Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links

Unread 10-21-2005, 08:27 AM
2005 Pink Ribbon Challenge

Pass it on! Time is running out to meet the 2005 Pink Ribbon Challenge goal of funding 750 free mammograms during October, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Visit The Breast Cancer Site at http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/home today and every day to click on the pink "Fund Free Mammograms" button and help fund free mammograms for homeless, working-poor and uninsured women.

This simple action costs you nothing, but makes early detection and survival possible! Funding is paid by site sponsors and goes to the nonprofit National Breast Cancer Foundation, who uses it to fund programs that provide free mammography screenings to women in need. You can click once per day and help save a life.

Pass it along as a way to fight breast cancer this month and all year long!

There are other click-to-fund sites listed there too, so take a moment and check those out as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2005, 06:34 AM
New Loreal Color Of Hope items available

Loreal' has introduced new products in their "Color of Hope" campaign. I picked up a bunch of stuff in Eckard's last night. I believe 10% of the purchase price goes to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
Loreal!

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/cosmet...hope/index.asp
Unread 12-31-2005, 06:40 AM
TEAL we meet again

http://tealwemeetagain.com/handmadesoap.asp

I purchased a bunch of these for holiday gifts. 100% of sales benefit the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition. They smell beautiful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk

Hello, I am a year and a half from my hysterectomy and haven't felt better. As a part of my post surgery regime, I have made a commitment this year to participate in the Breast Cancer 3 day walk here in Washington State. It will be held in Seattle in August and I will be walking 60 miles in 3 days. If any of you would like to donate please visit my site at
http://www.the3day.org/Seattle06/edithhitchings

Thanks so much for your support.
Unread 03-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Weekend to End Breast Cancer - Sept. 8-10, 2006

March 10th, 2006...one year ago today, I lost my mother to breast cancer...7 weeks to the day from the date of my TAH for cervical cancer.

6 months from today, I will cross the finish line at a two day event called "The Weekend to End Breast Cancer", which in the province of Ontario raises money to go to the Princess Margaret Hospital, a leader in the fight against breast cancer, in honour of my mother.

During one amazing weekend, September 8-10, 2006, thousands of women and men will unite in Toronto to walk 60 kilometres in a bold display of courage and commitment. It’s a weekend of hope, as we honour lives lost, celebrate survivors, and help bring breast cancer care to those who so desperately need it.

I needed to post this somewhere...not that I was doing it, because I have been fundraising (we are required to raise a minimum of $2,000 each to qualify to walk)since the beginning of February...I needed to post, especially today, how very much I miss my mother and sort of unofficially launch the 'training phase' (we're at the six month bench mark, so time to get serious!!)of my journey.

The irony of being thrown into sudden, early menopause at the same time as I lose the one individual that might be able to provide me with some insight about the road ahead...needless to say, but I get the overwhelming impulse to call her, ALOT!

I look like her, I sound like her...and I am walking for her...so that this horrible, dreadful disease should be stopped dead in its' tracks before it can take too many more precious mothers and sister and daughters and nieces and friends...to watch my oh-so-capable mother incapacitated so completely, so quickly, so mercilessly...my life will never be the same.

Please support "The Weekend to End Breast Cancer" by visiting my personal page at www.endcancer.ca ...my last name is BEUBE.

I love you Mom!
Unread 03-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links

Last week I discovered that Claire's (the accessory store) is selling teal jelly "It Whispers - So Listen" bracelets. They're $2.50 each and come on a card that has facts about OVCA as well as symptoms.

Also, I was in The Body Shop yesterday and they have jelly/silver bracelets in several different colors. The silver portion has a ribbon shape embossed in it. Unfortunately, these bracelets are very, very small. They looked like baby bracelets to me. I would have bought one or more but I didn't think they'd fit anyone.
Unread 07-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links

Making Strides for Breast Cancer

I will be walking in this event on October 15 at Jones Beach. Anyone who wants to donate can do so at my web page.
Unread 10-02-2006, 10:15 AM
"The View"

I have been a huge proponent in Breast Cancer Awareness and the fight for the cure. I have a benign mass that has been monitored for many years but many many women I know have not been so lucky and I've seen many women on here talk about having had to fight that battle as well. October is BC awareness month and I was curled up watching The View this morning and they are doing a ton of features on BC, treatment, cures, chekcing, etc all month. Well one of the things that ABC has done along with Ford is team up with this Breast Cancer Warrior stuff and the girls were all wearing these really beautiful scarves today that they of course gave to each audience member but they also have them for sale on their website! Thought for those who are back working that you might like to know about it, maybe order one, or just a gentle nudge that if you see someone who will be participating in the Race for the Cure, pass them a buck or two if you can do so.

End of commercial

hugs and love to all
Karen
Unread 10-07-2006, 08:21 AM
loreal's Color Of Hope to benefit NOCRF

Once again, it's that time of year when Loreal puts out their
"COLOR OF HOPE"

line of cosmetics to benefit the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. 10% of the purchase price is donated to OCRF. Look for COLOR OF HOPE in a drug store near you! I've found it in prior years at Eckards, CVS, Walgreen's, Rite Aid and even Walmart. Ask for it at a store near you!
they also have a gorgeus sterling silver bracelet and a teal razor cell phone for purchase:
http://www.lorealparisusa.com/

http://www.lorealcolorofhope.com/?page=braceletpage

Thanks for checking it out!

k9
Unread 05-06-2007, 07:51 AM
Cervical Cancer/HPV Conference

I wanted to make all of you impacted by hpv and cervical cancer aware that there is going to be a conference in September, sponsored by the National Cervical Cancer Coalition, held in Washington D.C.. And, there will be be 'patients', women like us, attending. I'm going to be one of them! In addition to education, we will be able to go back to our communities at home to make a difference with awareness of this disease. For more information:
http://www.nccc-online.org/

I hope that the hystersisters will allow me to post this here in cancer concerns forum. i think so many of us can benefit from this conference by attending to get additional support and education, as well as to then make a difference for other girls and women.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register