10 years tired | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 years tired 10 years tired

Unread 12-14-2015, 11:27 PM
10 years tired

Hi,
Im new to this group...all the old info im reading is comforting. Been exhausted for 10 + years now. Fibroids diagnosed at that same time.....my obgyn just today mentioned surgery as my uterus is "5 months pregnant"
Just tired of being tired....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2015, 12:30 AM
10 years tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbross View Post
Hi,
Im new to this group...all the old info im reading is comforting. Been exhausted for 10 + years now. Fibroids diagnosed at that same time.....my obgyn just today mentioned surgery as my uterus is "5 months pregnant"
Just tired of being tired....
I'm sorry for all of your pain and fatigue. It sound like it might be the right time to take your doctor up on having a hysterectomy. You don't have to suffer through this a moment longer. Ten years has been way too long already. There's hope and healing ahead for you! Best wishes to you in whatever you and your doctor decide!
Unread 12-16-2015, 06:50 AM
10 years tired

Sbross,

Ten years sounds like forever doesn't it... I can totally relate. My fibroids became systematic ten years ago too. I was a active 30 year old.. Just had met my now husband and the debilitating bleeding started. No gyno I went to could give me any answers.. Just wanted to put me on the pill.. Which I refused cause I didn't think hormones was the answer... I was in the dark for five years till we moved from Michigan to Oregon. New doctor who immediately said I should have an ultra sound.

Turns out I had one largish fibroid. About 7cm. I was offered a hysterectomy and I freaked out. I of course read every book I could find.. Every website etc.. I retreated from finding a solution until Acessa was approved by the FDA and I found a doctor in California to perform it. That was in 2013.

It seemed like it started to work but in 2014 it was very obvious my fibroid was getting bigger.. By now I'm severely anemic and basically housebound. I had an ultrasound in July of this year... And an MRI in October. My fibroid is now 17cm.

SO long story short.. I found a rockstar IR and will be having UAE 12/22. Traveling back to Oregon as we now live in Idaho ...

So yeah.. Basically ten years seems like forever.. But it really passed so quickly i wasn't really aware how bad my quality of life had become. We all just find ways of "dealing with it". Because really there is no perfect solution for women suffering from these issues. And we are suffering.

I wish you good luck and good thoughts with all this and hope you find a solution that works for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2015, 11:34 AM
10 years tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigarro View Post
Sbross,

Ten years sounds like forever doesn't it... I can totally relate. My fibroids became systematic ten years ago too. I was a active 30 year old.. Just had met my now husband and the debilitating bleeding started. No gyno I went to could give me any answers.. Just wanted to put me on the pill.. Which I refused cause I didn't think hormones was the answer... I was in the dark for five years till we moved from Michigan to Oregon. New doctor who immediately said I should have an ultra sound.

Turns out I had one largish fibroid. About 7cm. I was offered a hysterectomy and I freaked out. I of course read every book I could find.. Every website etc.. I retreated from finding a solution until Acessa was approved by the FDA and I found a doctor in California to perform it. That was in 2013.

It seemed like it started to work but in 2014 it was very obvious my fibroid was getting bigger.. By now I'm severely anemic and basically housebound. I had an ultrasound in July of this year... And an MRI in October. My fibroid is now 17cm.

SO long story short.. I found a rockstar IR and will be having UAE 12/22. Traveling back to Oregon as we now live in Idaho ...

So yeah.. Basically ten years seems like forever.. But it really passed so quickly i wasn't really aware how bad my quality of life had become. We all just find ways of "dealing with it". Because really there is no perfect solution for women suffering from these issues. And we are suffering.

I wish you good luck and good thoughts with all this and hope you find a solution that works for you!
UaE? Doctor told me the other day my uterus is 5 months pregnant basically. Not sure exactly how big the fibroids are. Thanks for your info!!
Unread 12-16-2015, 11:56 AM
10 years tired

UAE is uterine artery embolization. Basically the procedure cuts off the blood supply to the fibroid, killing the tissue and shrinking it. It's always a great treatment to stop heavy bleeding.

Did you have a ultrasound? I would ask for that and an MRI so you know what you're dealing with.. Wether that's multiple fibroids sizes etc.

What did your doctor recommend for treatment? What are your symptoms?
Unread 12-16-2015, 04:04 PM
10 years tired

I had am EMB, and ultrasound. Havent received results from latter.. she gave me Provera to help with bleeding but it doesnt. She mentioned surgery, but it was just a brief convo we had over the phone. I dont have ins. But im willing to do anything!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register