5th round chemo out.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5th round chemo out.... 5th round chemo out....

Unread 04-29-2003, 03:30 PM
5th round chemo out....

Well, finally did my fifth round. Not sure how many rounds I'm getting yet, as the Dr told me, he doesn't know until the cancer leaves. So, just biting the bullet imagining, I will be going through chemo for years to come. Hopefully, it won't be years just a year at the most. But whatever it takes right?

Anyway, I just started feeling back to myself. I was very tired yesterday at work. Once I finished my half day, I was ready for a nap big time, I had some errands to do, then came home to rest.

Today, worked from home, too tired to get up. I am so blessed that my employer allows me to work from home when I don't feel up to going in, and allowing me the use of a laptop too! They are just wonderful, I will have to make them a thank you card.

Anyway, not too much energy today, but more so than yesterday. I mean I'm actually getting up and walking around. Watered the grass some outside, my BF put in new flower beds this weekend, with my daughter, they had a blast.

Hopefully, I will be up and ready to go as ever tomorrow, this dragging is getting me down. I want so much to feel like my old self soon!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2003, 04:15 PM
5th round chemo out....

Good luck Tammy. You sure have been through a lot medically. I'm sending good vibes your way!!!!!

I noticed that yours is a cervical cancer reoccurence. I know there is a thread about this but...is it common to get a reoccurence? How was yours detected? As I'm typing I think I may have asked you this before. Excuse my poor memory!! Jill Sue
Unread 04-29-2003, 07:30 PM
5th round chemo out....

Dear Tammy,

Yay for No. 5 being out of the way! Are you getting a full-dose of Taxol/Carboplatin? If so, I don't know how you can work. I guess I can be online the day of and the day after, but then . . . I just want to lie quietly in a dark room for several days.

I hope you do not have to continue with the chemo for a long time. You have already been through so much! I truly hope you can get back to being your old self soon. It's great that you have a BF and your daughter around to support you.

I know the chemo is doing its job and killing everything that's not supposed to be there. Just like it is for me! So remember that you are in my prayers, and that this too shall pass, and that you are well on your way to having this whole episode be just a life-changing memory.

s for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2003, 07:35 PM
5th round chemo out....

Tammy,
I am glad #5 is behind you andhat you are tolerating it better than that awful first one. I hope there won't be many more.
Enjoy spring!
Unread 04-29-2003, 08:20 PM
5th round chemo out....

s Tammy

It sounds to me like you are doing amazingly well with the chemo.
Keep up the good work and great attitude.

karenann
Unread 04-29-2003, 09:42 PM
5th round chemo out....

Yes I am getting the full treatment of taxol and carbo, and let me tell you, I don't know how people CAN work during this, but I know alot of people on this board do. Sometimes, I don't think I can, I'm very lucky that my job offers me the ability to dial in from home. You know, I had to practically beg my Dr, to allow me to work during this time. He and the nurses were sure that I wouldn't be able to handle it, so they agreed I can as long as I only work half days. So so far, it has worked. There are days that I can barely get up, I guess it's good that I have to go to work, it keeps me going. Keeps me from feeling sorry for myself and staying in my little bubble. Of course that's me talking today, after staying home all day long.

I'm even thinking of staying home again tomorrow. My feet hurt so much, they feel they have about a gallon of water in each of them. They feel sooo swollen, so do my fingers. My Dr, dripped me slower this time, so I wouldn't have as much nerve damage as I did on my 4th treatment, but I don't think there is much difference, I still feel sooo swollen. Do any of you feel that way also. It feels, like you are walking on needles doesn't it. Sort of like the end of your pregnancy when you are really retaining water, and your feet ARE really swollen.

Anyway, enough of my jabbering.. Talk to you guys tomorrow, hopefully after work, or if not, Not going to let it bother me tooo much.
Unread 04-30-2003, 11:02 AM
5th round chemo out....

(((Tammy)))

Just checking in to see how you are doing and to let you know I'm sending extra prayers and positive energy your way.

I'm so glad to hear that your employer is great about letting you work from home. I don't know how you're doing it, but as long as you can keep up with a little work, that's probably helping you get your mind focused on something else for a little while.

It also sounds like you're getting great support from DBF. Good for him! Sounds like a great guy. I'm so glad.

Your strength is an inspiration. Thanks for being you.

Beth
Unread 04-30-2003, 09:36 PM
5th round chemo out....

Tammy:

My lower legs, ankles, and feet are bothered by chemotherapy too. I'm on Day 6 of my 4th chemo, and I feel like I have to walk very gingerly...my feet are numb and sort of painful. My onc has me take a medrol dose pack for this, but it worked better for chemos 2 and 3. I'm just having a harder time with this one overall. Lots of fatigue, dizziness, shortness of breath, and hot flashes! I've never had the hot flashes before. The nurse suggested that perhaps my Premarin dosage needed to be adjusted because the chemo could be causing it to be out of wack. I can't wait for this to be over.

Here's to better days ahead
Unread 05-04-2003, 12:58 AM
Linda, I too am having...

hot flashes and shortness of breath. I didn't event think they were hot flashes until I read your reply. I just thought I was getting hot ever so often cause I didn't have any hair on my body... lol... That's when it all started, when I lost all my body hair. I started sweating ever so often, and just all of a sudden be so hot. I just thought that hot flashes were different some how. I guess I should tell my Dr on Tues when I see him.

The shortness of breath usually happens the week of the chemo, but my feet hurting happens the week after the chemo treatment, and only lasts for two days, thank goodness. There is only so much of walking so very slow I can take.

What dosage is your premarin?, mine is 1.25.

I'll have to ask my doc about the medrol packs too!

Hope you feel better soon, and your next chemo is better.
Unread 05-04-2003, 12:50 PM
5th round chemo out....

Tammy:

My Premarin dosage is .625.

I don't usually have the shortness of breath. It raised an eyebrow for me because I have asthma and I thought I was getting sick. Fortunately the asthma is ok and the shortness of breath seems to have gone away.

I didn't know that those were hot flashes either. I thought I had a fever!

It's a beautiful day here in Michigan...65 degrees, sunny with a slight breeze. I think I'll relax on my porch and watch the kids play...isn't that what it's all about?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register