Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 - Page 48 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Unread 02-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 04-Feb 11,2008

Hey ladies...just checking in with a short update on my progress...

Yesterday evening I felt a few little spasms in the general area of my left ovary and each time I jumped a little. Was a bit startling, but after a few minutes it stopped. Weird!

Today I put on a pair of my regular panties (bikini cut) and they felt just fine. After a few hours they did feel a bit tight, but I'm glad I could wear them at all! Next I will try a loose pair of jeans. I don't have any nice sweats that I can leave the house in.

Next goal is to see how driving feels. Need to get out of here for a bit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2008, 07:54 PM

Hey everyone,

Ok, this is something that I'm having trouble figuring out.... it's really dumb and trivial, too. HAHA!!

I have seen people who have had surgery on the same day as me (Feb. 4) say "they are almost 3 weeks post-op". Yet, I think I'm just about to start my 4th week post-op.

I know this is all just semantics, but when I see someone say "they are almost 3 weeks post-op", to me, that makes me think they are in their 2nd week right now and about to start their 3rd week.

I know, I know... such a dumb trivial thing to think about, but my husband and I were even talking about this over the weekend.... I overheard him say on the phone 2 days ago to someone, "Kathy is 2 weeks into a 6 week recovery".... I then said to him, "No, I'm 3 weeks and just about to start my 4th week!" haha. But, then my husband said since I wasn't at my 21 day mark yet that I can't say I'm 3 weeks yet. Hmmm.... but I am IN my 3rd week.

So, maybe I should just start only going by days... tomorrow, I'm 21 days post-op, which IS 3 weeks.... but to me, 21 days is not almost 3 weeks, it IS 3 weeks, and as soon as I hit 22 days, I'm now into my 4th week.

Am I on drugs?? (Ok, bad wording since I did JUST get off my Percocit), but am I just really not getting this, or is saying, "I'm almost 3 weeks" and "I'm about to start my 4th week" the exact same thing, but said in different ways?

Ok, you all can hackle me now for asking such a rediculous question that is so incredibly trivial.... haha.

What do you guys think??????

Oh the things I have time to think about when I'm recovering from surgery and laying around a good share of the day. haha!!!
Unread 02-24-2008, 07:55 PM

Good Evening ladies -

Thanks for all of the warm thoughts and encouraging words today. Thankfully, my pains have eased off through the day and now pretty much gone. I started out on the sofa, but soon enough was u[ doing a few things around the house (laundry, cleaned the bathroom, took out some trash, and wrapped a b-day present that is a week late already).

Then a big roadtrip around the town to: 1. Post office to mail a b-day gift 2. Grocery store to get ingredients to make some pot roast and veggies for dinner 3. Drug store to get some new eyeliner (and also some yummy cadbury easter eggs). Then I started the pot roast and went out for a nice slow walk - about 2 miles total.

Feeling pretty good to get a few simple things accomplished and not feeling too tired. I shared my dinner with a friend and we had some wine, so now I feel really relaxed.

I took the steri-strip off of the incision that is right below my belly button. Don't have the guts to remove the other two yet. Now the one is itching like crazy and it is hard to keep from scratching. I think I'll just let the other 2 come off on their own - which at this rate could be next year sometime!!

I hear what everyone is saying about taking it easy and I agree. I can't stop going to work now, but I will really really focus on moving slowly, keeping the stress in check, and trying to plan as little as possible on the weekends.

Sheesh - how did it get to be 10:00 already!! Guess I should be heading to bed.

See ya'll tomorrow!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2008, 09:04 PM

Oh! I forgot to mention! Had I think my 3rd "O" tonight...and it was just fine. I do try to keep it somewhat subdued, though...no full-body shakers yet.
Unread 02-24-2008, 09:35 PM

Wow it sounds like most of you had a busy day today. I am feeling fine but I feel the tugging sensation at my incision. I just decided to take it easy today and the only thing I really did that was productive was get caught up on my school stuff (yaaaaaaaaay!). The one good thing that happened was my constipation seems to have stopped and I have had several trips to the bathroom.

