Will the pre menstral pain go away? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will the pre menstral pain go away? Will the pre menstral pain go away?

Unread 11-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Will the pre menstral pain go away?

Hi ladies, I am having my hysterectomy (cervix and uterus) next Wednesday. I'm due for my period the day after, so my discomfort levels are starting to climb now.

Will that pain low in my belly go away after the hyst as well? The pain that sort of feels like something is pressing down on my cervix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Re: Will the pre menstral pain go away?

Thats a good question Mischief. I wondered about, because Im keeping my overies, will I still get that pain in them when I ovulate! Do I ovulate... I feel the need to do a bit of research. I see you are in the same day as me... wishing you all the best... xoxo
Unread 11-07-2012, 05:44 PM

Not sure I have really thought about that since have been dealing with other issues since my surgery, but haven't had that pain, really any PMS type pain since my surgery now that you say that. Have been having some lower right ab muscle pain yet again, but they think they irritated a muscle during surgery and it is in the same area that I was having issues shortly after surgery so thinking I re-irritated it. Haven't noticed any of the pain I was having before the surgery which is great!! Some issues with acne which is annoying, but in the pain so bad almost can't move is gone. Do remember reading some sisters still feel something each month, but not near as bad as before surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2012, 08:03 PM

I was flip flopping between my period and PMS the whole week before surgery. Hemroids, excruciating breast pain, ibs: after surgery, keeping my ovaries, everything was gone. Boom just like that. Not a bit has returned this whole week. My doc did say that some of the PMS could be triggered by the uterus and not the ovaries, I think he may have been right. Will wait and see what next month brings.
Unread 11-07-2012, 09:12 PM

I had read on here that some ladies do get cramps after this surgery and it had to do something with nerves acting a certain way for years, therefore I was quite concerned about this so I asked my doctors. Both of them reassured me that I would no longer have menstrual cramps and they were right. It has been wonderful. So if your cramps are caused by your uterus, you shouldn't have cramps, however, if they are caused by something else such as your ovaries (and you keep the ovaries) or your bowels (some cramps are actually the bowels cramping) then it could be an issue. That being said, what you describe is very similar to the pain I had so there is a good chance you are going to be just fine. Good luck with your surgery.
Unread 11-08-2012, 03:39 AM

Thank you all so much!

I get quite a bit of ovary pain, but this doesnt feel like ovary pain. Its different.

Fingers crossed the surgery fixes things! Im so scared about it!
Unread 11-08-2012, 03:54 AM

I got the same pain you described about 1 week before every period (how nice of my body to warn me about my monthly hell) and never felt it again after surgery. At 8 months post op, I think it's safe to say it is gone for good and I am so happy about that. I kept my ovaries and I don't even know when "that time of the month" is anymore. I've lost track and it is the most wonderful thing. I hope it is the same for you. All the best to you!
Unread 11-08-2012, 10:31 PM

Everyone is different...

My expierence,15 years of daily bleeding, cramps, bloating, & misery ended on the day of my hyster.

The first couple months, I had a cramp or two. Now nothing, absolutely nothing.... I'm a happy girl!
Unread 11-08-2012, 10:36 PM

There will be none of that...the pain will be from your surgery, you will be fine, you may have very little bleeding after the surgery but just spotting. Good luck and don't stress,focus on being healthy and strong for the weeks ahead.
Unread 11-08-2012, 10:41 PM

I for one can confidently say yes, I had my surgery a day before my periods and after the surgery I had had no pain at all. Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register