Thickened Endometrium and Biopsy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thickened Endometrium and Biopsy Thickened Endometrium and Biopsy

Unread 05-17-2021, 02:00 PM
Thickened Endometrium and Biopsy

Hi. I am 52, overweight, peri-menopause, and on blood thinners.

I've gone 5-6 years without an exam, and discussed a hysterectomy just because of the excessive bleeding on blood thinners. She sent me for a transvaginal ultrasound --

The report says 14 mm lining (upper end of normal) with non-specific borders but otherwise homogenous.

She's doing a biopsy of the lining in a couple weeks. I was just finishing my period, so you'd think it would be thinnest point of the lining, but then again the period lasted 11 days, so does the lining thicken even when it's still shedding? (If that makes sense).

Anyway, not sure what my risk factors are, or how concerned I need to be. I know, won't know anything until the biopsy, and hopefully it's just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2021, 09:47 AM
Re: Thickened Endometrium and Biopsy

I had a different type of cancer, so I'll leave those specifics to others. But, I did want to send some calming hugs your way and suggest to try not to worry so very much as anxiety isn't good for us, either. We're glad you found us!

Unread 05-26-2021, 02:31 AM

I had heavy periods due to fibroids and adenomyosis. The lining of my uterus was always thick! Even up to 21mm even though I was bleeding constantly! My Dr also did a biopsy and it was normal. Try not to worry too much until you have some actual data in front of you. I know that’s easier said than done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2021, 02:18 PM

Hi Moth2Flame. So sorry to hear you are having difficulty. When you go in for your appt ask the Dr if you are a candidate for the robotic hysterectomy. The downtime is minimal and while there are precautions, its better than being in pain. I dealt with fibroids for 10+ years holding on to my uterus because i thought i would have a child but i was not blessed with one. I never worked out regularly because my fibroids cause me pain 2 weeks out of the month every month. My surgery was 3 years ago and it's been so freeing! I'm working out 3 times a week, have lost weight and I have ZERO regrets. Also, your overall health could probably benefit from a natural CBD product. I have one I can recommend if you are interested. It's legal and life changing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register