Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 - Page 138 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007 Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

Unread 03-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 26-Apr 02,2007

OH MY its great to hear from every one. I miss our little chats and having to run to the computer all the time to check up on every one. Well what can I say I AM A NEW GRANDMA for the 1st time. HE is wonderful. He has brought so much love and meaning to my life. I have healed well. I can't believe it has almost been 1 year. Has anyone calculated the savings on pads? LOL... I am currently off work and have been since 10/25/07. I had squamous cell carcinoma on my right leg and had to have 2 skin graphs to get rid of it. They got it all but I still have an open wound.

Great hearing from everyone
jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk83
I started a new thread 1 YEAR March 27th - I hope some of our other Sisters check in!
I could not find the new thread you started. It's been so long since I've been here that I had to have my name and password e-mailed to me. I forgot the periods (lol - no pun intended!) after the I and the M in my member name. It's so nice to forget about all kinds of periods!

As you can see by the date and time I am typing this message that I am still having sleep issues. I would probably get to sleep sooner if I stayed off this computer so late, but I've always been a night owl and not a morning person at all.

Yes, I was thinking about my own one year anniversary - March 30. (That seems like a lifetime ago.) I still have some numbness to the right side of my incision. Anyone else still have numbness?

I hope everyone is doing well and will be able to check in and report on what's going on with them.

This is the way I've been feeling lately. So I will talk to you soon.
Unread 03-09-2008, 11:41 AM

Colls, good to hear from you! Yesss.. very erie! Some organs may be missing but we still have ESP going! I will write more later but I wanted you to know that I got your message. I hope we hear from others, too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2008, 08:10 PM

Hi Sisters,
I got a note in my email that said you gals were active. I decided to check in.
Whatcha all been up to? I was supposed to get a teaching Internship, but...... good ol' Arnold Schwartenegger and his budget cuts have scared off any potential employers. I have started the Credential program. I just got back from a 3-day conference (California Council for the Social Studies.) Sound boring? It was anything but.....

I have a new "interest".... I won't post it here as it could be "googled" by just about anyone. So, if you all want to hear about her, send me a private note and I'll explain.

It was nice reading about you all.

Sophia (E)
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:00 AM

Happy Hysterversary to my very special HysterSisters. I will never forget those fun days we had, in pain and yet enjoying our cyber conversations. Now we are all back to our "normal" lives. It's cool how we remember each other so fondly!

As for me, I remain thankful for my surgery and have not once regretted it. I do wish my surgeon could have cut a straighter line (LOL!), but if that's the worse she did then all is well. That annoying incision numbness finally disappear a couple of months ago. I love being uterus-free! Since I still have one ovary, I have plenty of hormones and can sense my cycle each month. I kept off my pre-surgery 30lb weight-loss and am working on losing the next 30 pounds.

My post-surgery back injury continues. My right leg remains partially numb and my lower back is often quite painful. It's all livable and I rarely take pain meds, so I'm thankful that things aren't worse. It's too soon to consider surgery...and I'm not anxious to ever have surgery again!

I'm trying to decide if I should renew my membership. I want to and I know I should help out new members, but I'm afraid I'll forget about it, never post and waste the money. Did someone mention that they have a thread going? Let me know. That might change my mind! Look forward to reading more messages!
Unread 04-13-2008, 02:32 AM
Hi Sisters!

Hi there, I found the other posting so I posted there.

But I just wanted to say I am finally feeling great! It took about 7 or 8 months to really get my energy back. It also took about 7 months for the soreness to subside. Still have it now and then but not everyday. I feel like I have my life back.

It was great to read your posts and see how you are doing. I will never forget all the support and laughs and tears we have shared. It is hard to believe that a year has gone by. Let's stay in touch.

I love my hystersisters!
Unread 04-13-2008, 04:14 AM
Congratulation, good to hear you're doing so well!

Hi,
I live in Australia and my first anniversary was 27th March this year. Oh boy what a year, but to get to where I am now is a good feeling.
I am far more health conscious, I have lost 9.5 kilos and 4cm from my waist. I have been on a slow and successful diet, and go to the gym at least 3 days a week.
The old swelly belly has finally subsided. Yeah!!!!!
I must say I do enjoy the fact that my life is no longer hindered by what part of the month I am at. I have heaps more freedom, a better sex life and am felling sooooo much better.
I hope all others that have reached their first anniversary are having also a pleasant experience post hysterectomy.
Well ladies (fellow hystersisters) I wish you all the best and good health and happiness for the future.
Janet xx
Unread 04-13-2008, 10:22 AM

Greetings to all! I celebrated my one year anniversary on March 26. I must say that I feel so much better since my LVH/BSO. My doctor sent my ovaries for tests and found that I had the start of fibroids in them. My hysterectomy was recommended due to abnormal paps, two previous cervical cancer cell removals, multiple treatments for ovarian cysts and adenomyosis. My doctor was great and gave me a couple of options before suggesting surgery. I was in so much pain, she barely got the words out before I said "do it". The decision was an easy one for me and I am so thankful that I did it. I was fortunate enough that she was able to do my whole surgery laproscopically. I had three small incisions, all of which have healed so well that you can't really tell where they are. I was so blessed to have very minor side effects... a bladder infection and a mild yeast infection caused from the antibiotics for the bladder infection. Other than that, I had nearly no post-surgery pain. I really have no side effects from the surgery and I am still using the climara patch every week.

My doctor does recommend to have yearly paps done even if you have had a complete hysterectomy, especially if you have had abnormal paps in the past. I would highly recommend talking to your doctor about continuing your yearly pap smears.

Best wishes to all of you!

TA
Unread 04-13-2008, 02:13 PM

Hi everyone!
I also celebrated my one year anniversary on March 30th.
It is hard to believe that a year has passed.

I am doing well. But it took about 8 months to get my energy back.
And my incision is STILL numb but I can deal with that.

I am taking Premarin and have not had a hot flash once!!

But I still feel PMSy once a month. I find that strange since I have nothing left. No ovaries, uterus, tubes, nothing, so how could I feel bloated and crampy?? The doctor isnt worried so I guess i shouldnt be but it is weird. Does anyone else get PMS symptoms?

I continue to do my 3 month check ups and so far, one year cancer free!!!!
Only four more years to go.

The emotional part is what is taking its toll on me, though.
Every 3 months, I hold my breath, and dont let it out until the doctor says that the pap is negative. I still shake and tremble when i go into his office.
Hopefully that will pass with time.

I hope everyone is progressing nicely since their surgery.

Keep in touch.

Lisa
Unread 04-13-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrlisa2006
Hi everyone!
I am taking Premarin and have not had a hot flash once!!

But I still feel PMSy once a month. I find that strange since I have nothing left. No ovaries, uterus, tubes, nothing, so how could I feel bloated and crampy?? The doctor isnt worried so I guess i shouldnt be but it is weird. Does anyone else get PMS symptoms?

----While I have my ovaries, unlike you, I DO still get PMS symptoms, too. I thought it was weird, too. But.......----

The emotional part is what is taking its toll on me, though.

----I bet. Sorry to hear about your "pins and needles".----

I hope everyone is progressing nicely since their surgery.

-----Yep. I was one of the lucky ones. -----

Keep in touch.

Lisa
My response is in between the lines above. Will do---keep in touch.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register