Scheduled LAVH Would like advice on preparations - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Would like advice on preparations Would like advice on preparations

Unread 04-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Re: Would like advice on preparations

The only thing I would add to the advice above is this. Teach your hubby how to work the washing machine. He will be doing some laundry with the little one. I not only showed mine, I left written instructions as I usually do the laundry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2013, 09:51 AM

Again thank you all for your help I think I'm ready for tomm. all I have left to do is wash my sheets and do this GROSS bowel prep.. Letting DH sleep in today since he will have to be doing all the household work starting tom.
Wish me luck

Ang
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:41 AM

ask the hospital for their stretchable panties. they are very comfy and you won't have to go buy any. i had my surgery last week and have yet to have any bleeding but i know you can. i went ahead and bought some just in case. i would rather be prepared and what you don't use you can donate to a woman's center . good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesHeart View Post
Again thank you all for your help I think I'm ready for tomm. all I have left to do is wash my sheets and do this GROSS bowel prep.. Letting DH sleep in today since he will have to be doing all the household work starting tom.
Wish me luck

Ang
Good luck tomorrow!!! You will do great. And there's nothing nicer then climbing back into your own bed with fresh sheets on. Thinking about you tomorrow!!! See you on the other side!
Unread 04-08-2013, 04:33 PM

Good luck tomorrow, it'll be so much better for you once the surgery is over. See you on the other side.
Unread 04-17-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkylover View Post
My husband isn't the world's most ambitious cook, poor dear...so I made food ahead and put it in the freezer. Small meat loaf, made a pot roast, bought premade food from Costco, like their mac and cheese...and had a couple of weeks worth of food ahead, plus had plenty of fresh things for salad, frozen veggies...so all my husband had to do was assemble things. We aren't much for carry out food so this really was a good thing to have done.

I set up my laptop hook up in the living room, had yarn for knitting, magazines, a couple of good books from the library. Washed up my lap blanket and afghan...and resolved to not worry if my house wasn't quite done the way I would have liked...

I got a small LED flashlight to keep by my bed and that was a good thing because I seemed to need to go the facilities more often than normal.

Make sure you have loose things to wear, I loved my microfiber jamma bottoms or my flannel nightgowns...warm and soft and covered things nicely.

One thing I had that was a life saver! I had a small pillow that I would press to my belly if I needed to cough, oh my, that smarts and counter pressure sure helped! Plus I have very small dogs and they seemed to think I needed supervsion and the small pillow laying on my lap kept them from jumping on me...

We stayed in a suite at a hotel local to the hospital since we were from out of town and wanted to stay close for a few days after, can you say room service! A lovely fresh sandwich with a big bowl of fresh fruit was just the thing.. sat on the sofa and watched the flat screen,,,total decadence...
Oh, man. Coughing. I hadn't even thought of that. I have surgery next week and I'm still getting over some kind of bronchitis, walking pneumonia thing. This ought to be fun. :-p
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:41 PM

Oh do be careful - After each of my babies, I ended up getitng sick with nasty coughs, and each time I tore stitches down there (repairs to tears)...it was BAD. Please do your best to get well and ask your doctor what cough suppressant you can take - something strong like Delsym may be best!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register