Hi, just an update - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi, just an update Hi, just an update

Unread 03-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Hi, just an update

Hello Maria, It's good to hear from you. I think of you so often and I continue to pray for you. Six weeks is an awfully long time to be in the hospital. If you'd been in the US, no doubt you would have been discharged by now! I'm glad that you're able to walk around and explore. I'm sure the boredom gets to you. I do hope that everything will clear up and you can go home to rest and continue recovery. You are such a wonderful, brave, expressive woman. We are all blessed to know you. God bless you my friend as you continue to heal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2004, 03:53 AM
Hi, just an update

So good to see your post. Its great news that you are getting stronger and able to go exploring. You have been through so much.

take care
Sheila
Unread 03-25-2004, 04:43 AM
Hi, just an update

Hi, Maria,

Happy Spring to you!! It's so good to hear that your health continues to steadily improve.

Perhaps you should inquire whether the hospital would be willing to keep you on as head of their security department after your discharge?? Sounds like you already have thoroughly explored every square inch of the hospital and would be just perfect for the job!!

Be well and take care.

MoeKay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Hi, just an update

Dear Maria,

Guess who posted the Erma Bombeck thing? That would be me! glad you liked it. :-) I don't remember who sent it to me. I think one of the girls from my young adults cancer support group.

Anyway, I cannot even begin to imagine your complete and utter hospital boredom. Even walking through three or four floors is still pretty boring. If a doctor or nurse will explain what they're doing to you, then it gets a bit more interesting. Still, I know you will be so happy to leave those hospital walls behind and get outside to enjoy the sunshine and birds.

I spent a lot of time watching birds when I was going through chemo and staying at my parents' house. I was in so much pain and I couldn't move for hours at a time, so I just sat outside and watched the birds. I also read some bird books. My dad loves to talk about birds all the time, so he would come outside and point out little birds that I didn't even notice before. I don't think I'd ever paid that much attention to the birds before, but now I just love them.

There is the funniest bird that lives outside my apartment. He is a nocturnal mockingbird. He starts singing at around 10:30 p.m. every night, and if you wake up at 3 a.m., he's still singing. It is the funniest bird! My neighbors and I talk about him (or her) all the time, because he's LOUD. But he is so cute, and his song reminds me that there is so much to be appreciated in life. I look at trees and flowers and dogs differently now, too. Each moment has to be appreciated.

I hope they're able to sort out whatever may be inflaming your kidney, and get that leak stopped. Any thoughts on when you can get outside? Do they have any idea when you might be able to go home? How long until they recreate a canal for you? Yay! More surgery! I'll bet you're so excited about that.

Anyway, my dear Maria, thanks so much for writing to us. We all love to hear how you are doing! Many s from California!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register