Waiting Is The Pits!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waiting Is The Pits!!! Waiting Is The Pits!!!

Unread 03-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Waiting Is The Pits!!!

I have 8 days to go - and am off work all week for pre-op tests. Just want to say, as I pace my living room, all of the sisters here keep me sane. For those of us LIW - we can do this :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Waiting Is The Pits!!!

I am one day behind you sistah! My DH and I worked together today, cleaning (everything, total scrub down) fridge and freezer, some of the kitchen cupboards, vacuuming, dusting, etc., because he knew I would stress about it not being done. I had a very bad case of the flu last week, and he is worried about a relapse, so is making me rest this afternoon. I WANT THIS THING DONE!!! leslie
Unread 03-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Waiting Is The Pits!!!

I go in on the 15th to. My pre-op is set for Tuesday and I am so looking forward to getting this done. My pain today is very bad. I told my DH this am that the recovery can't be this bad, I can't walk today. I agree, waiting is the PITS. I am so anxious, but I have had a teary day. My emotions are way out of wack. I am happy and laughing 1 minute and crying the next. I have my spring cleaning almost done, except the windows and it's to cold outside to even worry about those right now. Good luck with your trip to the castle and let me know how you do.

God Bless
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Re: Waaaiiitttiiinnnnggg....

Hi HeadsUp7Up

I can feel your anxiety. I have 9 days to go, so you are a day ahead of me. Fortunately nobody said I had to take the week off, so I am planning on keeping my mind busy at work. My pre-op I will squeeze in somehow. Of course I should be "getting the house ready", but other than buying some stuff for the castle and the return, I am just goofing off after work, taking bike rides, and doing other fun stuff I won't be able to do for a while. I'm going to let DH deal with the cobwebs, etc.

That said, I still have a meltdown moment or two every day when I just get "scared" and need some HUGS from DH. I hope your family is also being supportive while you wait for your admittance to the castle.

Good luck, HeadsUp7Up -- I'll look for your first post when you get out.

Thank you sisters, these message boards really help !!!
Unread 03-08-2004, 04:47 AM
Pits

Well, we can all stress together...although my pre op testing is today...so right now I'm stressing that goes well - I'll let you know
Unread 03-08-2004, 05:08 AM
Waiting is the worst

itotally agree. i was supoosed to have a TAH/BSO on the 24th of Feb... but it got postponed. UGH!!I am going stir crazy. the surgery wil probably be this month, i really can't do much.. like volunteer or work.

Take care. This site helps keep me sane!!

naconi
TAH/BSO(LIW), lap, Pcos, stage iv endo, and ovarian cysts
Unread 03-08-2004, 05:28 AM
Ah E Ah Ah E Ah!!!!!

I`m not sleeping good,I am stir crazy and feel like telling them to forget it!!

Already had pre-op last week. They cancelled my surgery for last week now I`m waiting for new date.

Trying to stay calm and have faith but some days are just to much. especially when I have not slept good.

warm hugs everyone,good luck
Joniangel
Unread 03-08-2004, 05:59 AM
why?

A few of you mentioned your surgery was cancelled - may I ask why? I would have a nervous breakdown if mine were cancelled - LOL
Unread 03-08-2004, 06:17 AM
Waiting?!?!?!?!

I am scheduled for pre-op on Wednesday, and surgery on Thursday, been waiting for a couple of weeks. Aghhhh!! With four kids I don't have much down time to think about it all, but when I do it makes me crazy!! I have heard so much both way. Yes!!! The perfect solution and the "in" thing to do. NO!! You should consider every other option before doing this.

Makes me crazy!!

joanne
Unread 03-08-2004, 06:47 AM
surgery cancelled b/c..

i had a low platelte count. It was at 80k and the min. is 140k!! They thought that I might bleed out during surgery, so it got canceled.

My thoughts and prayers are with you sisters!!

Naconi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register