Upcoming hysterectomy 2/12: Finally happening | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 2/12: Finally happening Upcoming hysterectomy 2/12: Finally happening

Unread 01-27-2018, 09:19 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 2/12: Finally happening

I have been waiting to get a hysterectomy for 2 years now. I went through every alternative method there is. I'm nervous about it all. I did my pre op earlier this week. I'm ready to go for Feb 12th. It's a long time coming, but I'm still super emotional about it all. I'm only 26, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I don't know what I'm babbling about, but yeah. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm getting a total hysterectomy. Keeping my ovaries. My doctor wants to use the DaVinchi on me. Hopefully it'll work out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2018, 04:22 PM
Re: Finally happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkacon69 View Post
I have been waiting to get a hysterectomy for 2 years now. I went through every alternative method there is. I'm nervous about it all. I did my pre op earlier this week. I'm ready to go for Feb 12th. It's a long time coming, but I'm still super emotional about it all. I'm only 26, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I don't know what I'm babbling about, but yeah. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm getting a total hysterectomy. Keeping my ovaries. My doctor wants to use the DaVinchi on me. Hopefully it'll work out.
Sounds like you've tried everything else first and didn't rush to this decision. I just had the daVinci TLH 5 days ago and kept my ovaries. It's major surgery so it's natural to be emotional and you're young (I'm 44). Just read this site as much as you can. The tips from members have been great for me. I love reading everyone's stories before and after surgery so I could have an idea what to expect. You are not alone. You are part of a great sisterhood that will be hear for you.

Good luck.
Unread 01-27-2018, 06:20 PM

I'm also young for a hysterectomy, though a bit older than you (I'm 32) but it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I'm a little over 2 weeks post-op and I feel great, better than I have in a long time and finally more like my actual age. I had a super easy and quick recovery. Like you will, I had a total hyster leaving ovaries, though not with the robot.

I hope your experience is equally good. There are always emotions before a significant surgery like this but I suspect you will be glad when you have made it to the other side after so much waiting and so many previous treatments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkacon69 View Post
Hi we are in the same boat. I am just counting down to February 9th. I am doing open abdominal. I cannot wait. I did a myomectomy in 2012 that provided relief until mid 2017. I did a myomectomy because i had a large dermoid cyst on ovary and was not a good candidate for DaVinchi or Laparoscopy method because of the size. My fibroids returned and are worst than beforw. The day cannot come soon enough for me.

Stay strong, keep reading the posts here. I love reading the post op posts. Very encouraging.
Unread 01-27-2018, 08:31 PM

I'm scheduled 1/29... much older than you... still so anxious and apprehensive. .. reading here and the kind encouraging comments of the ladies here is helpful and comforting... but the nerves come back... I hope and pray your surgery goes well and you get a new lease on life .. pray that for myself and everyone facing this obstacle!
Unread 02-18-2018, 07:35 AM

Hi. I wish you well and I hope all went ok. It is common for people to be hesitant and emotional especially when so young. Communicating here was helpful. Blessings to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register