Feeling guilty but still scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling guilty but still scared Feeling guilty but still scared

Unread 02-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Feeling guilty but still scared

I am reading these posts by amazing women. Women who have had so many serious gynecological problems and are posting their stories, concerns, and triumphs on this site. The incredible women who are trying to juggle families and working schedules and those who are trying to go it alone.. Young women who are now going to go through early menopause and all the decisions about hormone replacement therapy and sexual concerns..Makes me sound like a total wuss. I am 59 years old and post-menopausal. I had scheduled my normal yearly exam last week, and was feeling great, doing fine. Now, a week and a pelvic ultrasound later, I find I am scheduled for major surgery. Very angry, very scared. And all I have to worry about is getting through it and worrying about 4 dogs jumping on my tummy while I recouperate..But want to let all you incredible women out there know that you are wonderful role models who give me strength and courage to get through this surgery on March 4th.. Thanks to all my hystersisters..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Re: Feeling guilty but still scared

Best of luck to you on your surgery. I have a total hysterectomy scheduled for March 10th, I'm 39. Update us on your progress. God bless.
Unread 02-11-2010, 10:39 AM

Best of luck to you. I have my hysterectomy scheduled for March 2.

I've had pain since sept so even though I'm looking forward to the surgery , I'm also scared , and worried at the same time.

This is a wonderful site and I'm glad you found it , not glad you are having surgery , am I making sense? smile

It's great to be able to talk and ask questions with the other sisters that have been through the same thing as us.

Let us know how you do.

Welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2010, 10:55 AM

dont feel guilty.. we all have our reasons for being here.. some are similar and some are not... however i can relate.. i have problems but doesnt seem mine are as severe as others and i kinda am like i shouldnt post.. but this is a support site..

we are all here for each other.. everyone has a different story.. a different reason.. but the site is for support!
Unread 02-11-2010, 11:16 AM

Hi kimmywoman

All of our stories are worth telling. No matter our ages or circumstances, the prospect of a hysterectomy can be a very emotional one, full of anxiety, anger, fear, and sadness.

I'm glad you found us before your surgery so we can help you prepare yourself for your hysterectomy. Walking this journey isn't always easy, and that's why we're here for each other.

Unread 02-11-2010, 11:37 AM

So, glad you are here with us for your journey. Your words are so kind they bring tears to my eyes. I sometimes felt the same way as you. But we are all her supporting each other so matter how we ended up here and everyone is so wonderful!
Unread 02-11-2010, 12:07 PM

I have been having severe pain and bleeding for 4 years now, and I have 3 boys to worry about (ages 11, 5 and 4). I'm so glad I have my hubby here to help me, since he is the only one who can help (all my family lives overseas). I'm also so glad I found this site, because I am trying hard to be brave for my boys. Worried sick that I'm making the right choice. I do intend to keep my ovaries if possible. My LAVH is scheduled for April 27.
I am 34 years old.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register