ok...scheduling surgery after the holidays..now have an enlarged uterus..(ugghh) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ok...scheduling surgery after the holidays..now have an enlarged uterus..(ugghh) ok...scheduling surgery after the holidays..now have an enlarged uterus..(ugghh)

Unread 11-12-2003, 02:49 PM
ok...scheduling surgery after the holidays..now have an enlarged uterus..(ugghh)

I have been lurking on here for quite a while. I am 40 yrs old and a single mother of two great boys. I have been avoiding a hysto for almost 3 years now but I think its time. My father's sister died last year w/cervical cancer and I don't wish to be in that same boat.

My history includes: starting my period at the age of 9 (yes thats nine!)....periods used to be short....far apart....tried to conceive in my 20's....first son took 6 years w/fertility drugs...in that 6 years had 5 surgeries to laser off endometriosis and cysts etc....both boys were C-sections (thats 7 cuts now!)....had tubes tied 8 years ago when last son was born....periods were 15 days out of 30 for a long while...dr put me on the patch to help control the bleeding...now having spotting w/patch on....have migraines so severe had to get shots of demerol/phenergen to subdue them....severe pain at times on my L side...lots of insomnia...pelvic floor pressure galore... today she says my uterus was VERY big...no known reason yet...

so here I am, finally deciding to do this hysto thing...

I know the pain will improve, there's no doubt in my mind. Its just hard taking 6 weeks off from work when you are a single parent. I do have a sweetheart (met him online in April as a matter of fact! He will help me in any way shape or form before and after my surgery I know. He is SUPER! My one fear is that sex will not be as enjoyable. I know thats a silly thing to worry about now w/everything else going on....but we do have a great sex life. Its something I never had in 16 years of marriage before and I don't want to damage it. Did any one else have any issues in the sex department afterwards? Did it improve or get worse? What about time off from work...was 6 weeks long enough?

Thanks for any/all help,
OH75
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2003, 07:21 PM
Welcome Oh75,

I am sorry you finally have to have surgery, but glad you chose to come here to this site.

I took 6 weeks off to recover, I had a TVH with rectocle repair. It depends on the surgery you have and how you heal. The average time is anywhere from 6-8 weeks to heal initially and up to 1 year to heal completely. I was a slow healer. I didn't feel good till about 12 weeks, but that was me.

The sex thing was good, if not better and it just took time because I healed slow inside, and everything worked out.

Here is something to read on this subject:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsarticle.php?id=96914

Take care and we are here if you need us.

s
Unread 11-14-2003, 02:35 AM
new news now...

I had a ultrasound today....now I have not only an enlarged uterus but its tipped severely..?? Two good sized cysts were also discovered...

Maybe I shouldn't have put this off so long....the back pain I've had has been unbearable at times...and I truly just thought it was my back....geesh! Ya learn something new everyday....!

thanks for the response/support,
OH75

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register