panic/relief??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

panic/relief??? panic/relief???

Unread 08-09-2007, 03:38 PM
panic/relief???

i just found this group, and am bordering between panic and relief.

I've been having nearly constant bleeding for 4 months, varying from nearly nothing to the great flood. my doc and I have been back and forth talking about possible fixes, primarily ablation. i had an ultrasound tuesday, and after looking at it he's decided that other options are not options any more. i have 7 fibroids ranging in size from 3-7 cm, one large one at 12cm, and several 'questionable masses' including a large one near my right ovary...

We discussed it, and it seems that hysterectomy is my best choice. i'm 39 years old, and have no plans or desires for kids. He's told me he wants to do a horizontal abdominal surgery, as vaginal is not an option because my cervix is very high in, and tilted to the side and back.

i'm panicking some because i've never had surgery before, and also because he wants it done ASAP. like 2 weeks from today! sure it'll be a relief to get it over with, the cramping and bleeding is driving me batty, but still! AAAHHH!

i'm going back and forth right now between relief and tears, can't wait for hubby to get home, and debating whether i tell my parents for fear they're gonna want to come down and 'baby' me... GAH! don't know what's worse. fear of having my mother hanging around or ... ?? (love her to death, but gawd she drives me nuts on a good day!)

sorry, i don't know all the abbreviations, but i promise i'll learn. but hoping someone can help me figure out what's going on before i lose it totally.

thanks.
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 04:33 PM
panic/relief???

You know what...I am SO GLAD I DID IT! Sex is better, my life is better and I dealt with the no kid thing. I did want children, but hey, sometimes we don't get what we want.

Now my dr. said I was not a candidate for Vagianal Hyst because I have never had children and there wouldn't be enough room to get everything out, so I had a LSH. I kept my left ovary and my cervix.

Let me know if you have any other questions. You can just click on my user name and send me a private message if you would like

Take care,
Unread 08-09-2007, 06:48 PM
panic/relief???

do it.........I just had it done on 7-31 and I already feel better......you will be so much more happier, and life will be better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 07:04 PM
panic/relief???

Don't worry- you'll be fine- I have majorly huge fibroids- my uterus measures 22 cm- thats like a bowling ball! Those fibroids are causing all that bleeding. I too am having a abdom. hyst. next month- nervous too, hoping the pathology is benign----no reason to think that it won't be (except that the fibroids are fast growing- but so what-it happens), hoping I won't croak on the table, all these things go thru my mind.....but just try to remain calm. I had waves of near panic and I begged my doc for something "just in case" and he gave me a script for ativan (great stuff)...but I have only had to pop one so far.
I would tell you parents- especially mom- I know, so she drives you nuts, but you know what? You will need and deserve to be "babied"- let her- it's what they thrive on, really. Let everyone wait on you hand and foot- you will benefit and so will they.
Trust me, my moms a strict catholic and I am Lutheran and we have had to learn to get along, knowing what is ok to talk about and what is not, respecting each other and appreciating each other---even though we could never live together- thats for sure!
Tell you mom- really, you may be surprised.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register