cramps like contractions......??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cramps like contractions......??? cramps like contractions......???

Unread 04-16-2004, 08:43 PM
cramps like contractions......???

i am having cramps that feel like contractions for the last 2 days.....i cant figure it out...it feels like a snake is squeezing me around my waist....just like when i was in labor??? anyone else have this happen?????? i am not supposed to start for another 2 1/2 weeks, but i started having cm 3 days after my last period.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2004, 07:49 AM

Hi, I didn't have anything like that happen so I can't share info with you. I think that maybe you should call your dr and ask about it. There may be something that you can do to get some relief.

Best wishes, please keep us updated on how you're doing.

s
Unread 04-17-2004, 07:54 AM

Hi,

Sorry you have bad cramps and at odd times. I had the cramp problem as well. The last couple of years my cramps got stronger(like labor pains) and lasting for longer time frame. I had cramps like this 2 weeks before my period and the week on my period. I lived on Advil. My hormones were out of whack , plus fibroids had develped the last year before my surgery.

I am cramp free, period free and loving it now.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2004, 12:45 PM

Labor pains seemed like a way of life for me. I could count of them showing up every month and making my life come to a complete stop for a week.

I also had the sensation of my crotch had been kicked severely (like it was bruised), backache, and just stuck in the bed (or couch) for days.

Surgery coming next week, and I can't wait. Be careful taking anti-inflammatories (N-SAIDs) because I took them for the pain for 2 years daily, only to end up in the ER with an inflammed duodenum! Now I can only take narcotics for severe pain, so I'm looking forward to my TVH. I don't want to live on codeine--its so addictive. If you have any stomach upset with the Advil, talk to your doc. You may be a good candidate for Vioxx--hope you have a good prescription coverage though, it is expensive!

Good luck, and you don't have to live in pain. Keep pushing the docs until you get an answer! It took me more than 2 years and 3 doctors to even get diagnosed, after being in pain for most of my life. Stick to it. God Bless!
Unread 04-17-2004, 01:02 PM

I am glad you asked that question. I just went through the same thing last week and lightheadedness for the past week. That is how I got to see the doctor. That is how he linked the problem. I only figure if we don't fix the problem the cramps like contractions would persist.
Unread 04-17-2004, 02:53 PM

yes i would get real bad cramps they would come when i was ovulating usally about 2 weeks before my period was due. i cant wait to get rid of this uterus! i take a half of vicoden when they start. it helps a whole lot . but i would call your doctor and let them know your having this pain.
Unread 04-17-2004, 03:33 PM

LMAO i give birth at least once a month......i can time, the labor pains.**yes i said labor pain* it is so bad. i am so very excited about doing this i know i will feel so much better.......
Unread 04-17-2004, 03:49 PM

I have a similar feeling. I feel like there is "congestion" downt there.

I don't have any bleeding. Just God-awful cramping and headaches. It is weird. I read other posts here & feel like I am lucky. But then again, what is going on with my pains ????

It hurts really bad in my lower pelvic area, the mound I guess you could say. And, should I have a climax, the pain is so intense afterwards, that I have quit doing that activity.

It is weird. A sharp, piercing pain at time of climax. The rest of the time, a feeling of fullness in my pelvic region that drags me down.

2 more weeks. I can't wait for them to biopsy every piece of tissue that comes out of me. But who knows ? Maybe I was just made defective, and nothing is really "wrong", I am just not quite right ????

I am 50. My menstrual cycle came in kicking and screaming into my body and is going out the same way. I can't wait to have my gyno cut it all out.
Hang in there !
Terri
Unread 04-18-2004, 09:47 AM

lmao sister im sure you are "just right" sometime s**t happens........i am as so excited as well
Unread 04-18-2004, 11:22 AM

Thats the way I feel most of the time, DEFECTIVE. Each and every month is the same, 2 weeks before I start, I am in pain. Cramps, the feeling like someone is in there with a knife just stabbing the **** out of me, headaches, migraines, and vomiting. I am like this for 3 weeks each month, about the time I start to recover from the last, the next is already here.
Vicodin is my BEST FRIEND right now, and I can not stand the way it makes me feel, all loopy and like a zombie. But they are what is helping me cope with pain until surgery. I only take them if I plan on not going anywhere, can't function right if I do.

kedi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register