Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Unread 05-19-2007, 10:48 AM
blondie66

My DH and I were never able to have children and since my tvh/bso on 5/3, I, too, have been teary eyed. I have actually cried and stressed and worried and thought more about children than I did when my DH and I began our journey almost 20 years ago. It has been difficult. For me, I think just the stress of the surgery, physically and emotionally plus adjusting to nhrt, combined with feeling confined at times to home, not working out (missing those endorphines has all added to these bluesie-type feelings that I am going through. Yesterday was a great example. I cried to my mom on the phone, cried in the car, cried to my DH. I didn't have any one particular reason. Didn't actually need a reason. I just didn't have a good day and I felt like crying. Please consider talking with some one, your DR and husband, family and friends and please continue to post here as we are all here to help each other through this. It is hard but I pray for you that God will comfort you in peace and healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2007, 10:54 AM
katzz3

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzz3
I hear you on the crying spells. Cried non-stop for two weeks straight until I realized that I had not had a cigarette since I had gone in for the operation. I ( and everyone else who knows I smoke) thought that this would be a good time to quit...WRONG! It's hard enough coping with recovery after major surgery without trying to deal with the psychological aspects of nicotine withdrawal. Told myself to take one thing at a time - heal first, deal with the smoking later - have only the occasional crying jag now. I am most definitely NOT advocating this disgusting habit, just saying that it was impossible to go through two major changes at the same time. My sister who had hyst. 18 years ago said that it was normal to be grouchy and crying for no reason - she said that remaining hormones ( I have one ovary left)are just trying to readjust themselves and that it will get better in time. Also trying to determine why certain things make me cry and deal with the issues surrounding that. I find that as I heal physically, I am starting to heal emotionally - dealing with and letting go of all the extra baggage I was carrying around before. Most things I can change, other things I just have to accept and everything in my life seems to be falling into place a little more each day. HE certainly does work in mysterious ways!!

Hang in there!! Think of this time now as a cocoon and when we emerge, we will all be butterflies!!
We will be butterflies! That was very uplifiting, thank you.
Unread 05-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 30-May 07,2007

Thankyou both so much for your support and prayers. I did not even think about the giving up smoking aspect of it affecting me. I also have not had a smoke since the operation so clearly that has some impact too. Thanks for your understanding and allowing me to open my heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2007, 07:47 PM

Hey sisters! Haven't been on for a couple of days. My computer crashed. I just bought another one and got it hooked up just now. I've missed you all. I am post-op 17 days and doing really well. I still get tired after a few hours of going places, but I'm getting around pretty well. I think the hardest part is trying to do NOTHING. I hope everyone is doing well.
Unread 05-20-2007, 09:37 PM

Hello again. Haven't been on for a while. Glad to read that most sisters are feeling better everyday. I am feeling really great, but find that if I am standing or walking for very long I feel a lot of pelvic pressure. Is this normal? Dr has removed all restrictions except lifting and sex. Also, is anyone else choosing to not take hormones? If so, would love to hear how it is going.

Crazy Diamond
TVH BSO 4/30/07
Unread 05-20-2007, 09:42 PM

Hi friends
16 days post op and I am beginning to feel good! Is anyone having headaches? I had my 2 wk on Thurs and things look good, just have to keep still for a few more weeks. I have to say what a blessing this site has been for me to read and share in everyones experience. It helps me to stay focused on the positive! Thanks girls!!!!
May you all have a wonderful day today!
Unread 05-21-2007, 06:23 AM

Morning Ladies,
18 days post-op and I supposed to be at a family renuion next Saturday 3 hours away. I will be 3 weeks this coming Thursday.My DH is driving and we booked a room for the night/day....I am concerned about the travel aspect of it not too worried about the reunion.. I feel comfprtable saying hello and going to the hotel. We are taking my mother with us or we wouldn't be going.
Has any one else done a car trip at 3 weeks out? Or is this too optimestic?
Thanks
Unread 05-21-2007, 08:23 AM
3 week check up today!

Today is my 3 week checkup

last night was a bad night, I woke up in the middle of the night with pressure. not sure how to describe it except that it hurt like a *****. I thought it was because my bladder was full so I relieved myself with no changes. Im wondering why now? I am also back to having painful BM's and when I pee. I was doing so well and now I feel as if I have taken a step backwards. I see some of you are having headaches too, mine are due to the pain meds mostly. Im ready for all this pain to just go away......
Unread 05-21-2007, 08:31 AM

Hi Hun

I am almost 3 weeks post op & still having bladder problems. I seem as if i need to go
to the loo several times & it's also painful when i pass urine. Everyone keeps telling me
this is normal & it will get easier.
Hopefully as each day passes our symptoms will ease.

Take Care

BEV IN THE UK XX

TAH 02 MAY DUE TO MULTIPLE FIBROIDS
Unread 05-21-2007, 08:46 AM

Good morning. Just got back from walking a mile at the park. It was at a slow pace, but I did it. I see several of you are still having bladder problems. My doctor put me on an antibiotic and that helped alot. She also said to drink alot of cranberry juice. Its still not where I would like it to be but it has improved greatly. I think I over did it this weekend, kind of sore all over. Wore my jeans yesterday, big mistake. My stomach is sore from the compression. I'm glad we are in this together. Have a great day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register