Scheduled LSH Questions...doubts...more questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Questions...doubts...more questions Questions...doubts...more questions

Unread 02-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Questions...doubts...more questions

Hi,
I'm starting to have serious doubts... Just spoke with my Dr. and he told me that my sono looks absolutly normal however the sono would not show the
adeno.
Seems like good news, but now I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing. I suffer from bad periods with severe cramping, although, after reading some of the other posts here, I think it could be much worse. I've had two endometrial ablations and yes, the flow had been reduced considerably. Unfortunatly now it lingers on...
The pain is my major complaint and after having to have my tubes tied I kind of feel that I shouldn't have to suffer anymore.
With all that said, I'm wondering if I am making the right choice. I'm also concerned about having "mini periods" since I'm not having my cervix removed. My pain is almost always in my right side...but my Dr. says that my right ovary looks normal. He's leaving the decision to me. I have no idea what to do! Help!
Sorry, if it's a long post...venting
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Re: Questions...doubts...more questions

Should I have the right ovary removed?
Should I have it all removed? Should I even go thru with it at all????
Thanks again
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:01 PM

This is a question that only you and your doctor can answer. Have you had a second opinion? Try not to compare your issues with other people's issues. If you're in pain and your quality of life is suffering, that's what counts. It's tough with the adeno that they can really tell you if you have it until your uterus is removed. I was having pain and suspected adeno but had to take the leap of faith of surgery and hope I was doing the right thing. You definitely run the risk if mini periods if you keep your cervix, since that is part of your uterus. Sounds like you need to do some soul searching and decide what is best for you. There are no guarantees on what kind of outcome you will have so you need to be prepared to accept the risks. Good luck :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 08:35 PM

I am scheduled for the same surgery on the same day you are (and from NY also, but not the city).
As sugar and spice said it is a decision that only you can make. Talk it over with your dr and find out if it is right for you. I canme to my decision when I thought ... I am so tired of the pain and I want a chance at being "me pain free" I have endometriosis so this is not a 100% cure for me but I am to the point where I feel it is worth a shot. And even if I have mini periods I know that they won't be like they are now.

I wish you the best of luck but be sure of your decision --- once it is gone there is no putting it back. Hopefully in 2 weeks we will be in pain only from healing!
Unread 02-02-2012, 08:38 PM

oh I forgot. my right ovary also gives me a ton of pain all the time now... and although it "looks" fine mine does not move so they are thinking it may be bound up by adehsions which can't be seen. I am leaving it up to my dr if he needs to take it out or if it can be "freed"
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:26 PM

Thank you....you're both right. I think I'll feel much better after I sit down with my Dr next week and I know that I've suffered for too long already.
Good luck Nacaj!
Unread 02-04-2012, 04:44 AM

I had my hyster on Monday. I asked myself all the same questions! I obviously had some post op pain, but it was a different pain. And by the next day i already felt better and the post op pain way more controllable. It is so odd that i haven't been bleeding. I had a very little post op spotting. But nothing for days! But i keep putting on a just in case pad.

With that said, i wouldn't do it till you feel it the right decision for you. You will have fears, if you didn't you should be more concerned. Wish ya the best!
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:22 AM

Thank you. I think it's been the fear of it all that has me to doubt my decision. I'm still nervous but knowing that I've tried other options without any success gives me the confidence that I'm doing the right thing.
Thanks again...hope you have a speedy recovery!
Unread 02-04-2012, 07:19 AM

Hi

I am having the same doubts as you and my op is on Monday. But I keep telling myself that the surgeon wouldnt be doing the hysterectomy if he didnt think it was warranted. And I too want to be pain free finally :-)

Good luck and keep us posted as to how you go.

Meg
Unread 02-04-2012, 08:09 AM

Good Luck Meg!! Keep us posted on your recovery...hope it quick & easy!
Thanks for your support.
Laura

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register