Newbie | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:56 PM

Howdy all I am new I will be having my surgery on the 15th of November. After 3 Dr.'s and alot of pain I look forward to the healing time to regenerate myself. I am not worried about the surgery I look forward to it.I am having a LAVH total. I am thinking about hormones and not taking them any helpful hints about this? I have been in the second stage of menopause now for almost two years.I also have an underactive thyroid and as this far the pills they have given me for this have not worked I am allergic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2007, 08:19 PM

Hello, I am also new. I will be having my surgery Nov. 6th. I am also very excited because there won't be any more heavy bleeding and I will be able to enjoy my week ends again. Plus I can go back to school. I am also wondering about hormones. So any information that can be given will be greatly appreciated by me also.
Unread 11-01-2007, 08:33 PM

Glad you found the site. welcome. good luck with it all and hope you enjoy the site
hugs
lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2007, 08:36 PM

Thanks, I have been looking over the sight. It's good to have people you can share your thoughts and fears with.
Unread 11-01-2007, 10:20 PM

I too am having my surgery on the 15th. Complete hysterectomy (although not sure at this point which procedure), ovary, cervix and fallopian tube will go too. I am also having bladder sling, rectovaginal detachment repair, vaginal hernia repair and rectocele repair. I am looking forward to working right again and to being out of pain but I am concerned about hrt and how that will work. Good luck on the 15th, to both of us. Trevina
Unread 11-02-2007, 06:42 AM

I am glad I found this site. I wish I had found it a year ago! When I started having trouble maybe I wouldn't have had so much trouble making the Docs understand. I am tired of the pain all month and the nausea. I can deal with the surgery pain and mending time. They have figued out that there are cysts on my ovaries and I have one large tumor that keeps growing in my uterus they are not sure about others they said it looked like more then one. Good luck!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register