Chemo & veins - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chemo & veins Chemo & veins

Unread 07-25-2004, 08:38 PM
Chemo & veins

hi siren,

who woulda thunk it? For once, using too much salt may be a good thing???

Will try that. Have been meaning to voyage into the land of Miso anyway...so may as well be sooner rather than later

Thanks for the tips.
I think I'm sticking to my original plan, which was to play it by ear and see how far I can get w/out a port...but on the other hand, I will not hesitate to get one if I have a problem.

BTW...nearly 7 weeks post op...I *AM* Getting back on my horse this week! I am *so* READY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2004, 02:44 PM
veins and caffeine

Mimny,
I got some samples of African Red Tea from a friend. It's supposed to have just as much antioxidants as green tea, maybe more depending on what you read, but NO caffeine. I've only had time to sample two varieties, (honeybush blush & something- something lemon) but they were yummy, not bitter like green tea can sometimes be. And no, I am not a spokesperson or an employee of the company!
Let me see if I can get the website address for you, maybe you can check them out. http://www.kalahariusa.com/
BTW, I had a blood draw this morning. It went smooth as silk, no doubt to the extra fluids, no caffeine, and pumping up my veins. I'm sure my WBC will be up enough for a treatment tomarrow!

Quote:
Originally posted by mimny
I normally don't drink caffeine at all. Yesterday though I decided to start drinking lots and lots of green tea and sure enough I was wide awake at 2 a.m.!!! I'm going to have to go sleuthing for decaff, organic green tea.
Unread 08-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Chemo & veins

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Delighted to hear your blood draw went smoothly and that you expect good news on your WBC. Excellent!

I had a treatment last Wednesday and thought the weekend might be tough 'cause of my cold but it wasn't at all. Each time has been a bit easier. Go figure!

I have a cousin who's an OR nurse and she recommended getting ahead and staying ahead with the pain meds. So I took one pill with dinner on Thursday even though I didn't think I needed it. One at breakfast and another at dinner on Fri, and so on. It seems to be working.

Thanks for the tip on the tea. I need a new drink in my life and this sounds like an excellent option. The worst side effects for me this time around were no appetite and icky taste in my mouth. Blech!

Hope you get to knock off another treatment tomorrow kiddo. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2004, 06:03 PM
Chemo & veins

thanks Mimny! Blood count IS up to over 1600....so, yes, treatment as scheduled!

Glad to hear YOUR treatment was a peice of cake for you this time! I hope to be able to say the same for me again this time...better than last time? VERY COOL!

s
Unread 08-09-2004, 07:13 PM
Chemo & veins

Congrats on that gorgeous blood count. I'm envious!

Good luck tomorrow with the vein thing. Got the drill down, right? LOTS of fluids, squeeze that ball, miso soup. Check, check, check.

And... take good care of yourself, ya hear!

P.S. Yup, better than last time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register