Well doesn't it just figure? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well doesn't it just figure? Well doesn't it just figure?

Unread 11-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Well doesn't it just figure?

Surgery on tuesday. Can't take any pain meds or anything, Gotta do a bowel cleanse tomorrow (WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!) and my stupid period starts today. I'm hurting like crazy! I called the on call doc who said I could take 2 advil, but no more than that today. I think my reproductive organs were replaced by an evil alien entity when I wasn't looking and this is their revenge for me removing them. RAAAAR!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2005, 06:51 PM
'revenge of the uterus'

it always has to get one last lick in. I think mine knows it's leaving tomorrow, cause it's been protesting all day too.
If uterus's were husbands, the police would come and remove them for abuse! lol
You aren't alone, I'm sitting on a heating pad right now posting this, and hoping a hot bath is going to help ease some of the pain, no meds for me also, as I'm going to the castle bright and early.
Unread 11-13-2005, 08:00 PM

Oh, I have felt your pain! Literally!!!! What got me through the last couple of days were ThermaCare patches. I found these to be WONDERFUL ~ kind of like portable personal heating pads. These made a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE to me, and you might consider trying them.

Good luck all of you Soon-To-Be-Princesses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2005, 08:03 PM

Thanks for the lovin', ladies. I'm using heat know and it is helping. I'm seriously considering asking them to keep the uterus frozen for me in a bag, so when I can finally jump up and down, I can jump on it and ask it how it feels. Ok, not seriously, but it's a funny mental picture.
Unread 11-13-2005, 08:29 PM

Oh froux... we maybe related! I wanted my doc to give me mine frozen so that when I was past my restrictions I could take a baseball bat to it! My doctor just laughed and laughed and told me NO... she would be sending that bad boy to pathology instead. When I picture myself doing this I am wearing my silver tiara wielding a baseball bat. Don't worry y'all I would NEVER do this, and I HAVE discussed it with my therapist. I SURE do understand how you are feeling though... and trust me, I don't miss mine ONE BIT!

I left the hospital 24 hours after I entered it, and even though I had just had major surgery, I was in less pain than I had been in the day before... This is the TRUTH! I did not realize just how BADLY I was feeling until I got rid of the pain.

Good luck women... I hope that you ALL have a similar experience to the one that I did. Please feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

Love,
Anna
Unread 11-13-2005, 09:14 PM

I can so relate! I started my last cycle the day before suyrgery and was in sooo much pain! When I went into surgery the next day, my blood pressure was so high they were ready to cancel surgery.. I kept asking to see my doctor and when she finally finished with the surgery before mine, she gave approval for them to start my epidural early to see if it would bring my BP down. Amazing- it went from stroke levels to normal within minutes. Even after surgery I haven't had pain that bad again! It was like a bad joke from Mother Nature.
Unread 11-14-2005, 05:38 AM

good luck with your castle trip....just figures that the alien would visit right before, huh? Oh well...it will be the last time it gets you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register