What about anesthesia & nauseau? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What about anesthesia & nauseau? What about anesthesia & nauseau?

Unread 09-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Anesthesia Problems

I was a week post-op this Tuesday. I've been feeling a little light headed, dizzy and forgetful since the surgery. Ocassionally I feel like I'm on a boat - without the sunshine, bathing suit and adult beverage I've have to wear my glasses all the time - t.v., reading, walking around... or else I get dizzy. Yesterday I woke up feeling pretty good. So, I thought this is the day for a quick little outing and my wonderful husband agreed that getting me out of the house would probably do some good. So I attempted a quick visit to the local grocery store. I wasn't there five minutes before I started feeling terrible, but being the strong-willed female that I am I felt that "I can do this, I can beat this; it will pass." It didn't. By the time we checked out with what little we had and made it the short drive home, I was dizzy,felt like any minute I was going to throw-up,got very hot and then ice cold (even to the touch), felt the energy just leaving my body,faint ... I called my doctor right away (during lunch hour) and had an appointment as soon as their lunch was over. I get back in the car to go to my appointment and the whole things starts again. By the time I make it to his office, I have to hold on to my husband's arm, I'm shaking uncontrollably... They draw blood (run all those test you hear on E.R and House), run a urine test, check my vitals and tell me we don't see anything external (duh). They think its a very bad reaction to the anesthesia or an internal infection. They put me on a dieartic (sp) and cipro, give me an order for a renal, abdominal and pelvic ultrasound (which is scheduled for tomorrow). Basically, they have no clue but their pretty sure its one of the two previously mentioned issues. Got up today, feed the dogs using me neat little claw, grasping tool (fun, everyone should get one they are great for chasing, slowly, the dogs around with), did some light kitchen cleaning and made some real oatmeal. I'm back in bed with the whole thing all over again. So, sorry I vented for so long. I'm going crazy. And to make matters worse I live in Texas (Austin) and we have to watch every move Rita makes. I need a Martini. Take care my sisters. Anyone with any advice I could sure use it. Love to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2005, 11:22 AM
What about anesthesia & nauseau?

When i had my larascope done they automaticly give you something for nausea at the hopital I am going to. But with my restless leg there are only about two that wont make the rls worse. So I have to be sure to give the hospital staff my med alert card that tells of the drugs that make rls worse and of the drugs I am on.
Unread 09-22-2005, 11:52 AM

I had general anesthesia for surgery. When I asked my GYN at pre op she told me they didn't want any chance for movement during the procedure because the bowels are right there and they want every thing to stay in place. Thats not to scare you, but for my GYN is was not even a choice for me. The scopalamine patch was placed behind my ear in the prep room just before surgery and was to stay on for 48 hours. The big issue for my anesthesiologist was my history of motion sickness. He said he didn't want me to have any problems post op. Now the fact that I have asthma was also an issue so I received steriods also. I did have significant dry throat with a persistent cough post op, that lasted for approx 3 days. It was hard for me and pain control but I did not have any nausea until week 2. Now I have this problem all of the time. I think it is from my Clamira Patch dose. We will see if I am right next week. Hope that helps you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2005, 12:07 PM

Dear premidlifecrazy,
I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell. You are early post op so give yourself time. I know Nausea and dizziness is hard to deal with.

Now about the Rita issue. I used to live in Texas - Three years in Bryan College Station ( DH is an Aggie Grad )
2 years in Austin ( Father in Law was a UT Professor), I still love Austin and would move back,
2 years in Tyler ( Loved the roses - DH is a floriculturist and managed a big nursery there)
My hope and prayers for all of the people that live in the Gulf costal states and the areas they are evacuating to for saftey is that they will be safe from harm, patient with others who are in the same boat, caring toward the sick, old and young ones, have enough food and water and heed the warnings to flee the lowest areas quickly. May the Wings of Angels spread over you to protect you.
Unread 09-22-2005, 01:29 PM

Thanks so much fatigued. What bothers me is that my incisions don't hurt; I actually stopped swelling up like a carton character in the Macy's parade - I just have this horrible dizzy, nausea, hot then cold, yucky feeling. And no one knows why. Other than that I would be doing excellent, better than before surgery.

My father and mother-in-law are UT grades who moved to College Station - he was a business professor and she was an elementary and pre-school teacher. My husband grew up there. He moved to Austin and went to UT. All his friends are UT Grades and big Football fans. His parents are here and have been for sometime. College Station is pretty cool. I graduated from SWTSU in San Marcos. I hear from everyone that the roses are wonderful in Tyler. My mother bought me an antique rose from there. Hope to visit myself sometime soon. Thanks again. Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register