lvah nervous wreck | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

lvah nervous wreck lvah nervous wreck

Unread 12-05-2011, 08:34 PM
lvah nervous wreck

I'm 27 yrs old lvah less than 36hrs and I'm scared terrified and so nervous. Doesn't help when people ask me if I'm not scared to not wake up. Well I'm hoping for the best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Re: lvah nervous wreck

Hi there, girl ~ I, too, am having surgery 12/7. I was sooooo nervous about the anesthesia. I have never been put under before. But, we need to turn all our faith over to our doctors and our higher power. People have the strangest reactions! They clearly are not helping. Do you have a support system there for you? I will be looking for your posts to see how you are doing! Hang in there, it's going to be so much better!
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:05 PM

Hi ladies.... I was nervous too. That's completely normal! Once I got to the hospital and spoke to the anesthesiologist I felt so much better! Before I knew it they were waking me up and it was all over. Now I'm feeling great. No more horrible bleeding or pain! Best wishes and we'll see you on the post-op side!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2011, 09:21 PM

Cricket 1210 since our surgery will be the same day wish u best of luck and will be praying all goes smoothly will be looking out for ur posts. Support system girl I am my family's support system, but u ladies are great help. Dee2827 ty for sharing see u on the post op side
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:30 PM

Medicine has come a long way. I am so thankful for medicine that causes us not to feel a thing. Where would we be without it? We just go to sleep and the next thing you know it is hours later and we wake up feeling great! The nurses and doctors want to keep us comfortable. They give you IV pain meds or a pain pump that you control. You don't have to get out of bed to pee because you will have the catheter. That is a blessing too because you are tired and want to sleep anyway. You have to get up and pee after they take it out the next day though. The quicker you are on your feet and walking, the quicker the gas pain will go away. That is the worse part, but it is not constant pain. It is just gas moving around trying to get out. the sooner you pass it, the better you feel. The nurses will give you something for that too. No more painful periods and excessive bleeding! YAY!!!
Unread 12-06-2011, 03:49 AM

Sistershell summed it up very well.
I'd never had anesthesia or surgery in all my 62 years and was afraid I wouldn't wake up.
The anesthetist, and all the surgical team were so helpful - kind of matter of fact, humorous & reassuring, all at once and I felt quite calm when the time came to go into theatre.
Next thing I was awake and it was over! Somewhere I had lost about 3 hours!
You wil do fine! During the op. they are monitoring you constantly and you could hardly be in a more safe place.
Don't worry about the op. itself - they know what they are doing and have done thousands of them. Personally, I didn't want to know too much about that!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register