Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links

Unread 07-23-2008, 11:26 AM
7/24/08 LIVESTRONG Presidential Town Hall on Cancer

LIVESTRONG Presidential Town Hall on Cancer

US residents, this is important!
Find out where your candidate stands on cancer

To make cancer part of the national dialogue, the LAF is holding the LIVESTRONG Presidential Town Hall on Cancer, moderated by Lance Armstrong.

On Thursday, July 24, at 7 p.m., Senator John McCain will go on the record with his plans to fight cancer and answer questions from the audience.

We invited both presidential candidates to attend the LIVESTRONG summit. Senator Barack Obama declined our invitation to attend. Although both candidates will not be attendance, the LIVESTRONG Presidential Town Hall on Cancer will make cancer part of the national dialogue and advance progress in the cancer fight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links

I hope it's okay for me to post this here.

My sister is walking in the Arizona Breast Cancer three day, where the proceeds benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure. I was planning on walking with her until I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer and found out I would need a hysterectomy, another exploratory surgery, and possibly chemo. Since I can't join her on the walk I am doing everything I can to help her reach her goal.

Breast cancer has hit our family hard. Our great-grandma and all three of her granddaughters (our mom, our aunt and their cousin) have had breast cancer. Our mom and her cousin both lost their lives as a result.

Please consider helping my sister and this very important cause, if you are able to. Every little bit helps!

http://08.the3day.org/goto/RebeccaJohnson
Unread 09-06-2008, 12:02 PM
September is National ovarian Cancer awareness month!

once again it's time for Loreal to release it's
"Color of Hope" line of cosmetics to raise funding for and awareness of Ovarian Cancer. Proceeds go to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. http://www.lorealcolorofhope.com/

Join Kelly Ripa and Electrolux in raising awareness of and funding for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund by sending "T-Mail" to your friends. http://kelly-confidential.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Friends in Pink Helping Friends

Hi all --

Years ago, I came here looking for for the help and support I needed when it turned out I needed a hysterectomy. I found more love and support than I ever imagined. I never would have made it thru my hyst without the help of Hystersisters. And I made many friends.

One of the gals I met here, has become one of my closest friends. We get together often, and have shared many of lifes ups and downs over the years.

She was recently diagnosed with, and treated for, breast cancer.

Recently she asked if I would join her team at a walk to raise funds for the American Cancer Society -- the walk is called Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and is scheduled for October 18th.

If anyone would like to view our team (which is called Friends in Pink Helping Friends) page you can find it at this link:

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Ma...ry&fr_id=11649

we'd love to hear from you.

Thanks and 's to all

Ann
Unread 09-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk

Event Information
Date: Sunday, October 19, 2008
Time: Registation at 8:00 am, Walk Begins at 9:00 am

I have chosen to fight back against this disease and help make a difference by participating in the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk, and I hope you will join me. The walk is a noncompetitive 5 mile walk to raise awareness and funds to fight breast cancer.

To donate now, use this link to visit my personal page.

's
Barb
Unread 09-10-2008, 02:36 PM
OvCa Walk 9-20-08 Wantagh L.I. New York

Join us as we team up with Pureology for our 2nd annual 3K walk/picnic to Break the Silence on Ovarian Cancer.

Registration begins at 10AM and the walk kicks off at 11AM.

For more information either send me a message or go to ovarian.org, click on the state maps and you will find us under New York, Long Island. The walk pamphlet is available on line.

Hope to see some of you there.

Pam
Unread 06-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Re: Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links

Kelly Ripa and Electrolux Appliances will donate $1 to OVCA research for opening a "lemonade stand" on their site. Click here for details:

http://www.kelly-confidential.com/index.html
Unread 09-26-2009, 03:36 AM

Hello,
I read your comment,also have a look of the link which you have provided.Nice information for cancer patient.Well that is so nice to have such articles at the community.Please try to share more information of the field,on future.Thank you for the comment.
Unread 01-04-2010, 12:41 PM
January is CC awareness month - meeting in DC

Hey ladies, I'm passing this info on in case any of you would like to attend:

Dear friends,

We are pleased to formally invite you to join us for our inaugural Cervical Cancer Day on the Hill on January 26 - 27, 2010 in Washington, DC, during National Cervical Cancer Awareness Month. You and your esteemed colleagues (survivors, caregivers & clinicians) have been invited to participate in a discussion about cervical cancer/HPV, the new screening guidelines and the need for increased funding for cervical cancer prevention, detection and treatment. For too long cervical cancer has been ignored and this is a chance for us to come together and make sure that those who represent us understand our unique needs. No other woman should lose her fertility or die from cervical cancer. While there have been many advances there is still so much more to be done. This is a call to action! We need you to join us in our fight to eradicate cervical cancer.

Our meeting will begin with a group reception & dinner at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, January 26 at the Phoenix Park Hotel. Our meeting will be held at the Rayburn Building on Capitol Hill on Wednesday, January 27 from 7:00 am – 12:00 pm.

We are proud to have the expert services of Deb VanEvery and her team from D. VanEvery & Associates for meeting support. They will be available on site to ensure that we have a productive and enjoyable experience together. Please do not hesitate to call them at 919-388-7000, if you have any questions or concerns about the meeting.

It is my pleasure to invite you to join us, and we are looking forward to a productive meeting. We will set a new standard for the New Year when it comes to cervical cancer awareness and prevention. Let’s not let this moment pass us by!

Warm regards,

Tamika Felder
Founder
Tamika & Friends
Unread 05-29-2010, 10:35 AM

Supporting awareness of and research for gynecologic cancers.

One of our members (Oceanalli) made us aware of a group of gynecological oncologists who are also musicians. The group name is N.E.D. They released a CD last year and the proceeds to the Gynecological Cancer Fund for research.

You can find additional information on the group, the CD and some other merchandise at http://www.motema.com/artist/ned

For me what was especially interesting is that my surgeon has actually studied daVinci techniques with Dr. Boggess.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register