Emotional but still have ovaries - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Emotional but still have ovaries Emotional but still have ovaries

Unread 12-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Re: Emotional but still have ovaries

Love the story TNfarmgal! I have my check up tomorrow. LOL! I'll probably start laughing to myself while I'm being checked thinking about what happened with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2011, 07:47 PM

Just remember to turn your phone down reeeeaaaal low dallas49001, LOL! Good luck on the check up! BTW for a lap hyster - I'm ahead of schedule. Tryin' hard not to push it. The one thing that was really great for me was the doctor VALIDATING my decision to do it based on the histopath, things were only going to get worse. Baby steps. We'll all get there.....of course I could be whining tomorrow....
Unread 12-19-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfarmgal View Post
Just remember to turn your phone down reeeeaaaal low dallas49001, LOL! Good luck on the check up! BTW for a lap hyster - I'm ahead of schedule. Tryin' hard not to push it. The one thing that was really great for me was the doctor VALIDATING my decision to do it based on the histopath, things were only going to get worse. Baby steps. We'll all get there.....of course I could be whining tomorrow....
I could be whining tomorrow too! I knew I had to do it. The fibroids were huge and it was pushing on my bladder. I also had a nerve issue with my left leg and it made my leg feel like it was on fire. I asked her if it was possible if the uterus is causing this and she said she couldn't guarantee it, but it could. Well, the leg pain is now gone. Is that what you mean by the histopath?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas49001 View Post
I could be whining tomorrow too! I knew I had to do it. The fibroids were huge and it was pushing on my bladder. I also had a nerve issue with my left leg and it made my leg feel like it was on fire. I asked her if it was possible if the uterus is causing this and she said she couldn't guarantee it, but it could. Well, the leg pain is now gone. Is that what you mean by the histopath?
Histopath-hystopathology, is where they take the uterine tissue and see if other things are present, ie cancer, endometriosis and fibroids that weren't seen visually. That type of thing. I was relieved to find no cancer, but my periods were starting to go for up to 21 days and for the first time in my life, be painful. I had adenomyosis. It's where the muscle layer of the uterus grows to the inside of the uterus and wreaks havoc. Doesn't get any better, just worsens. Not only that, my bladder and uterus were on a downhill slide. Fun, fun peeing your pants at 47! Now I know why and I won't have to slide off my motorcycle lookin' for a "ladies" room every time my husband and I go on a trip! I was a widow at 40. Everytime I start to look down I have to give thanks and look up :-) Glad your leg pain is noticeably gone. That is an improvement..a step in the get up and get to livin' direction!
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Emotional but still have ovaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldilox99 View Post
You too, Sweet Lady! Love the name, btw, S&S! Happy holidays to you and your family! I'm here if you need to chat.
Thanks hon :-) We'll get thru this together.
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfarmgal View Post
Histopath-hystopathology, is where they take the uterine tissue and see if other things are present, ie cancer, endometriosis and fibroids that weren't seen visually. That type of thing. I was relieved to find no cancer, but my periods were starting to go for up to 21 days and for the first time in my life, be painful. I had adenomyosis. It's where the muscle layer of the uterus grows to the inside of the uterus and wreaks havoc. Doesn't get any better, just worsens. Not only that, my bladder and uterus were on a downhill slide. Fun, fun peeing your pants at 47! Now I know why and I won't have to slide off my motorcycle lookin' for a "ladies" room every time my husband and I go on a trip! I was a widow at 40. Everytime I start to look down I have to give thanks and look up :-) Glad your leg pain is noticeably gone. That is an improvement..a step in the get up and get to livin' direction!
This was my first visit to this new doctor. It took her maybe two minutes to tell me that my uterus was huge and wanted me to stay for an ultra sound. Which scared me half to death. I knew I had one fibroid, but apparently it had grown along with a few more popping up. She told my husband that she had to cut up the fibroids before she could take out the uterus. Then she asked if I leak when I cough or sneeze and told her I did. So they also did a bladder sling. So now, no more having to pee every 30 minutes, and I can now cough and sneeze with no leaks. No more pain in my lower back and no more leg pain. She did send the fibroids to pathology and they came back no cancer.
Unread 12-20-2011, 04:46 AM

Hello ... I had my surgery on Nov. 10, and my belly is still "swelly!" It gets worse by the end of the day, but i'm wearing every yoga or workout pants that I have. I was even scoping more out at Target the other day and had to stop myself, LOL!
The other issue i'm having is I get still get very weak when I do get out still, and get the feeling like i'm going to pass out. It's usually when i'm about halfway through a store, then I start feeling funny, and seeing a little fuzzy and need to sit!? I'm going to the doctor today for my post-six week checkup so i'll see what he says! I hope everyone is feeling good!
Unread 12-20-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas49001 View Post
This was my first visit to this new doctor. It took her maybe two minutes to tell me that my uterus was huge and wanted me to stay for an ultra sound. Which scared me half to death. I knew I had one fibroid, but apparently it had grown along with a few more popping up. She told my husband that she had to cut up the fibroids before she could take out the uterus. Then she asked if I leak when I cough or sneeze and told her I did. So they also did a bladder sling. So now, no more having to pee every 30 minutes, and I can now cough and sneeze with no leaks. No more pain in my lower back and no more leg pain. She did send the fibroids to pathology and they came back no cancer.
Ain't it nice not to have to wear "pads" for wetting yourself?Awesome! Sometimes I think we don't pay enough attention to ourselves! Good luck on your recheck!
Unread 12-20-2011, 09:35 AM

Maybe you push yourself just a little much. Tink. Man, I know my mind says, YES, YES and the body says "are you nuts?" I'm usually a jump out of bed, get 'er done and run to work gal and now I'm finding I can't go out the door until I've had my morning constitutional - which has been one heck of an emotional/painful adventure. That old joke about the bottom closing up and ruling all the other organs is for REAL! Bet you still need to gear it down some. Tell you what felt really cool, my 70 year old Pa wanting to push me through the store and go shopping with me. (Good thing there's no cliffs in Wally! LOL) Have a good day!
Unread 12-21-2011, 06:49 AM

I just had my surgery on Monday & I am very emotional. I have to admit that I was very emotional before the surgery, anyway. I got upset yesterday when my significant other said he can't pick me up from the hospital because of work & I have been crying last night, during the night & this morning. it didn't help that I was having headaches & felt feverish even tho my temp was only 99.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register