Scheduled TAH Upcoming hysterectomy 12/5: Transformation and rebirth | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 12/5: Transformation and rebirth Upcoming hysterectomy 12/5: Transformation and rebirth

Unread 11-16-2017, 06:11 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 12/5: Transformation and rebirth

Hello,

In the summer of 2015, I was informed that I had a large uterus with several fibroid tumors. At that time I opted to have a UTE in the winter of 2015, which did not get to the root of the problem. October 2016, I went to the emergency room due to severe pain, only to be told that it was due to the fibroid tumors. I struggled with this decision for a number of reason but mainly out of the fear of losing my womb, the unknown and change.

I'm at a point where the pain is constant, unbearable and complicates my daily routine of work, running errands, sitting and sleeping. My GYN did not rush or chastise me but shared that she'd had a TAH as well, and her reason was because she was tired of the pain. I understand what she meant by being tired of the pain. I have gave myself a year to think this through and I'm no longer afraid of the unknown and I am at peace with my decision to have the surgery. My thoughts are positive and my faith steadfast; having my family here to encourage and offer support is a gift and I am thankful. Anything can happen but my hope is to no longer be in pain and heal.

This site is providing me with a wealth of information and to all who've shared their thoughts, thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Re: Transformation and rebirth

Hi Lagrits4 -

I am glad you are at peace with this decision. Being in pain all the time is not a way to live, especially when there is a fix. You have pondered this carefully, and that is good.

Your surgery day will be here before you know it.

Unread 11-16-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagrits4 View Post
Hello,

In the summer of 2015, I was informed that I had a large uterus with several fibroid tumors. At that time I opted to have a UTE in the winter of 2015, which did not get to the root of the problem. October 2016, I went to the emergency room due to severe pain, only to be told that it was due to the fibroid tumors. I struggled with this decision for a number of reason but mainly out of the fear of losing my womb, the unknown and change.

I'm at a point where the pain is constant, unbearable and complicates my daily routine of work, running errands, sitting and sleeping. My GYN did not rush or chastise me but shared that she'd had a TAH as well, and her reason was because she was tired of the pain. I understand what she meant by being tired of the pain. I have gave myself a year to think this through and I'm no longer afraid of the unknown and I am at peace with my decision to have the surgery. My thoughts are positive and my faith steadfast; having my family here to encourage and offer support is a gift and I am thankful. Anything can happen but my hope is to no longer be in pain and heal.

This site is providing me with a wealth of information and to all who've shared their thoughts, thank you.

What a beautiful post! Won't it be so nice to not have to think about it coming up anymore and dealing with the health issues? It'll be DONE!

This site and the ladies who contribute are such blessings. And you sharing this peaceful and positive post are a blessing too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2017, 10:09 PM

I also suffered excruciating pain that sent me to the ER several times & finally decided to have the suegery. What a relief!!! No more living under that pain gun!! I appreciate how hard it is to make that decision though, but it sounds like it is time! Good luck & enjoy!!
Unread 11-16-2017, 10:13 PM
Thank you

Ms Scoopyloo Thank you for your words of encouragement and yes ma'am I'm ready to have this done and over with. In the spirit of unconditional love, I pray for the surgeon(s) performing our procedures are focused and allow their skills to assist us as we transform. Peace and light
Unread 11-16-2017, 10:23 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 12/5: Transformation and rebirth

Ms Marestail: Thank you for your encouragement as well, and yes ma'am I had to think this through and not back out like I did in the past. I'm ready to have this over and done with. Peace and light

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register