UGH! Incontinence Issues with Grade 3 Cystocele | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

UGH! Incontinence Issues with Grade 3 Cystocele UGH! Incontinence Issues with Grade 3 Cystocele

Unread 07-27-2021, 09:24 AM
Angry - UGH! Incontinence Issues with Grade 3 Cystocele UGH! Incontinence Issues with Grade 3 Cystocele

Is there anyone else out there that has experienced complete urinary incontinence? I have lost total control of my bladder 4 times this month alone. I have a grade 3 cystocele and a grade 1-2 rectocele with a 2cm descend of my vaginal wall. I don't know if this is indicative of my problems getting worse or what, but I don't like it. It's happened twice in public and is completing and utterly humiliating. I feel like I need to wear an adult diaper ALL the time now because I never know when my bladder will just give out. I am scheduled to see my urogynecologist on August 11th to discuss surgery options and the date can't come fast enough. Please, if anyone has gone through this and has any tips, let me know. I'm drowning here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2021, 01:21 AM
UGH! Incontinence Issues with Grade 3 Cystocele

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarburstOwl26 View Post
Is there anyone else out there that has experienced complete urinary incontinence? I have lost total control of my bladder 4 times this month alone. I have a grade 3 cystocele and a grade 1-2 rectocele with a 2cm descend of my vaginal wall. I don't know if this is indicative of my problems getting worse or what, but I don't like it. It's happened twice in public and is completing and utterly humiliating. I feel like I need to wear an adult diaper ALL the time now because I never know when my bladder will just give out. I am scheduled to see my urogynecologist on August 11th to discuss surgery options and the date can't come fast enough. Please, if anyone has gone through this and has any tips, let me know. I'm drowning here.
No sorry. I mean yes stress and when my bladder was too full but all the time with zero control?
Poise makes some.pretty powerful pads and under garments you can actually pair them together.
I am 9 days post op and trying to get through it.
Hugs, dear.
Unread 08-03-2021, 11:08 PM
UGH! Incontinence Issues with Grade 3 Cystocele

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarburstOwl26 View Post
I had uterine cancer in March 2018 and had all parts removed. I struggled for a year with incontinence trying pelvic floor help from a physical therapist. After a year I was referred to a wonderful urogynecologist and chose to do the work ups to see if I was truly incontinent. I was! So I opted for a surgery which put in a suburethral sling and I’m as good as new. Immediately after surgery I was fixed. The surgery and recovery was a breeze. I’m so happy I elected to get fixed. No more depends for me! Good luck. I know what you are going through. And the hood news is that it’s probably fixable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2021, 11:40 PM
Re: UGH! Incontinence Issues with Grade 3 Cystocele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandinilee View Post
I had uterine cancer in March 2018 and had all parts removed. I struggled for a year with incontinence trying pelvic floor help from a physical therapist. After a year I was referred to a wonderful urogynecologist and chose to do the work ups to see if I was truly incontinent. I was! So I opted for a surgery which put in a suburethral sling and I’m as good as new. Immediately after surgery I was fixed. The surgery and recovery was a breeze. I’m so happy I elected to get fixed. No more depends for me! Good luck. I know what you are going through. And the hood news is that it’s probably fixable.
You give me hope! I just have to hang in until next Wednesday. Meanwhile the pressure in my vagina has been getting worse. I already know from the gynecologist that I need surgery and there’s no way around it. How soon I get it is the question. And what all will be done. I’m glad someone else was able to let me in and tell me there is light at the end of the tunnel because it was getting pretty dark in here.
Unread 08-04-2021, 08:44 AM

I also had a urethral sling put in 4 years ago and its life changing! it works perfectly and the surgery and recovery were so easy. zero pain or problems.
Unread 08-04-2021, 10:53 AM

I feel for you. Urinary incontinence is depressing as it affects your quality of life. There is hope! Prior to my hysterectomy, I had stress incontinence so at same time as the hysterectomy, my surgeon also did a transobturator bladder sling. Within a week, I had complete incontinence, including wetting myself every night without knowing until I woke up. I would not leave my house since I had incontinence every time I stood up. I was devastated. Tried some meds for incontinence but none helped. Finally, went to have urodynamic testing performed… gotta have good sense of humor for that testing! Results confirmed mixed incontinence of both stress and urge and my bladder was squeezing erratically. So 2 months from hysterectomy & first bladder sling, I had surgery for a retropubic midurethral bladder sling. Gotta be honest, it was painful recovery, but I have never had a drop of incontinence since!!! Hang in there! Even if one sling type doesn’t work, there are others available and I’m sure your Urogynecologist will work with you to ensure your incontinence is stopped.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register