks and I am taking 8 due to all the running and on your feet/lifting with inventory.

As far as HOT the hot flashes are terrible. I just need to take one symptome down at a time and then decide on estrogen.
Unread 07-17-2007, 10:15 AM

I am a Development Coordinator for a non-profit which provides services for people with developmental disabilities. Not great pay but work with great people.
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:01 AM

I teach ESL at a local community/technical college. I ALWAYS work summers, too. I teach and teach. I am a single mom and single daughter is a single mom of granddaughter and so I'm always trying to keep the kids/grandkid afloat. My work is part of my life. It's been hard giving it up so quickly when the decision came down about the hysterectomy CIN3/CIS diagnosis. When I went for a meeting yesterday that was super important for me to go to the students were all over me..........a co-worker who just started back in a clerical position at my college after her June 4 TVH wrote that she could NEVER have gone back for a mtg and told me to STAY HOME. She just started back this week....had a full 6 weeks off or is that 7? She says she had bladder problems after her surgery and still isn't 100%. You are all sheroes in my eyes............E.
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:04 AM

Interesting work everyone!

While taking shower thought of a few more topics:

How long were you all in the recovery room?
I was in nearly 4 hours...no problems I knew of that held me there that long they just kept saying my room wasn't ready? I thought recovery room was bout an hour? Toward the end of the 4 hours the whole recovery room had cleared out it looked like everyone was leaving to go home...maybe my imagination I know but I was in no pain and although they kept coming to check on me no extra commotion was going on with me...dh and family members one at a time came and went and were happy cause believe you me I would be able to tell concern on their faces? Hmmmmm!

Who remembers their last thought before being put out?
Mine was "wait wait I'm not out yet"LOL Again I had that feeling no one was listening LOL

To those of you who have had both ovaries out (I did) was you already in menopause or not...As far as I know I was not...never have experienced a hot flash at least...They put a patch on the the very next morning and dr. talked briefly with me upon release asking me what type estrogen I wanted, I said I'll probably be bad about doing any of it so lets go cheapest/easiest to deal withLOL! I ended up wanting pill form plus I have to take 1,200 Calcium a day...so signs of feeling any different yet...haven't even begun to research any of that yet! Think I'm gonna leave well enough alone till something feels different! Anyone have opinions of this?

Wow you know what, I have entirely way too much time on my hands...I think I get all this stuff done/thought out in my head etc etc etc and only maybe a 1/2hour has pastOMG...Good thing you are all here going thru the same!
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:06 AM

I am a Media Technician, dr said I could go back after 2 weeks and be completely back to the gym and everything at 6 weeks. I said "Yea, do I LOOK like I go to the gym?" He even told me when I left the hospital that I could go into the pool and jacuzzi. That would have been a funny sight for sure!
Anyway, I do alot of walking and moving stuff but I believe I will be having a helper do that stuff.
Told dh this morning that with all of the sitting I've been doing my leg should be killing me but I have no pain. If the surgery didn't accomplish any more than that it was worth it. My uterus was prolapsed and pressing against a nerve. I feel much better today after BM yesterday and some swelling going down. Lost 3 lbs of the swelly belly!!
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:10 AM

This is a cool thread. I was 'out' for a good 5.5 hours. I feel violated in a sense. I have marks and tape marks all over my body a good week later and my legs are sore from being placed this way and that.......I read all about what happens and never got to experience a thing.

They put me 'out' in the preop/waiting tank room. My last words to them that I remember were:
Anesthesiologist: I'm going to give you some happy medicine.
ME: Wow, this is stonger than the colonoscopy medicine but at least the room isn't going 'round and 'round. That was it. It was approx. 8:30 a.m. in the 'holding tank' and my surgery was scheduled for 9, started 9:30, ended 10:30 and I did not look at a clock and register time until 2 p.m. that afternoon..........extreme nausea....extreme.

What a cool strand. Thanks for sharing/starting it.............E.
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Home from the Castle

Hi everyone!
My surgery was friday morning, it was pretty uneventful. Took uterus and cervix, got to keep both ovaries.
Was home by 10am Sunday. So far so good..Thanks for the warnings about the gas...had the meds handy for that..Had my first BM post op yesterday, and honestly I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA PASS OUT it hurt so bad!! and it was very soft..I don't knowwhat caused the pain, and haven't had it since....but MAN OH MAN! WHEW...that was the worst yet!
Haven't yet had the mood swings, but am having alot of problems getting any sleep, well for more than two hrs at a time...even when I take an ambien. Any ideas for this one?
I've been doing some walking everyday...but not near as far as some as the other ladies, but i'll work myselfback up.
Talk to you soon.
lynn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register