bladder question and misc ramblings | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bladder question and misc ramblings bladder question and misc ramblings

Unread 08-10-2004, 06:28 AM
bladder question and misc ramblings

Talk about not having a clue. I had no idea that when they removed your uterus that they had to tack your bladder. What's that like? I know this sounds silly, but can bad things happen when they do that? I haven't had my pre-op visit with my doctor so I have been reading all the posts so I will know what kinds of questions to ask.

I'm not scared, but sometimes I get really sad at the thought of not being able to have kids. I lost my one and only one when I was 6 months pregnant and my doctor suggested we not try again. After some time and a lot of tears I came to terms with that and have a very happy life. I am 39 and would not be having them anyway, but there was always the thought in the back of my mind that I could if I wanted to. After the 31st I won't have that option and it makes me feel a little lost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2004, 07:01 AM
warning - child mentioned

I don't know about the bladder question, and will anxiously await a reply to that! But, I do understand how you feel about the loss of the remote chance for pregnancy, or just the ending of an era. I feel this way, too. We are satisfied with our family (one bio, one adopted). But, my period was always a hopeful sign, not just a disappointment each month. I am glad to be getting rid of the pain and bleeding, the pressure, etc. But, I will miss it somehow, too. I have not mentioned this to anyone, because they will think I am crazy. But, I can't help feeling it.

Please know that you are not the only one to experience some mourning. Good Luck!
Kathy
Unread 08-10-2004, 07:30 AM
bladder question and misc ramblings

I hear you. I had my tubes tied, have no conscious desire to have more children (I'm 44 and I have two) and STILL I feel a little sad about losing my fertility with such "finality". I can't help but feel that there's some sort of primal instinct in there, driving us to try to reproduce.

I wonder if women who go through menopause have the same feeling? Because if so, that means all women go through it at one time or another.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register