Bowel prep humor? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel prep humor? Bowel prep humor?

Unread 01-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Bowel prep humor?

Hi,

So I'm doing bowel prep today for surgery tomorrow. Anybody got any good "bathroom humor" tucked away for bowel prep day? I'm feeling a bit lightheaded, so I'm an easy target. I'm sure I'd laugh at just about anything.

Teresa
Surgery Jan 7. Cystectomy, possibly myomectomy, with slight chance of cancer surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Bowel prep humor?

there is a post in chatter you might find worth a giggle....

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=124118

best wishes for your surgery and recovery!!!
Unread 01-06-2004, 06:17 PM
Bowel prep humor?

Okay, I read the humorous thread about bowel prep, and I laughed so hard my kids came running to see what was so funny.

My daughter kept saying it wasn't funny, the poor woman cracked her head, but she was laughing so hard as she said it, it wasn't very convincing!

My pre-op appt is next week - I can't wait to find out if I have to deal with the bowel prep. ;-)

Sousette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Bowel prep humor?

You don't always have to have bowel prep, but if you do, IT IS FUN! If you're anything like me, you'll drink cherry juice and raspberry jello, and you'll be pooping koolaid by 2:00pm.

Off to take my last dose of "medicine".

Teresa
Unread 01-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Bowel prep humor?

Good Luck Theresa, I'll be doing the happy bowel prep in just 13 short days. Did you get the Mag Citrate or the Golytely or some other fun thing?
Unread 01-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Bowel prep humor?

Well, met with Dr yesterday and he said I had to do the enema but not the drink...but the preop people said that I will have less gas if I do drink the vile, nasty stuff.
Why...
The bowel doesn't digest while under and any food stuff in t he system will start to ferment causing the gas... So, the cleaner you are, the less gas theoretically you will get...
Personally, I think it is just a way to make people suffer and the preop team are all evil aliens...ha ha ah
Unread 01-06-2004, 07:21 PM
Bowel prep humor?

Hi Who Me?

Mine regimen is 3 oz of Fleet Phospho-Soda and 4 Dulcolax tablets.

I took 1.5 oz of Fleet at 12:00 and another 1.5 oz of Fleet and the 4 Dulcolax at 5:00.
Unread 01-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Bowel prep humor?

I gotta say, with my myomectomy three years ago I had to drink the magnesium citrate stuff - a full bottle of it - and if it made a difference with the gas I'd HATE to see what it would've been like. I blew up like a balloon about 24 hours later and I was some kind of miserable. I'm planning to just follow my doctor's directions again this time, but I am planning on slacking off on food a day earlier - maybe do a liquid diet the day before or something. My pre-op is tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how things have changed in only three years....so far, nothing that I've heard is really different.
Unread 01-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Bowel prep humor?

You might want to talk to the doc about the gas. I've been taking tagamet today because the acidic juice upsets my stomach. If I hadn't taken the tagamet, I'm sure I would have been full of gas.

Strangely enough, I'm pretty hungry, but I actually feel good. I might try and do a day-long liquid diet every once in awhile...but leave off the laxatives

Just hope my fuzzy brain remembers all the things I need for surgery tomorrow!

Take Care
Teresa
Unread 01-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Bowel prep humor?

Hey Teresa.

You may already be at the castle. You are in my thoughts today.

I just read your note about doing a liquid fast every once in a while. I have several friends who do this fast for about twelve days twice a year. It is supposed to do wonders for your body, but I could never do it. It is called the lemonade fast and there is tons of info on it online. They just drink this lemonade made out of lemons, cayenne, and maple syrup. Some people also drink a colonic tea, I think. Supposedly, the maple syrup has plenty of nutrients, but I'm not so sure. It would have to be a personal decision after a lot of research.

Definitely not something to do post-op which is what you will be when you get back! :-)

Nicole

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register