Scheduled dVH/RALH I think my Uterus knows | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think my Uterus knows I think my Uterus knows

Unread 10-04-2013, 10:29 AM
I think my Uterus knows

OK, this is going to sound totaly crazy and im sure it just all in my head but im going to bring it up anyways...lol
Let me know if im the only one...

Since i scheduled surgery, my pain has been growing everyday. More cramping, shooting pains etc, i swear even my overies hurt. Im noticing more and more odd feelings.

And whats even odder is that i feel the need to protect them all, like not tightening up my stomach to look thinner (yes this is a normal daily thing i do..hehe) Being carefull when bending over or sitting down carefully.

Maybe the attempt to get ready for after surgery?

Maybe its just because im aware of what all is actualy going on inside me now and not just figuring its gas, etc?

Mabe im having some weird sympathy pains for all of my parts ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Re: I think my Uterus knows

Wow mine too!!! I hurt all the time. My back aches, my legs hurt, and I cramp just about everyday. And now it's like my period is worse than ever!!! Wonder why. I am thinking because maybe we are more in tune to our bodies now. Weird!!!! Any one else noticing this??
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:54 AM

Me too! Since being diagnosed with endometrial cancer last week it seems as though I suddenly have a whole new passel of pains. Shooting pain down my legs and into my stomach, ovaries 'throbbing'. Totally not expected!

And now that the surgery is 'booked' I'm feeling nearly incapacitated finding it difficult to walk, stand, or even sit for long. Gotta wonder how much is related to finally 'acknowledging' pain that had been ignored, how much is psychological, and how much is actual new pressure/pain.

If I didn't know that it was cancer I would think that I was having horrible cramps and intestinal issues!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2013, 11:11 AM

Oh my gosh - me too! I thought I was going crazy - but my breakthrough bleeding has been worse and I swear I feel much more cramping and pulling than I did. To the point where I even yelled at my uterus after yet another surprise round of "it's not your period, but let's bleed anyway just for fun" bleeding that it won't work and it can assault me from the inside as much as it likes, but I'm not cancelling the surgery.

Nothing like it when your 18 year old son overhears you yelling at your reproductive organs.

I think for me the pain is, in part, me just being more in tune with what's going on down there and less likely to write it off based on being out of shape or my back hurting. That was another thing, when my doctor told me a lot of my back pain was most likely going to be resolved after surgery - we hope. I'd always thought of them as two separate issues...so now I'm just blaming my uterus for everything.

Weird aside - I had a horrible nightmare the other night that after my surgery I was fired because it turned out all of my technical skills were in my uterus and once that was gone I didn't know anything about IT anymore. It was the source of my powers...crazy...I woke up freaking out it felt so real.
Unread 10-04-2013, 12:30 PM

Oh thank you everyone for responding - i am sooooo glad that im not the only one!!! I was really starting to think that it was just me.
I started my last period that im ever going to have last week and man it wanted to go out with a bang!! Worst one i think ive ever had.

PinkTech - im so sorry about your dream, that is the kinda thing that i have been expecting myself to have.
It amazing at how our minds link ourselves and our being to those organs.
I hope my very lower back pain goes away, i hadnt even thought about that...
Unread 10-04-2013, 12:52 PM

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I'm going through the same thing. My surgery is schedule for October 19, 2013. This is my last period only spotted but the pain was the same. It's been a week and I still continue to feel bad pain in lower right side, cramping, fatigue, constipation and bloating.

Pray you all get well soon!
Unread 10-04-2013, 01:07 PM

I had my TLH 15 days ago. My last period before my surgery was the worst one I had ever had. It was my uterus throwing a goodbye party I swear. I am so glad I do this have to worry about those pains anymore.
Unread 10-04-2013, 01:43 PM

Amazing! After I scheduled my hysterectomy at the end of August, I had a record-breaking 17-day period! I believe that the mind-body connection must be a real thing.

My surgery is scheduled in 3 days, and I am supposed to start my period in 4 days--I'm hoping my uterus doesn't try to act up again between now and then...but then again, it might help stave off my nerves by reminding me of why I am going to have this surgery!

My nerves are SHOT!
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:43 PM

I'm on the 11th too . I was working out pushing the pain deep in the back of my mind thinking the day was out of reach. I was feeling okish. Figured move forward... Then they called and said 16 days till surgery. I was optimistic. Kept working out then the days got to 12 and boom I'm feeling the stress haven't worked out worry fills my head, back to the heating pad after months of determination to stay away. I think knowing the end is near diminished the ability to suppress what we try to pretend we don't feel.
7 days and its counting out loud. Yelling at me... I'll get you my pretty... Teach u to evict me. Evil good for nothin organ ill b glad to c you go
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:50 PM

LOL...thats right..be gone evil one.
Hey!!! Maybe thats why we have started having even more pains etc.
Cause we need to be reminded why it needs to go... to help with nerves/worried we made the right choice etc..!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register