Possible Staging? Ok, now I am nervous. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Possible Staging? Ok, now I am nervous. Possible Staging? Ok, now I am nervous.

Unread 07-15-2015, 05:36 PM
Re: Possible Staging? Ok, now I am nervous.

Thank you so very much Peggysue, Wink, everyone! It has been a rough day with nerves. Did I say how happy I am to find this site?! What a wonderful resource. I will continue to follow up and keep you all abreast.I see that's important as I read through all the different threads. Thanks again....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper521 View Post
Hello, first real post here. Having a DaVinci hysterectomy, everything out. This is why: severe, prolonged periods, ovarian cysts that seem to come and go, for lack of a better term,and abnormally thickened endometrium. Also have a past history of abnormal paps. Have had, in order, -vag. ultrasound, -endo biopsy, -D&C w/ hysteroscopy. All of the above came back as "normal", so we tried Provera. Stopped the abnormal periods but could NOT tolerate at all. Irregular periods with flooding came back, last period was 6 weeks long after going about 3 mos. with no period.
Next step, my surgery. I want everything gone for peace of mind, and this is my Doctor's recommendation. He is a Gyn. Onc., highly accomplished, well-repected in the medical community.
Now to the post of my title. In very small print on some pre-surgical paperwork, think it's "for hospital use only" type, says "Robotic XI Assisted Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy POSSIBLE STAGING. What does this mean? I know it is cancer-related. I have pre op testing on the 21st, so can ask questions there, also, can contact my doctor with questions anytime, just thought I would ask here. I am pretty uptight about all of this, but having this site available really helps, lots of good info.
Sorry for the epic-post, made my first a good one!
I consented to possible staging also in case they found cancer on the Tumor. This way, they wouldn't have to ask my DH or wake me up to ask. Made sense. All was benign, so all good..
Unread 07-22-2015, 07:03 PM

What is staging?
Unread 07-23-2015, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura1967 View Post
What is staging?
Endometrial cancer is assigned to different stages depending largely on how far it's spread from its original location in the endometrium. Different stages have different survival outlooks and require different levels of treatment (radiation and/or chemo) after surgery.

Staging is the process of assigning a stage to a specific woman's cancer. It can be done roughly during surgery using "frozen sections" of tissue, but is always done more accurately after surgery using traditionally prepared sections.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register