Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links

Unread 12-30-2011, 12:42 PM
National Cervical Cancer Month

Sisters,

FYI, January is National Cervical Cancer Month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2012, 03:12 AM
Re: Gynecologic Cancer Awareness, Fundraising Opportunities, Special Links

I am raising funds for Oncolgy department at King Edward Memorial Hospital. Anyone wishing to sponsor me to run 4km can do so by visiting wirf - womens and infant research Foundation with webb address ending dot com dot au.

Thanks
Unread 04-29-2012, 05:55 PM
new HPV article re: vaccination for women of ALL ages/circumstances

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/he...r-surgery.html

I found this interesting, especially the last statement in the article. I plan on showing this to my gyn-onc in june.

HPV has caused me so much turmoil. After a lifetime of normal paps, I had one come back cancer (yes, actual cancer not SIL). Fortunately, it was over-read. Two cones later, I was clear for 1O-11 yrs. Had hyster for other reasons in 1/09. Now I am VAIN 1 with active, evil HPV again. So 10-11 years all good, now my vagina is under attack. I am wondering if it could be a new infection or the old one rearing its ugly head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2012, 09:54 AM

An article related to new fertility sparing possibilities for cancer patients:

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...treatment?lite
Unread 11-07-2012, 07:08 PM
FREE Online Cancer Summit on Integrative and Alternative Practices

I thought the following might be of interest to some of the wonderful ladies here. There is a FREE Online Cancer Summit that started tonight, featuring integrative and alternative treaments. Tonights lectures (they're on for 2hrs a night for 5 nights & available starting at 8pm EST for 24hrs) include Kris Carr of Crazy Sexy Cancer Fame & Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez. I just finished listening to the first half and found it fascinating. This summit was put together by Kevin Gianni of Renegade Health. You just have to register over here (hope its oK to post the link): https://s3.amazonaws.com/cancerworld...aunch-day.html
((((((((((Love, Light & Hugs to Everyone))))))))))
Unread 01-22-2013, 08:21 PM

I hope I am posting in correct place...

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...lth&id=8608835

Celebrex, a cox2 inhibitor, may halt HPV related illnesses.
Unread 01-23-2013, 12:10 PM

Interesting news
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:04 PM

New York Times article flaws found in ovarian cancer treatment
Unread 06-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Possible new treatment for ovarian cancer

I post this in hopes that it will help someone.

Today the New York Times has a story about a drug approved to treat kidney cancer that is showing promise in delaying recurrence of ovarian cancer by six months or more. The story is here: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/02/he...r.html?hp&_r=0. The story also discusses some other drugs that may be available soon, as wells as issues related to so-called "maintenance therapy."
Unread 09-16-2013, 10:14 AM
National Run/Walk to End Women's Cancer

The first weekend in November is the National Race/Walk to End Women's Cancer in DC. It's a 6K race or 1 mile walk

When I registered for the race I saw lots of Ovarian cancer teams but none that seemed to be for Uterine cancer. So I started a team called "Just Peachy Keen" and left it open for others to join. Since we do have a lot of uterine cancer survivors here, I thought I'd let you all know in case anyone else might be thinking of coming and would like to join the team too! There's other cool stuff going on, Saturday there is an all-day conference for survivors, and Saturday night the band N.E.D. is performing....they are a band that is comprised of all gyn oncologists, they have 2 CDs out and are now even the subject of a new documentary....and my own oncologist is one of the lead singers! They are having a screening of the movie in Bethesda the Tuesday following the Race.

If you are going and would like to try to meet up with me, just drop me a PM! I certainly welcome anyone that would just like to sponsor me too, again, just PM me and I'll drop you the link. I've never done anything like this before and fund raising is definitely not my forte, but hoping I can at least raise enough to feel like the trip was worthwhile! I often tell people that my doctor saved my life...but really it was the cutting edge research he was doing that enabled him to find the extent of the cancer I had when it would otherwise have been missed so I definitely am passionate about both raising awareness of these cancers as well as the importance of funding research.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register