Scared, tired, and want this over! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared, tired, and want this over! Scared, tired, and want this over!

Unread 05-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Scared, tired, and want this over!

I go for surgery on June 10. I have alot of emotion going on right now. I have fear, I have the I really don't want to deal with this right now emotion, and I don't have time to be down right now. I am working full-time (and then some!) and busy with day to day functions. I have a hard time keeping up, as it is, let alone to have to have surgery. I am in pain all the time though, and there is a history of cancer in my family. I understand this is something I must do, but I had 3 C-sections and know a little bit about the pain ahead of me... I never liked needles, and I know they will poke and prode all over me again. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to this, but I know it is necessary. I am 38 yrs. old, but I feel I am too young for this to be happening to. I just want this over.... I just needed to vent tonite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2004, 08:59 PM

My surgery is June 1st, so I will be out of the hospital before you go in. I will be sure to tell you all how it went - I'm sure it will be fine, you will be fine.

I was trimming my overgrown rose bush today, and I was thinking as I was cutting off dead branches, that my surgury will be alot like that bush. Cutting out useless and problematic "branches" so that I can bloom in health.
Unread 05-29-2004, 09:29 PM

PJam, I understand your anxiety. I had my TAH on May 25th and I was also very nervous. Just know you will feel so much better afterwards. I had been dealing with bad cramps and heavy bleeding since December and couldn't deal with that any longer. Sure, the surgery & recovery is a stressor but just think of how much better you will feel after that!! Take care!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2004, 09:39 PM

i thank it is normal for everyone to fear a little because you will be going through the unknown because i had alot of fear but my preacher was there beside me the whole time and that really made me feel the presence of god with me but i will be praying for you and it will all turn out just try to keep yourself busy you will feel so much better after it is all done and over with and good luck
Unread 05-30-2004, 06:10 AM

My date is June 10th also! I can understand (as I know all the other ladies can) about being scared. Vent away!
Unread 05-31-2004, 07:51 PM

Thanks for the encouragement. I really needed to hear that someone out there really understands what I am feeling. I just get frustrated because my husband doesn't really understand all the pain I have experienced for so long, and why I am so tired. He thought I should be getting so much done before my surgery. He brought 150 lb of hamburger to put in the freezer Friday. He called me at work, asked if I was coming home right away, (All this after working full time all week) and told me I had all this work ahead of me. I did get it done. I make a hamburger sauce mix, and canned it . got 99 pints canned. I got 35 bags of hamburger in the freezer, and made 96 meatballs, and put them in the freezer for the kids to heat up when I am laid up. He doesn't understand I AM ALREADY TIRED and ALREADY IN CONSTANT PAIN and yet he is worried about getting all this stuff done because he knows I won't be able to do for awhile. I also cooked for everybody for Memorial Day, and a picnic on Sunday so my relaxing weekend (so called) was shot basically.
I go back to work tomorrow. I just wish he could understand that I need to rest now, because my blood count is so low, I even had two people donate blood for my surgery. Thanks for understanding, and I will keep you posted on how it goes.
Thanks for listening! Finally someone who listens to me.
Take care!
pjam
Unread 05-31-2004, 08:30 PM
Me too...

Hi PJam:
Haven't been on in a while- am 37- having surgery on June7- total and ovaries too. Have endo and have had a one c-section but many laparoscopies. Freaking out a little- mom has cance (battling for one year now) (uterine- tha has metastesized to the lung) know it's the right thing to do- but it's a big deal-
hope to hear from you-
Daline
Unread 05-31-2004, 08:38 PM

I understand the age thing.....39 here. I've noticed a lot of under 40 women here. I have also seen some in their 20's. I feel for them so much.
My Mom was 28 when she had a vag. hyst. for prolapse.

This is the place to laugh, cry, vent, get a hug, etc.... so vent away!

LIW Trina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register