What are these support panties? I have just been wearing thongs lol. That is pretty much all I have except a few pairs of granny panties I had hubby grab at Walmart after I cam home. They are a size large (I am a size small) so no support and actually more annoying than helpful. When I am just staying around the house I dont wear any at all and my big huge flannel jamies and it is very comfy.

I am really starting to get my appetite back in a big way! I am eating much more now and I am hoping with the lack of activity it does not end up all in my belly! I lost a total of 8 pounds after surgery and the hospital and I like the weight I am at now (well actually I would like to lose 7 more pounds).

I cant wait until my "shelf" goes away. My doc cut out my old c-section scar and gave me a nice free little tummy tuck. I want to see if my belly is flatter (even though it was pretty flat before the fibroids and adenomyosis got all crazy and enlarged). We are nearing our good weather season (lasts about 1 month) where it is hot but still to cold to swim. We don't swim in Phx until it hits the 100's plus! So I have a bit of time before bathing suit time. Listen to me I am sounding shallow... But I really do want my figure back.

Well I am off to watch yet another movie.... O Joy!
Have a great night all.
Cindy
Unread 02-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Doing well....but worried

Hello friends,
I had a TAH w/BSO with the DaVinci Robot on Feb,6,2008. Feeling pretty good no pain. No major issues. I'm just alittle tired. Started on Premarin this week no issues with that. Just worried because I'm being released to go back to work on the 5th of March. I work 12 hour shifts in a Emergency Room. Just concerned about all the walking and stress. Any suggestions? Thanks....
Unread 02-24-2008, 11:28 PM
On the Mend...

LAVH-BLSO was Feb 7th! I was fairly relaxed as I checked into the surgery unit. My Hubby, sister and dad stayed with me until "The Time". Like many others, I too got on the table myself in that freezing cold, tool laden room! I was out in seconds! Woke up in recovery-zonked-woke up in x-ray room with nurses saying "roll to your side" yeah, easier said than done...they had to make sure no damage was done to my bladder. Apparently I also had a problem with intabation tube and they used a Fastrach (crazy-sore throat) which took longer than normal and then Dr had challenge with ovary removal etc. and I was under an extra hour+ for a total of 4 hours! BUT, I was SO HAPPY I never threw up!!! Last surgery I was very ill after anesthesia. I felt a little pain but became good friends with my morphine drip! I'm 2 weeks PO and am OFF all meds with the exception of occasional ibuprofen. I still get really tired and try to nap each afternoon. Did anyone else have the horrible nightmares while taking the morphine? Oh my gosh, I had several restless nights! I walk daily but only short trips! Tried going to store with DH but lasted 10 minutes and got an electric cart!!! Too soon I guess... I am tired of not doing my regular routine around the house. I go back to Dr in a week and hope I get a "good report". Thank you to EVERYONE on this site! It calmed me SO much before the surgery and has given me a great forum to learn about other ladies recovery challenges and helpul info! Blessings to All.
Unread 02-24-2008, 11:47 PM

Well, I got that fever, Ding dang! Hospital for me this evening, I just got home. Toredol, is just yucky!! They gave me that for pain. I will post more in depth in the a.m. Quick version~ I have a vaginal abscess, that has ruptured. It is up by my cuff. Antibiotics and a visit to my Dr. on Tuesday.
Will elaborate more later, oh and I absolutely hate that hospital. Take Care sista's
Unread 02-24-2008, 11:49 PM

Dawn.... oh no!!! I'm so sorry. I hope this will be an easy fix and nothing more serious than it is now. Please keep us all posted. Write when you can.

Take care!!!
Unread 02-25-2008, 01:00 AM

I am allergic to aspirin. They gave me a shot of toradol and I had itching all over......the nurses insisted it was just red from me scratching. Well in the mornin my sugeon informed the nurses that toradol is aspirin based and we will have no moe of that. HA
My nurses were the worst, they were nurses from hell. I use to be a nurse, so I think I am a rather good judge. I was ashamed of them.
However despite those nasty fools....my surgeon was excellent and I am 3 weeks on Tuesday post op and getting better each day....tired yes....but doing great!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register