TAH Still in pain - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Still in pain Still in pain

Unread 04-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Re: Still in pain

Valerian, how is everything with you? Iam the same still in pain,left side swollen feels like a ball inside. I want to get back to my life and it feels like I never will be the same again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2012, 10:59 AM

Carnationz, iam right there with you I have all the same feelings don't want and can't handle anymore bad news the cancer was the least straw for me . Lets try to help one another through this hard time.
Unread 04-18-2012, 11:53 AM

Hugs Katwoman - I'm here for you too!
So sorry about the cancer news - did they get it all or was it precancer? I'm not very religious but believe in the power of prayer and will pray for all of us. It is great to have someone to share feelings with because I am feeling "ashamed" - like I'm supposed to be smiling and happy all the time (especially for the daughter who's 23, married and busy with her own life.) Maybe guilty is a better word that ashamed. I think us women are good at carrying guilt even thought we know it is not something we brought on to ourselves, did to ourselves or can control. (Should heed my own words lol.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2012, 12:46 PM

Carnationz, they said got it all stage one so I have to get checked every three months to make sure it didn't come back for the next 5 years after that then I can say iam cancer free. I understand about the shame part cause I know I was lucky but I wanna live this life that I got a 2nd chance at but because of the pain and everything else its making that hard to do. Don't feel guilty iam sure you are there for your daughter as much as you can.
Unread 04-18-2012, 02:01 PM

Do/Did any of you have little prickling sensations in your abdomen? I get these every once in awhile and think it is like my insides healing or nerves coming back to life???
Katwoman - my day has been get up at 7 say goodbye to hubby go back to sleep until 10:30. Get up, eat breakfast feel fine. Noon went for shower and that's where I get played out. I am always tired after a shower. In the shower the spray on one part of my abdomen hurts - and I think if that hurts - I can't imagine the ultra sound. Run the water hot as I can on my lower back to try and ease what I think is muscle strain - back feels good but in leaning over my stomach pulls and hurts. I'm sitting here typing now (2 p.m.) and just had lunch and my stomach is full of those little pin pick pains. Only work I did today was empty dishwasher and half load the top. Don't feel like I could do another thing. Also feel some dizziness from time to time - passes - nothing serious - but anyone else get that? It could be from HRT or pain meds or worry or or or ..........
Unread 04-18-2012, 02:27 PM

Carnationz, sounds like we live the same life. About the shower I can't even wash or shave my lower legs cause I can't bend over. I also get tired very easy and can't even stay up to go to a movie. And I don't take HRT .
Unread 04-18-2012, 02:31 PM

So ladies here is a story that makes me feel like a wimp. My hairdresser had a emergency TAH two weeks ago she is already driving,shopping,cleaning house, and going back to work next week what the heck is wrong with me?
Unread 04-18-2012, 02:45 PM

Katwoman - she may have had a laparscopic (sp - don't know the abbrev.) I hope she is ok and does fine and it isn't too soon.
You said you are going out - I have only been out to the dr or a quick in and out of a store all with my husband. I have not done any driving (well I haven't driven in 6-7 mos because of the pain/pain killers before. Worried I'll forget how!) I don't like to walk but haven't even tried walking outside. I will walk inside and have the treadmill set up but haven't got on it yet. (No - I wasn't on it before either...........hmmm.)
Do you have the pin pricks too?
And nothing is wrong with YOU!!
Unread 04-18-2012, 02:47 PM

Katwoman - are you having hot flashes? I had 15 real bad ones in 12 hrs (both ovaries out) so decided I needed to try it. You might not be a candidate since the cancer but I was wondering if you had them and what you do for them.
Unread 04-18-2012, 02:52 PM

i am so jealous to hear of a husband helped in any way.we almost divorced cause of my hubby acting so unfeeling.i hope you ladies quit hurting soon.it totally sucks when you think the surgery should've taken care of all yr pain.i had to go back to work @the 3rd week after TAH and i do feel my pain came from this fact.but i really do hope ya'll's pain is just last afterthought and nothing is bad wrong.but you dont know til u get the proper tests done.the last dr. i went to strongly agreed w/ me after i told him about all the strong physical things i had did after surgery-that i had adhesions from this.i am just NOW FEELING 100% better.but they do say @6 weeks 40%better,80%-6 months and FULL YEAR 100%.i wait on tables and i have had 2 women tell me it took them BOTH close to 2 years to feel 100 % better.sorry for adding this bad news.lol.but gosh,i feel so much better,it doesnt even feel real!!!!!!YIIIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
I HOPE YOU GALS GET HERE SOON!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register