no stitches nor staples but glue!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

no stitches nor staples but glue!!!!! no stitches nor staples but glue!!!!!

Unread 07-10-2006, 09:20 PM
no stitches nor staples but glue!!!!!

hello all i went for my pre op today doc explained everthing and he said its all coming out even my appendix!! severe adhesions!! so if that wasnt depressing enough my mil said why is she getting surgery now she has dealt with it this long and said i am only doing this to lose weight i wish she could feel my belly the reason i had put up with it is because old doc never told me new doc found this pout he booked surgery 2 weeks later why is she being this way? i thought she cared about me but any way enough about her lol he is goung to fix my insicion from previuos c section so bumpy i had before and put in glue in my new one he is also going to fill my stomach with novacaine and attach a ball on the outside so i will be numb for 3 days pretty cool anyone ever had this?????? well good luck to allalmost 3 dys to go cant wait!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2006, 09:41 PM

this sounds like an awesome thing altogether. Can't wait to hear how this works out!!

Wishing you all the best for an uneventful surgery and recovery (like mine so far)

Love, Ruthie
Unread 07-10-2006, 10:16 PM

I had the numbing solution---it works great!

Good luck. You will do fine.

Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2006, 05:05 AM

Wow butterfly sounds like your doctor knows his stuff. Tell your mother in law (or outlaw) to take a hike. People can be so freakin annoying and judgmental. I don't think a doctor would do surgery on someone without reason??? (At least I would hope). I, like Ruthie, hope your recovery is as uneventful as mine too! I had mine on July 5th and feelin pretty darn good. All the best to you......
Unread 07-11-2006, 06:25 AM

Argh! Just the mere mention of what you mil said makes me :burning: Just do the best you can to ignore her for it's certain she has no medical background!

That procedure for closing sounds so cool! Can you believe I forgot to ask how my doc was going to close me up?

It's almost here!
Unread 07-11-2006, 07:05 AM

Girl, I sure do understand the mil thing. I appreciate your post and support. I will surely be thinking of you. I have had the glue before and its great...never heard of the novicaine deal..but hey I'd try it!!! Keep your head up girl, and keep taking the high road.
Unread 07-11-2006, 07:08 AM

thank you all for your support !!! i know my mil will regret her words later she will feel bad so im not to worried about her thats how she is but anyway will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers !!!!!! cheers to all july 11th ladies today
Unread 07-11-2006, 08:22 PM

Sorry you're having a hassle with your mil. I haven't had the novocaine but I had the glue for my laparoscopy. It was great.

Frances
Unread 07-12-2006, 12:26 AM

Hey way cool that you get to have the glue stuff!! I'm told it is really amazing technology . The numbing stuff around the incision makes a HUGE difference in postop pain management. I had that and it was fabulously helpful, I think. I still had 48 hours of spinal morphine pump and used every drop of it, I think, but I had a very large incision and a very complex procedure. (Put it this way: I lost almost sixteen pounds on the operating table. 'Nuff said.)

Sounds like you have a great up to date surgeon. That's wonderful!
Unread 07-12-2006, 12:32 AM

so you still had pain meds with the novacaine? did you have the ball? thank you for all your help!!!!!!!! im getting nervous was a cryer all day mil will feel bad for her remarks!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register