emotional MESS - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

emotional MESS emotional MESS

Unread 12-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Re: emotional MESS

Hi Rhonda...I feel like you'd be in the minority if you didn't have pre-op anxiety!! I wrote earlier on this site that I broke down crying in Walmart buying post-op panties (talk about embarrassing)...then broke out laughing at myself. Talk about emotions all over the place. If you haven't participated in a live pre-op chat, you may want to consider it. I participated in 2 prior to my surgery, and it was comforting to be in a "room" with so many others who were experiencing the same type of things I was. I notice there is one scheduled the night before your surgery! "Fear of the unknown" is probably the most common and natural type of anxiety! I wish you well in the days ahead. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2009, 08:51 PM

Glad to know I am not alone here. My surgery is scheduled for 1/5/2010 and the thought of never having to purchase pads again made me smile.
Unread 12-01-2009, 10:29 PM

I had my surgery Aug 28th. I too had all the anxiety you sisters are going through! It is amazing what our minds will do if we allow it. I was 3 days post op and saw a tampon commercial and cried my eyes out. Lol not sure what that was about! However we as women are incredible and so are our minds hearts and bodys. You will be on the other side soon. My advice? Get your homes in order, make sure your families know you WILL NOT BE lifting a finger and your princess status will kick in the second you awaken from your surgery and then give yourselves permission to heal!!! You will all do great and we will all be here waiting to hear! Pamper the princess, love and healing hugs to all
Unread 12-02-2009, 01:31 AM

We all in one way or another have gone thru what you are,
Everyone deserves a meltdown! Just keep your eye on the prize---NO BLEEDING-NO PAIN! I know after its over you will feel better, if this big wussy can do it yall can too!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register