Going more nuts!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going more nuts!!! Going more nuts!!!

Unread 10-24-2003, 01:29 PM
Going more nuts!!!

I will try not to ramble. IM sure some of you have seen some of my posts. Im the one that canceled my sugery 2x because all the freaking "what Ifs".... Stephen King has nothing on me when I let my imagine run wild:eyes: So I finally decided after this last period >>>what I decide after every period.... to go ahead and have my TVH. It will be a year in Nov. since my doctor mentioned to me that would be his advice. I went in Sept. for my yearly and he said my uterus has gotten larger so he doesnt know if he can do the TVH.:hair:
To make matters worse I have some people telling me that my problems arent as bad as theirs which is true I dont have half the problems that alot of ladies are suffering from. But geesh whats a girl to do?????? I dont think my doctor would recommend one if it wouldnt help me and I got a second opionion and he agreed saying the same thing its up to me to decide my quailty of life.
I know if I hadnt had such a rough time with my gallbladder surgery this would of been done along time ago.
Well thanks for listening to me.....I really have found this web site very informational and a bit scary but always comforting!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2003, 01:51 PM
Going more nuts!!!

Having the surgery really is a personal decision between you and your doctors. It makes me so angry when people try to compete with your situation by saying they hurt worse or have more trouble. Everyone is different and feels pain differently so to try to compare pains...Jeesh...people! You need to do what is right for you.

How is your quality of life being affected by what you're going through? Is the risk of the surgery and the pain of recovery worth the probable outcome of painfree?

Depending on your health situation, sometimes you just have to wait till that one last period from he** and you say ENOUGH! That's what happened with me. My uteris was enlarged, ovary scarred and cystic, anemia and heavy bleeding. It got to the point that I lost at least half the month to my periods. That was my breaking point and I decided it was time. I had my LSH in June and I'm happier, healthier and more energetic than I've been in years. I would do it again in a heartbeat! The what if's and worrying were far worse than the pain of recovery for me. Plus when you are feeling the aches and pains of recovery, it's easier to take when you know there's an end in sight. At least it was for me.

You have to do what's right for you. You'll know when or if you're ready. When and if you are, all the Sisters are here for you!

Take care,

Amy
Unread 10-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Going more nuts!!!

Thanks Amy,

That reply really did help! Thanks a bunch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2003, 02:50 PM
Going more nuts!!!

Hi TX, I'm sorry that the "what if's" are so hard on you. I know that once you have gone through with the surgery (assuming that you will at some point) you will find that the before part of the surgery is not what you expected. You'll have read I'm sure that everyone says that the waiting and worrying is the worst part. I realize that you can't understand or believe that now but if I could just hold your hand and help you get through this I would. Quality of life is what we're all going for here. The surgery is not to be taken lightly, but I'd say for the most part, ladies are glad they did it and it's over.

TC
Unread 10-25-2003, 08:12 AM
From the other side...

I can really relate to your questions, especially wondering and comparing to what you've heard other people have gone thru. I did the same thing. I thought..."What I have isn't as bad as what they had. Maybe I'm not really in that bad of need of sugery." I put it off for 2 years from when my doctor originally recommened it. Finally this summer, after 3 months of really rough cycles and lots of pain, I went in for my check up. He said "Well, how are things going for you?" I started to say "OH, they are OK..." But then I corrected myself, and said "No they are not. I hurt. I hurt all the time. I have my cycles every 21-28 days and I get maybe one good week a month. I'm tired of hurting so much." He just smiled and said "Well, you know, we can do something about that if you are ready."

I am 3 days post op, now, and I have to say it was not as bad as I had imagined. I had a TVH for severe prolapse, adenomyosis, and a bladder sling for bladder prolapse and incontinence. So far so good. I'm on minimal pain meds, am sleeping OK--got 3 hrs straight last light! WOO HOO! and all in all feeling good with my decision.

It is a decision that only you can make though, and you'll *know* when it is right for you. ((((HUGS))))
Unread 10-25-2003, 09:55 AM
Going more nuts!!!

This surgery is very personal i think. it is up too the women..
i was told in june i should have it.and didnt make my mind up until sept or so. now im going in NEXT WEEK..AHHHHH
Anyway, nobody can make your mind up for you. and each person has a different tolerance of pain-so nobody can say what your feeling right?
This website answered alot of those "what if " quetions for me. take a look around maybe it will do the same for you. i will be having a tah-bso. Good luck and keep us posted.
I too have a mind that runs wild with "WHAT IFS"....i started saying "BUT WHAT IF I DONT HAVE THE SURGERY???" that helped alot too...
xoxoxo-
scotty

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register