Not Scheduled I'm 25 and waiting to schedule my hyst. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm 25 and waiting to schedule my hyst. I'm 25 and waiting to schedule my hyst.

Unread 12-05-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm 25 and waiting to schedule my hyst.

Hi, My name is Shantel, and I am 25 years old. I am seeing a doctor that specializes in hysterectomies this Thursday. I have super high risk pregnancies, I have been dealing with cervical cancer since I was 14, and I am now getting polyps (I think is what it is called. I have also had some issues with cysts through the years. I am considering an abdominal since my doctor is teamed up with a plastic surgical team, and I am wanting (if I can afford it) a tummy tuck done at the same time. I have wanted a tummy tuck since my first son (who passed away at birth). I figured since I have to lose my gift of giving birth, why not give myself a gift (if I can) to help myself. I am very nervous... totally scared. I am young and love having kids, but I realize since I have lost one son; and almost lost my daughter... having kids is not the best for me anymore. Someone please tell me everything I need to know. I think they are going to keep my ovaries, but I am sure I will find out for sure on Thursday. I don't know if I will bleed, I don't know if I will have menopause, I know nothing!!! All the stories I have read sounded so scary... but everyone told me csections, birth, and epidurals were bad (but they were not bad at all) Someone please help me!!!???!! :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Re: I'm 25 and waiting to schedule my hyst.

Personally I loved my csection now if im not mistaken.....my surgery is on dec 27...my dr might take 1 ovary...he said if he leaves one it will not throw me into menopause. If u leave your cervix you will have mini periods. Good luck
Unread 12-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Re: I'm 25 and waiting to schedule my hyst.

Shantel, I am so sorry you lost a child at birth. That is so sad! And I am sorry you are dealing with something like this at age 25. It is scary, but there is a lot of information out there.

My personal story is a successful one. I had a TVH in August 2011 and had no complications or problems since then. I was bleeding heavily and had polyps as well. I was sore for a few days after the surgery, and it took a while to heal, but I feel wonderful now. Having gone through this, I can say that even though I was scared, it wasn't horrible. My hospital stay was fine. I stayed one night and pretty much slept the whole time after surgery.

At home, you should have someone to help you. My husband took some time off work and then my mom came over for a week. By then, I was able to do a lot of things except lifting and bending. But my kids could carry laundry baskets and gallons of milk. I didn't go grocery shopping for about a month - passed on that chore to hubby.

I kept my ovaries so I didn't have menopause issues.

I hope things go well for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register